Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ozzie's At It Again

BURGUNDYBLEEDER

He's telling the truth about the differences in language in his country. Calling someone a "maricon" or "huevon" in spanish, both words can be translated to "fag", are commonly used to describe a lack of courage. Sadly Ozzie isn't in his home country nor speaking Spanish at the time so it makes for a less then convincing case.

Guillen also told Couch that he has gay friends, attends WNBA games, went to a Madonna concert and plans to go to the Gay Games in Chicago.

Sure, I guess that makes it ok, but he left out that he'd be attending an LPGA event as well as dancing for "those people" at the Hangar Club... :laugh:

"I don't have anything against those people. In my country, you call someone something like that and it is not the same as it is in this country.''

Okay, well, you're in this country, Ozzie. We don't like that sort of thing, so don't do it. Why is that difficult to understand?

I don't have a problem with Ozzie, but he needs to realize when to shut up.

I'm so sick of this piddly little playground crap becoming major headlines. So what?

Then the White Sox guy has to come out right away and do the whole "if we offended or hurt anyone we are truly very sorry" nonsense.

Oh, no, the mean man called him a NAME. The horror!

We definitely need to grow a collective thicker skin in this wuss country.

I'm so sick of this piddly little playground crap becoming major headlines. So what?

Then the White Sox guy has to come out right away and do the whole "if we offended or hurt anyone we are truly very sorry" nonsense.

Oh, no, the mean man called him a NAME. The horror!

We definitely need to grow a collective thicker skin in this wuss country.

I agree completely. I actually use the term to refer to anyone I consider uncool, tool-ish, etc. It is just funny that Ozzie isn't PC which is refreshing and the response by Reidorf and the headline itself just go to show how much of a PC culture we have become. Funny though when someone keeps it real and speaks their mind without worrying about the PC Police.

YUp, this caring what you call people is too overdone. "Too PC" is a real serious issue in the country. We are famous for being just too damn mannerly and respectful of our fellows. This derogatory-name-label-sensitivity stuff is just the same BS as when you casually point out someone's wife, daughter, sister, or mother is a pig or a slut. Some people are just touchy about some things and others aren't ;) . Who on earth knows why? :whoknows:

:laugh:

I agree Jumbo.

I cant believe people actually care about what Ozzie said. Its pathetic. I know for damn sure, if I was famous, I would be the biggest bigot, ******** and ******* (in the eyes of the public). And wouldn't give a damn either. Its what i think. Why should you care?

The only person who has a right to be upset by what Ozzie said is the guy he said it about. As in Ozzie's country, a lack of courage as an assessment of a man, can be considered to make him a "soft" man, which, certainly can be construed to be he's gay. It's a pretty solid shot at a guy you don't like as it clearly has the effect hoped for :).

Archived