Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who are the worst shock jock/sportstalk radio personalities out there?

Thanos

I'm just gonna throw this out there.... dawg... Cowherd!

I like Cowherd when he's not talking **** to his listeners. I just change the channel when he slips into his extraordinarily smug mode, but other times, I think his show can be really good.

I'll throw out this nomination that I know will get NO support:

I really don't like Dan Patrick as a radio personality. I think he's boring and his opinions are usually unsupported by anything.

I think Stern is the worst out there. He was funny back in the late eighties early ninties, but his schtick has worn extremely thin. Then again, maybe I've changed some since then. :D

I have heard a lot of people trash Rome here, but I have to say I like his show on the radio. He's a bit over the top on TV but the jungle is very entertaining. Maybe I'm biased by the fact I went to a tour stop in Albquerque a couple years ago. Anyone who provides me an opportunity to start drinking at 8 in the am, and has strippers at their event is ok in my book.

Another vote for Cowherd. Same reasons as above, smug and slams his own listeners. I refuse to listen to that clown.

Dan Patrick gets an honorable mention for sucking. His whole routine is asking himself questions and then giving his answer. It was an episode of Seinfeld back in the day.

"Do I think Shaq is still a great player? No. Do I think that he can still be great in spurts? Yes." --- Once you start hearing this you cannot be annoyed by it.

Stern hasn't been funny since '91. '92 if I'm being generous. Now he just sounds like and angry old man and has become everything he used to make fun of.

Cowherd is terrible. He's the guy you know who always has to be the contrarian just for the hell of it. Topping it all off, he somehow has the ego based on literally nothing. He has nothing really going for him that makes him unique or even stand-out in any way, shape or form.

Eric Kuselias (sp?) is a guy who has nothing to talk about, so he constantly slows his delivery and repeats the same thing three times per sentence. If you could take only the unique content of his show and listen to it, ESPN's Sports Bash would probably be 20 minutes long. He's also a member of the Colin Cowherd Mystery Ego club, but his opinions are usually worse and based on even less substance than Cowherd's.

Still think Mike and Mike are horrible. I can't stand the way they whine to each other about everything.

Cowherd is very hard to listen to. I tried him after Kornheiser left and couldn't get into him at all.

Beaudry was right about Dan Patrick with the way he always asks questions and then answers them himself. I have noticed alot of the public figures and talking heads on TV do that now and to me it is very irritating.

Eric Kuselias is just a loudmouth blowhard who takes opposite opinions just to start an argument.

Jim Rome is epitome of what's wrong with Sports Radio. Its the same schtick over and over.

Of course, Rome did provide one of the top 3 all time moments on ESPN when he got his ass kicked by Jim "Chris" Everett.

Also high on my list would be Adam Corolla - his replacement of Stern on the West Coast is horrible. Unlistenable.

Max Kellerman and Stephen A Smith are high on my annoying list too. But Chris Berman tops them all at ESPN.

Tim Brando is cool but he's a fool if he thinks colleges athletics is this last bastion of untainted sports in America.He tenmds to broad stroke issues on recruiting and the like.

Sports Junkie's-Lost something and they seemed to not have regained their footing.I think they've out grown their demographic.Its not 1995 at Colege Park anymore.

Sports Junkie's-Lost something and they seemed to not have regained their footing.I think they've out grown their demographic.Its not 1995 at Colege Park anymore.

Exactly. They lost a little something between nights at WJFK and mornings at WHFS and were never able to recapture it.

Exactly. They lost a little something between nights at WJFK and mornings at WHFS and were never able to recapture it.

They feel they are untouchable now and barely talk about sports, they were better at nights then in the morning.

Not a sports radio host, but Elliott from Elliott in the Morning. His laugh sounds like thousands of animals dying in unison.

haha...his show is hit-or-miss sometimes... Its a funny show, but I have indeed changed the station whenever they let Elliot laugh for like...10 straight seconds...which is a lot in radio time.

Anyways, I only listen to WJFK or WHFS ...they call it "Free FM" which is really laughable.

Peter Rosenberg is just a dumbass kid. He's just horrible at radio.

Jay Severin is an absolute douchebag. What a tool. For every decent point he may make he makes five horribly calculated/supported points.

Stern, the last 15 years, to me is just another reminder to me that nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public.

Its not that I assume he's the worst now, because the whole "shock-jock" schtick is one I pass on, it's just that the enormity of his success vs. his actual "talent" calls his name into focus.

ROSENBURG! **** him. I didnt even think to post him, because he certainly isnt a "shock jock." That guy has no interesting commentary, no sense of humor, no point. He brings nothing to the table at all. Why would anyone listen to him talk to his boring boy for hours on end? I listened to him once talking about rap music and he just wanted to come across as knowing more than his listeners. Then i heard him talking about the Skins, and spent 10 minutes alternating between laughing at him fumble with names and thinking WTF? as he was "breaking it down." :doh: Then i heard him talking about the war and it was completely apparant that he's been handed everything (including his job, i assume) in life on a silver platter, but talks like he's "street." :puke:

Archived