Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

More Excited About our Offense or Defense???

willmb5

the offense was much better last year than the year before, and with the additions of Lloyd, ARE, Fauria, and Coach Al Saunders, they should be better and much more explosive this year, really fun to watch.

the defense, on the other hand, has been very good for the last 4 years or so??? last year, in the Tampa playoff game especially, our defense won us a couple of games that we didn't play too well in. We added Andre Carter and Adam Archuletta, drafted Rocky McIntosh, and got rid of a whining and undependable Lavar Arrington.

so the question is, are you more excited about the offense or the defense???

Personally....Im more excited to see our defense. They are going to be amazing to watch. We have had one of the best run defenses in the NFL the past few years, and this year should be no different which will force teams to try to pass........

UH OH....

Sean Taylor and Adam Archuletta, arguably two of the hardest hitting safeties in the league will be waiting for receivers to go up for balls. Not to mention, Andre Carter will be killing quarterbacks, and Marcus Washington is always dependable for a few big hits (along with griffin and marshall) I can't wait to see our defense this year, and I think Sean Taylor is gonna be one of the most dominating defensive players in the league this year

Can I add a C. Option? Special Teams. I want to see a punt go longer than 16 yards thanks to the Aussie(who we haven't heard from in a long time but can't be worse than what we have). And ARE making dynamic kick-returns. I miss seeing a dependable S.T.; we've seen flashes from the offense and our defense has been amazing for years but when's the last time we've had a good Special Teams squad?

<<<<<Just look at the name, I always wanted a Redskins team where other teams actually feared our defense, like the Bears in the 80's or the Steelers in the 70's. We have been a very good defense over the past few years with Marvin and now Greg, but I think this year could be that special one.

The thing this team has lacked is that one guy who can dominate at DE, adding Carter should help our pass rush greatly. Carter loves playing DE and wasn't used properly in SF last year at LB, we will see some good things from Mr. Carter this year. This also helps with a depth issue, because Wynn is now the first guy off the bench, and he can play anywhere on the line. We added a couple of youngsters at DT, I have read some interesting things about them so far and Greg said some encouraging things about em as well after OTA's. Hopefully both of them can stick around and give our defensive line a shot of youth. They only have to beat out Killings and Boschetti for backup roles.

Then you get a guy like Archuleta who is another hard hitting beast in the middle, if you avoid S. Taylors side now, you can still get your head knocked off on the other side. Arch is also a very good blitzing safety, alot like Springs you never know when there coming which adds another scare for opposing teams. Carlos Rogers with a year under his belt will be better as well. Taylor has all of his legal troubles behind and can concentrate fully on football.

I think that Rocky McIntosh is gonna suprise alot of folks at the Will spot. Not just my opinion but Greg Williams' as well. He said that the light was about to come on for Mr. Rocky before his minor knee injury set back. Greg also said that he seen Rocky do things during OTA's that he has never seen before from a youngster. Once healthy and back in the swing he will need to study his butt off to learn the defense, after that the sky is the limit for this kid and this is the kid the Redskins targeted all along in the 2nd round.

Don't forget the spectacular mainstays with Griffin, Daniels, Washington and Salavea' just to name a few. Then factor in that Marshall is coming into is 2nd full season in the middle which will make him even more comfortable making the defensive calls.

Kenny Wright brings some experience to our nickle spot and Pierson Prioleau is a very solid nickle or dime guy as well.

Add in a few youngsters.......at safety Doughty is that smart football player that Greg Loves.....at MLB Simon was a stud when healthy in college and could battle for the backup role behind Marshall.....Finish with a couple of UDFA's that could very well make this team in Spencer Havner LB UCLA and Joe Sykes DE Southern and there will be more competition this year then ever before.

Can't wait until training camps starts, and hopefully they can stay healthy throughout.....I am a little excited about our defense can you tell???

You know, my 10 years of playing football, I played on the defense, my 7 years of coaching, I've been known as a defensive coach. Yeah, I like defense as much as the next guy. I've been quoted by friends as saying I would love to see a game where the final score was 14-12 with no touchdowns or field goals.

However, I have to say, I'm looking forward to our defense pumping up our offense and our offense pumping up our defense. Just like in the 80's.

We've had a top ten defense 5 out of the past 6 years.

We've had a bottom ten offense 5 out of the past 6 years.

I am very excited to see how Saunders builds on our #11 offense from a year ago. If we can get our offensive to match our already potent defense, it's gonna be a fun year. :)

I'm real excited for the offense, but I'm most proud of our defense being the hardest hitting I have seen in recent years in the NFL.

Sean and Adam are both guys who try and strike fear (and pain) into opponents through explosive hits.

Marcus Washington plays with as much energy and enthusiasm as anyone I've ever seen he is my favorite linebacker I have ever seen play (at least since I was somewhat grown up teenager)

Carlos and Springs are gonna be on lockdown intercept.

Andre Carter is really gonna explode playing next to the kind of DTs we have.

And Rocky has so much athleticism I just don't even know what to expect.

All in all the offense just has to be good. I wish I had full on confidence in Brunell, its just the up and down of the last 2 years that kinda scares me but I think he really has it in him to step up and lead this offense. I mean Jesus he has as many weapons as he's ever had in his career.

:point2sky

Got to be offence man, we got good width and speed in Moss and Pattern, then add to them Randle El and Lloyd and thats just the passing game. You still got the running backs of Portis and Betts, to top if of Joe Gibbs has got Al Saunders. Mark Brunnell is in heavon this year bring on Miami in feb for the superbowl. Need to say nowt about the D somebody beat me to it.

I gotta go with defense. On offense you can demoralize and embrass the the opponent's defense, mess with them mentally. On defense, we can actually hurt them physically. Nothing like smacking the will out of team, especially the boys.

Archived