Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

??Cowboys O-Coordinator??

powerANDgut

Can anyone tell me who the Cowboys new offensive coordinator is and why nobody is taking that into account?

Sean Payton was there since 2003 and left for the Aints.

Considering they have a marginally rebuilt line with a RB who hasn't seen enough playing time to be comfortable with any offense, I think this is somewhat of a big deal.

Not to mention TO's first year getting acclimated.

We all know as redskins fans what a new OC (Spurrier) can do to an offense.

No, Chris Palmer is not the offensive coordinator, he's the quarterbacks coach.

For people who obsess over the Cowboys you guys seem to be badly informed on the topic. :D

We know Palmer was the QB coach last season. Thought he was given the OC position this year.

Evidently you don't know either or you'd have told us

For people who obsess over the Cowboys you guys seem to be badly informed on the topic. :D

sorry KID but who is obsessed... ?

is this a redskins board? yeah i think it is.... why r you on it? must be some sort of obsession with the skins.

OWNED... peace:dallasuck

Since closet obsessed Skins fan couldn't come up with an answer I found surprisingly:laugh: , the girls have a strange O-coaching situation:

INSIDE DISH: Coach Bill Parcells says he has no idea who's going to call plays since offensive line coach Tony Sparano is the running game coordinator and Todd Haley is the passing game coordinator, and neither has done it before. One option could be quarterbacks coach Chris Palmer, who has experience calling plays. To prevent hurt feelings and personal agendas, Parcells might opt to do it himself, which he has done most of his career. Sean Payton did it last year as the offensive coordinator with input from Parcells, but he was hired as the new New Orleans head coach

Thanks SkinsForLife

...To prevent hurt feelings and personal agendas, Parcells might opt to do it himself, which he has done most of his career. Sean Payton did it last year as the offensive coordinator with input from Parcells, but he was hired as the new New Orleans head coach...

You know its funny, because all the cowboy fans keep saying how terrible Payton was as play-caller last year. Hmmm. I guess he wasn't alone on an island after all.

:)

You know its funny, because all the cowboy fans keep saying how terrible Payton was as play-caller last year. Hmmm. I guess he wasn't alone on an island after all.

:)

Payton was God awful. And it said "Input" from Parcells.

Parcells called the good plays. :silly:

Payton only called the plays in 2005. Parcells called them in 2003 and 2004. The scheme and the plays shouldn't differ anymore than any other team that keeps the same coaching staff around.

As most Cowboys fans will tell you, Payton was incredibly frustrating to watch his play calls....especially in the red zone where it was always "run, run, fade pass to Keyshawn." So in my mind, Parcells calling the plays again is a good thing.

Also, Parcells turned over the play calling duties to Payton because he wanted to help out on the defensive side. Plus, he had a team meeting before last season telling the players that they need to put forth a team effort and set the egos aside. So by turning over the play calling duties, Parcells was leading by example.

As far as Owens goes, I think his main problem will be knocking off the rust since he hasn't played football since October.

Rich...........

Isn't that what happened in NY with Payton as well?

Fassell's problem with Payton was that Payton was utilizing too much motion in the offense and it wasn't fooling anybody. Fassel took over the duties and the NYG offense exploded. Payton shows some pretty sharp skills at time so I can see why coaches like him, but he's never proven to be a really good O-Coordinator.

Rich........

We know Palmer was the QB coach last season. Thought he was given the OC position this year.

Chris Palmer wasn't on the Cowboys coaching staff at all last year.

There is no named O Coordinator, the duties will be shared by Palmer and Haley helping form gameplans with parcells and Parcells calling the plays. So if you want a name of the O Coor it would have to be Parcells

Chris Palmer wasn't on the Cowboys coaching staff at all last year.

There is no named O Coordinator, the duties will be shared by Palmer and Haley helping form gameplans with parcells and Parcells calling the plays. So if you want a name of the O Coor it would have to be Parcells

Yes, I see he was with texas. Thank you

Palmer wasn't here last season. I think he was with the Texans. I do know, however, that we in fact do NOT have an O-coordinator.

As for me being a closet Redskins fan, I could understand why Redskins fans wouldn't want anyone to know who they're rooting for.

So do we and we've only improved it in the offseason. We always hear about how young and talented their D is, what about our's which was ranked higher than their's last year?

I think the part of it is that your defense doesn't need to be very talented, because Gregg Williams is a great coordinator.

The other part might have to do with Dallas actually having a younger defense, along with the fact that Dallas is actually going to have another year of the 3-4 in their belts, which can only help dallas.

Palmer wasn't here last season. I think he was with the Texans. I do know, however, that we in fact do NOT have an O-coordinator.

As for me being a closet Redskins fan, I could understand why Redskins fans wouldn't want anyone to know who they're rooting for.

!. Already answered.

2. What?

I'll blame your responses on being tired, not skewed due to allegiances.;)

Archived