Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cars: The Movie

GaryClark4Canton

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Saw Cars a couple days ago. Man, this movie is really good. Highly recommended. I went into it not expecting too much but by the end credits I had been thoroughly entertained. I give it 4 stars out of 5. The characters were great, the cars used were modeled well and showed good range of emotions, the creators really came up with some cool concepts in the world of cars. My only complaint was that I would have liked to have seen more cars represented thus allowing for more characters . Good date movie or for the family. what you guys think of it?

GC

Really good and a lot of comedy parents can enjoy that kids can't, simply because they're too young.

Anyone else notice in the beginning, during the first race, they show the lines to the bathrooms? All the male cars are going in and out real quick, while theres a line out the door for the female bathroom. Funny, simply because it's so true, but how many kids pick that up?

I was also pleasantly surprised with the movie. I usually enjoy this type of movie, but this one was much more entertaining than I expected.

exactly, i've seen em all from shrek, to ice age, to monsters inc and for some reason I wasn't really sold on the whole cars concept at first. I dont think the trailers did it justice to be quite honest. But once the movie started it grabbed me and sucked me in. And for a couple hours I was a kid again.

GC

Really good and a lot of comedy parents can enjoy that kids can't, simply because they're too young.

Anyone else notice in the beginning, during the first race, they show the lines to the bathrooms? All the male cars are going in and out real quick, while theres a line out the door for the female bathroom. Funny, simply because it's so true, but how many kids pick that up?

That bathroom part was hilarious ***end spoilers :) ***

I think the genius of these types of animated movies is that there are themes in them for all ages. Some of the younger kids will laugh at things adults just don't see as funny and vise versa. But there were parts where the whole theater was laughing as well.

Also, this is one of the very few movies where everyone stayed till the very end to see every last credit. Not too many pictures make you want to do that.

GC

I saw this movie a while ago, and I really liked it. I really question how good of a movie it is for children though. Just really young kids, not because of content at all...just how long it is. This is a surprisingly long movie. My rear end was definitly starting to go, I can't imagine how a 4-6 year old would take it. I went to a late showing, so there were no kids there at the time.

I don't have kids, so I could be way off base, I just couldn't see my 5 year old cousin sitting still that long.

I saw this movie a while ago, and I really liked it. I really question how good of a movie it is for children though. Just really young kids, not because of content at all...just how long it is. This is a surprisingly long movie. My rear end was definitly starting to go, I can't imagine how a 4-6 year old would take it. I went to a late showing, so there were no kids there at the time.

I don't have kids, so I could be way off base, I just couldn't see my 5 year old cousin sitting still that long.

The theater I went to had lots of little tikes (4-6 years old) as well as teenagers and adults. Surprisingly, only one child was taken out due to rowdiness and that was during the previews. All other little tikes that I saw were really digging the movie and kept their eyes glued to the big screen.

I was shocked too because the little kid behind my ex girlfriend and I had to be about 5 or 6 and the little guy stood up through the entire movie and didn't say a word. Just made little comments but never interrupting the experience. Maybe he was just a really good kid, but then again there were no other outbursts from any other little person. I think the visuals alone were captivating enough for all younglings.

GC

I was surprised at how much I liked this movie. I was hoping to go see something else, but my kids really wanted to see Cars. I really enjoyed it...

...if you go, stay through the entire movie - through the credits and all - some of the funniest stuff was after the credits were running and the movie theater emptied out as soon as they started to roll.

I was surprised at how much I liked this movie. I was hoping to go see something else, but my kids really wanted to see Cars. I really enjoyed it...

...if you go, stay through the entire movie - through the credits and all - some of the funniest stuff was after the credits were running and the movie theater emptied out as soon as they started to roll.

Aye, I guess in the theater you went to the patrons were a little impatient. About 90% of the people in my theater stayed till the very end. And people were still laughing and yucking it up throughout the entire end scroll. Good stuff. Now I can't wait till the DVD comes out.

GC

Highlight for spoiler Lightning: "You don't understand. It's all about the Piston Cup."

Mater: "He did what in his cup?"

I damn near fell out of the seat. :laugh:

Alot of people in my theater I think it went over their heads, alot of stuff was going on in that scene but me and the dude next to me were balling out loud at that one.

You couldn't help but like Mater's character in the story. End Spolier

GC

Archived