Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Frank Herzog - bring him back!!

Bryan81

Anyone else think Frank Herzog needs to be brought back? I do, I think we need to hear "Touchdown, Washington Redskins" as only he can do - especailly since I think we have a real shot at the Super Bowl this season.

:point2sky

Anyone else think Frank Herzog needs to be brought back? I do, I think we need to hear "Touchdown, Washington Redskins" as only he can do - especailly since I think we have a real shot at the Super Bowl this season.

:point2sky

The Scoopless Wonder? No. Lemme rephrase that, HELL NO! He USED TO be good, but over the years, fell apart. Couldn't get player names right, couldn't get team names right & he was downright dreadful with other sports coverage. He once stated during the Stanley Cup Playoffs, when the Ottawa Senators were playing the Tampa Bay Lighting that "Ottawa defeated the Senators." :doh:

'That's pretty impressive, Frank. What else ya got for me? Did Washington beat the Redskins & Baltimore defeat the Orioles, too, you dolt?' I can't stand Frank Herzog. He was the sole reason I stopped watching channel 9 news.

yes he was pretty bad to hear.. i used to love pat summerrall.. i thikn hes is one of the most underrated announcers in the league

Summerall underrated??? He was the #1 PBP guy on CBS for years and years, first with Tommy Brookshire and then John Madden. He was very good but hugely biased towards the Cowboys and Giants. He also was terrible towards the end. He got that old-age attention deficit disorder that older folks get where you could tell the game was moving too fast for him. Sad to say but Sam is at that stage now IMO with Sonny not far behind. In fact Madden is getting there himself.

I meant to add that I thought Frank called a great game up until the day he was let go. I heard him the next year doing a game for NFL radio (Browns vs ?) and it made me very sad to hear it. I could care less than he wasn't very good on the local news. He was a hell of a PBP announcer and a great straight man to Sonny and Sam's schtick.

I meant to add that I thought Frank called a great game up until the day he was let go. I heard him the next year doing a game for NFL radio (Browns vs ?) and it made me very sad to hear it. I could care less than he wasn't very good on the local news. He was a hell of a PBP announcer and a great straight man to Sonny and Sam's schtick.
:applause: Well said.

besides his touchdown, w.r. saying, i think he was not that great. Pat had a tremendous knowledge of the game and was a pleasure to hear

I was never a fan of Pat Summeral. He was always on the Cowboys' jock. Him & John Madden alike. Now, I'll admit that he was much better earlier in MY life then he was when he retired. He was particularly bad towards the end of his career & I, for one, was glad to see him go. The game had definately passed him by at that point & I was tired of seeing them prop a corpse up in the announcers booth. But hey, that's just me.

I grew up with him and enjoyed listening to him but all the announcers kind of blow now. I think the game is too fast for all of them. For whatever reason larry's voice annoys me, but with that said I think he's a good announcer, I just can't really tolerate listening to him. I use to turn off the sound on the tv and listen to the radio as well, but those days are long past and they aren't coming back.

I never thought Frank was a great local sports anchor, but his play by play with the Redskins was pretty good, and was a lot better then Larry Michaels. As far as Sam Huff goes he is getting older & if they were to replace him with anyone I would hope they were able to get John Riggins or Charles Mann.

I would love to have Frank back he was great. 106.7 was stupid for geting rid of him. Frank,Sonny and Sam were an all star broadcasting team

I don't think 106.7 had anything to do with replacing Frank with Larry.....Can you connect the dots....Larry replaces Frank on the Redskins radio network......Larry becomes VP (or whatever his title is) for Redskins Audio and Video Production.....Larry now works for Danny.....and who let 106.7 broadcast Redskins games?......full circle....figure it out.

Yes that's true Snyder had something to do with getting rid of Frank, which makes me wonder about just how much Snyder knows about the Redskins & it's history. If he is as big a lifelong 'Skins fan as he claims why would he get rid of the guy who made all the calls during their Super Bowl glory days. I wasn't a fan of the move when it was made & I stomached all I can. Time for Frank to come back just like Joe Gibbs.

Yes that's true Snyder had something to do with getting rid of Frank, which makes me wonder about just how much Snyder knows about the Redskins & it's history. If he is as big a lifelong 'Skins fan as he claims why would he get rid of the guy who made all the calls during their Super Bowl glory days. I wasn't a fan of the move when it was made & I stomached all I can. Time for Frank to come back just like Joe Gibbs.

First off, CBS owns 106.7. He was losing his job on CBS because he wasn't getting the stories anymore. What stories he was getting were like 3 day old bread. We all already knew about it, yet he would scoop it like it was breaking news. FOX & NBC were beating him CONSISTANTLY to the punch with all sporting news. Since CBS owns 106.7, there was really no reason to keep him on doing anything. His contract was expiring & they simply were not renewing it for either tv or radio. Now, whether Snyder had anything to do with that or not remains to be seen, but whoever was responsible, I'd like to shake his hand. Yes, Frank's "Touchdown Washington Redskins" is classic. But let's face it. Keeping Herzog on simply for his tagline is like keeping a dead dog in the living room simply because you like his diamond studded collar. It was time for him to move on & screw up someone else's sporting news.

I will say this. Larry Michaels is ok when dealing with everything surrounding the everyday events, like OTA's & TC. However, I would much appreciate it if they could find someone else to do the games. Someone with enthusiasm & maybe even a little spunk. We should do a contest on extremeskins for all who want to participate to announce games & let the rest of the members of extremeskins vote on who should get the job. Just a thought. Eitherway, I'll take Larry Michaels over Frank any day. The ONLY thing I miss is the "Touchdown Washington Redskins." but like a bruise, I'll get over it.

:2cents:

Archived