Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vic Carucci Random Thoughts JC blurb

Isifhan

Not sure what he meant by this....

--Counting his time at the University of Auburn, Washington Redskins reserve second-year quarterback Jason Campbell is learning his sixth offense in six seasons. With no chance to develop continuity and with new Redskins offensive coordinator Al Saunders planning to bring Campbell along slowly, you begin to wonder whether his NFL career will ever have a chance to gain any traction.

http://nfl.com/news/story/9517038

^Are you so sure?

I always thought Marvin Lewis was gonna be here....and a minute later he's in Cincy....

Saunders will be here for a while and I never thought Lewis would be here very long.

Campbell is learning a new offense, but not a completely different offense. A lot of the terminology is the same and the basic principles are the same. If we switched to the WCO I would agree with Vic.

So, the guy learns 4 offenses in college and leads his team to an undefeated season in his last year--but will be unable to do anything as a pro since he had to sit on the bench for one season--yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

^Are you so sure?

I always thought Marvin Lewis was gonna be here....and a minute later he's in Cincy....

How could you think that Marvin Lewis was going to be here for more than a year??? Everyone in the NFL knew he was passed up on the head coaching vacancies and it was just a matter of time before he finally got his chance.

Saunders however has said that this is his last stop in the NFL with Gibbs.

^Are you so sure?

What gave you the impression that Lewis was here for more than a year? Every human being on Earth (save one apparently) knew he was going to get a HC opportunity.

How could you think that Marvin Lewis was going to be here for more than a year??? Everyone in the NFL knew he was passed up on the head coaching vacancies and it was just a matter of time before he finally got his chance.

Saunders however has said that this is his last stop in the NFL with Gibbs.

His damn contract gave me the impression that M.Lewis was gonna be here....

but wasnt Saunders also getting Interest from other teams for HC position?....Ahhh But what the hell....I want to be wrong :silly::D

What gave you the impression that Lewis was here for more than a year? Every human being on Earth (save one apparently) knew he was going to get a HC opportunity.

Give him a break, he's only 16. When i was 12 or 13, i thought Gus Ferrotte was our new franchise QB :doh:

--It's way too early to panic, but the Philadelphia Eagles can't be comfortable that defensive tackle Brodrick Bunkley, their first-round draft pick, has struggled during offseason workouts. Grasping Jim Johnson's complex defensive scheme isn't easy, and rookies who fail to show early indications of being able to pick it up can quickly find themselves slipping behind as the year progresses. --The San Francisco 49ers are switching from a 4-3 to a 3-4 defensive scheme that puts a great deal of focus on the performance of their outside linebackers. Although the 49ers are young and thin at the position, the risk is worth the potential reward of keeping offenses guessing about the direction from which the fourth pass rusher will be coming.

Awwww and WB36 had just gotten good at holding his poster up with one hand.....

but wasnt Saunders also getting Interest from other teams for HC position?....Ahhh But what the hell....I want to be wrong :silly::D

The ONLY other NFL team that gave Saunders "consideration" was the Oakland Raiders. That's it. And it was an "interest", he wasn't extended a contract, he was just a candidate.

At a job that no one in the NFL wanted.... except Art Shell.

Saunders isn't a hot coaching commodity any longer. If he didn't get it in KC... he's not going to ever get a shot.

The ONLY other NFL team that gave Saunders "consideration" was the Oakland Raiders. That's it. And it was an "interest", he wasn't extended a contract, he was just a candidate.

At a job that no one in the NFL wanted.... except Art Shell.

Saunders isn't a hot coaching commodity any longer. If he didn't get it in KC... he's not going to ever get a shot.

YOUR RIGHT....IM WRONG... :cheers: Can we all be friends now lol??

Don't fear, a lot of these articles are regurgitation (sp?) and comments based on AP stories, etc. As we know, several media personnel KILLED Gibbs for the Campbell, Rogers, other draft picks, and free agency, but look now?!!!

Now these guys want to talk about how great Gibbs is after the fact, that Campbell was a good pick after the fact. Come on!

Plus, he refers to Auburn as the "University of Auburn". That's another strike.

I think if our offense goes to top 5, def top 3, he will be a HC next year for a team. One, we will get more national pub than KC did. If Portis has Priest/LJ/Faulk numbers, it will be thought of that he is the reason and not the KC o-line. With success for him could come dissappointment for us.

Just my 2 cents.

His damn contract gave me the impression that M.Lewis was gonna be here....

Thats why it was such a shock when we signed him as an offensive coordinater.

I remember seeing...

NFL: The Washington Redskins sign former offensive coordinater Al Saunders to a 3 year contract as the...(i thought it was gonna say head coach, meaning we fired joe gibbs) offensive coordinater(then i was shocked,happy,reliefed).

That was the best ESPN News Bar ever lol.

^Are you so sure?

I never thought Lewis would be in DC for long. Saunders sounds like winning and enjoying who your with is more important than being the head coach just anywhere.

Archived