Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN.com Power Rankings Skins are behind Dallas, Cinci, and Miami

The Full Monty

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?season=2006&week=0

Merge or delete if posted already.

But how in hell are Dallas, Miami, and Cinci better than us?

Dallas' mediocre running game, secondary, and weak o-line, Miami is unsettled at QB with only 1 WR worth a damn, and Carson Palmer will either be rusty or inactive to go with a mediocre defense, I ask you, are they trying to be idiots?

You know what, it's just more motivation. That's all.

We swept Dallas and somehow a cancer makes them better than us from an offseason standpoint? Get real. From now on any power ranking with Dallas ahead of the Skins is garbage.

This is what they said about the Jets:

When was the last time any one of four QBs on the roster had a chance to be the opening day starter? That's not a good sign.

Am I stupid here or did Ramsey AND Pennington not start week one last year? That sums up the whole rankings, screw all 7 of the tards who made them.

Last time I checked football is a team sport, picking up TO doesn't make their TEAM any better. The Seahawks lost their pro-bowl lineman and big target reciever yet they are number one?

Even though that guy ranked the Giants behind us, I thought what he wrote about them was funny. "A WR (Plaxico Burress) and his QB (Eli Manning) don't have to get along." To me, that sounds an awful lot like what people were saying about Philly when TO and Mcnabb were having their tiff last year. And we all know how bad the Eagles tanked with their WR and his QB not getting along. :rolleyes:

Miami in 2006 is Arizona in 2005. All hype, baby. All hype.

ugh...the media is all over this dolphins team, its sickening. who did they beat last year...their schedule was cake. personally id knock them down to the 16 spot.

and btw :dallasuck

All this media hype surrounding the Cowboys is actually sweet news for me. Gives all these Cowdung fans a false sense of security heading into the season. They all really are buying into all of it and I love nothing more than to see the hopes and dreams of Cowboys fans shattered as they lose one more game to seal their fate.

This is good news for us, and gives us more stuff to laugh at the stupid Cowdung fans at the end of the year.

"So where is that Lombardi trophy that CNN and Fox gave you guys in the off-season?"

Do not believe the hype folks.. I do not believe in what these fools say. The games has to be played. Honestly, I think the Bengals are ranked too high. I think they took teams by surprise last year. They have a much harder schedule their defense still not very strong . The biggest question mark going in to the season for the Bengals is Carson Palmer.

Did you guys hear that Jerry Rice on Sirius' Afternoon Blitz said he thinks the Cowboys are going to be in the Super Bowl against Indy? C'mon Jerry...you just made yourself look like a bandwagoning fool! Oh well, it'll be a great thing to prove him wrong. LOL! Dallas in the Super Bowl this year...yeeeeeaaaaaah :rolleyes:

I have no problem with the rankings. The Bengals were a darn good team last year. If Carson Palmer is late coming back then there might be a problem but if he's back in time they are formidable.

The Dolphins finished strong last year with Gus Frerotte at QB. They might be a tad high but they are well coach and get to play the Jets and Bills four times.

As for the Cowboys, the media spankfest with Fattie Mantitties continues. If we had switched offseasons with them and neglected our biggest weakness while signing a flashy, troubled WR at a position that wasn't a problem the year before they would be all over us.

Oh well.

Does anyone remember the bad ol days when we would be in the 20s-25's?

What you mean like last year?

What I find funny is the age-old "will this be the year the spending pays off?" Um - again - what do you call LAST year?

:dallasuck

I have no problem with the Bengals being ranked ahead of the Skins, they were excellent last year and very well could have kept the Steelers from advancing in the playoffs had Carson Palmer not been injured right out of the gate.

The Cowboys and Dolphins, however...lol :doh:

I think you may be right on that. Palmer was white-hot last year and he probably would've beaten the Steelers in a close game. But Palmer will be very rusty or not even play the first weeks of the season, that makes Cinci worse than us. Who's in their secondary? Who's their LB's again? That's right, I can't name them either. I'll take our secondary and Lemar, Marcus, and whoever is weakside over those guys any day of the week. And don't even get me started on our d-line against Cinci's. No contest.

I have no problem with the Bengals being ranked ahead of the Skins, they were excellent last year and very well could have kept the Steelers from advancing in the playoffs had Carson Palmer not been injured right out of the gate.

The Cowboys and Dolphins, however...lol :doh:

One problem with that people act like Palmer play defense. Carson Palmer does not play defense. Also people seem to forget they did beat them at their home earlier 24-7 something like that and Palmer played the whole game. Their defense is the reason why they lost the game. They didn't stop anyone.

Archived