Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

First bicycle wreck

cjcdaman

I feel like Mickalino making a dumb thread like this :laugh:(J/K Mick), but my son had his first wreck on his bicycle yesterday.

hpim00614wc.th.jpg

hpim00626sl.th.jpg

Do you guys remember your first big "skin scraper"? Mine was a kid-made ramp I made in front of my house. I went up it and I did not know how to "conquer" a ramp yet. I hit hit the concrete back first, then head, then the bike fell on me. :doh:

Mine was at the bottom of the street that we lived on when I was a kid. The street was ridiculously steep and i was riding down fast as ****. When I got to the bottom I had to hit the brakes hard and the bike slid and fell over into a bunch of gravel. It sucked pretty bad. :mad:

My first bike wreck was on the first day I tried to learn to ride a bike. Down a hill, headed for a curb, froze up, hit the curb, flew over the handlebars, bike landed on me.

But I landed in grass, so no harm done (except my pride).

I could not possibly count the number of bike wrecks I've had over the past 20 years. My most recent and perhaps best one was just a couple of years ago, involving a crosswalk, a Boston taxi, a deep puddle of tepid roadway filth and a sidewalk full of pedestrians. It was spectacular.

This is embarrassing but I never had training wheels so my dad went out and just got me a Ross Piranha bike, sleek and black--looked cool as hell. So I get on the bike and then he pushes me and tells me to just hang on but I keep losing balance. Finally, I keep the balance for awhile but he frantically tells me to steer away from the solitary tree in the field.

I proceed to run RIGHT into the tree and bust a reflector. I felt so stupid. How do you hit the tree when there's only one. Why not just fall off the dumb bike?! I felt like I was on the Simpsons (well looking back on it, since the Simpsons didnt exist yet.)

There were two times im not sure which one came sooner...I was riding to the end of my street pretty quickly, got to the end, a car was coming really fast down the street I pulled out into so I steered to the side of the road, hit the curb, and as a great piece of neighborhood planning our curbs were the stupid straight angle kind such as: ]_____________[ with the middle being the roadway.

So I hit the curb head on, the bike stopped, I flipped over the handlebars, flew 3-4 feet over the grass between the curb and the sidewalk, and landed elbow first on the sidewalk. I had a scab the size of my entire right elbow for months and it hurt whenever I moved my arm.

The 2nd time I remember was in the spring, they would dump all those massive amounts of sand whenever it snowed and it would pool at the end of the street...well I had been out riding around the neighborhood and I was riding down the hill at probably a good 15 or so MPH, tried to take the right turn up my street too quickly, hit a massive patch of sand, spun out sideways, had sand cut open and lodge in the entire side of my right leg (I was wearing shorts)

One of the funniest things i have ever heard in my life was that my little brother was riding his bike and got a wreck by get this, hitting a freaking cat. He hit it and flipped over and then some asian guy just laughed at him. He should have never told my family that it happened.. lol

My first bike had no brakes. If I pedaled forward, I went forward, if I pedaled backwards, I went backwards. When going downhill, I would have to lift my legs and let the pedals just spin really fast.

So this one day, I went down a really steep hill with a 90 degree turn at the bottom. I leaned too hard and the pedal caught the road and I was thrown across the road and hit my head and shoulder on a trailor hitch. I had cuts, bruises and road rash all over after that crash.

I had an old bike with the banana seat and the bar on the back. I had just finished pulling a good wheelie and was coming back down. I didn't know that I was too far back and the bar nailed me right in berries. I laid in the street for about 10 minutes as the nausea swept over me and I thought I was going to throw up.

My friend and I were racing to see who coud go off of a small dirt jump first, but the problem was neither of us pulled ahead:doh: So we ended up goin up at the same time and we collided in mid air and the bikes got tangeled. He flew off and landed away from where the bikes did. I on the other hand landed right under both bikes on my stomach. His pegs on the bike hit my head. It woulda hurt like hell, but luckily i was wearing a helmet.;)

I remember my first bike my dad found it in the garbage, it was horrible and to top it off he spray painted it orange,....bright friggin orange. The handle bars did not match the frame, it was an embarasement.

Anyhow, I remeber him getting pi**ed off trying to teach me how to ride (I was lets say "Husky" as a youth and did not have the best balance) He would push the bike while I learned to steer and he finnally got pissed and just shoved me,....well I went flying down the driveway and panicked as I was headed toward the street so I turned into the side of his car, I got scraped up the car got scraped up and then he yelled at me and beat the crap out of my behind. Needless to say I went back to my old friend the BigWheel until about 3 months later when I learned how to ride a bike on my own.

Ah yes the memories of a disfunctional family......priceless....

My first bike wreck, that was bad anyway, I tried to jump a ramp my friend had built with 14 bricks(7 bricks high) and a piece of plywood. I peddled hard like a mf'er and hit the ramp, except when I landed my handlebars were crooked, the bars jammed into my stomach and I went head first onto the pavement, scratched my noggin and arms up pretty good and gave me a nice bruise on my stomach from the handlebars.

I'm not sure if this is the first one, but it is the earliest on I can remember. One day when I was about 5, by dad, my two brothers and I were riding up to the pool. We were riding up this one street and for some reason, the sidewalk just ends so it makes a 90 degree turn and has an opening to get out in the street. Back when I was 5, I loved to ride fast and hit ramps and stuff. SO I was flying down the sidewalk and instead of slowing down and just taking the turn normally, I pretty much kept my speed and decided I wanted to ramp. The sidewalk entrance had sides that angled up to me the curb. So I hit that, ramped into the air, and then something went wrong and when I landed, I fell of my bike and skinned my knees pretty bad and was getting rid of a pretty good amount of blood. It was pretty cool.

In a way, I want to tell you about my other bike wrecks, but since this is just for your first wreck, I won't.

I totally knew you were under the age of 20 once I read the word "Helmet"

puss ;)

whatever if i wasnt wearing the helmet i probably would have been seriously hurt, or something bad i dont know lol something bad :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

Archived