Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Favorite Redskins Quote

XxSpearheadxX

Hey everyone, I have a # of threads I wanted to write, but I've been so busy responding to the good ones already out here, and... ah... uh... oh yeah doing work.:D

Anyway, I was thinking, the Redskins, and Gibbs team's in particular have always had characters, wild boys who always seemed to fall in line and work hard for Gibbs, even after they were uncontrollable on other teams. Flamboyant characters with a hardnosed blue collar work ethic. Guys like CP and Marcus Washington fall into this category on today's team. So does Sean Taylor.

Anyway, I was thinking, this wonderful mix of talent and personality that has always made me proud to be a Redskins fan (well... except for a near decade a few years ago... but I'm having that memory surgically removed).

What is your favorite quote from a redskin player? It can be old or new, I know mostly new because I don't remember quotes and stuff from when I was a kid. On the current team I think my favorite, though there are many, would be:

Marcus Washington: "I'm not really a classroom kind of guy, studying plays. I need to get out on the field and work it all out before I really get it. Out there the O's are a lot faster and the X's hit a lot harder!"

Then he gives that patented Marcus grin with the Bling Bling Braces.

(other teams fans, I guess I'll tolerate quotes from your teams, but I will not be responsible for the actions of other fans :silly: )

Found the quote on the net....

During a Washington Press Club Salute to Congress dinner, he remarked to Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Conner, "Come on, Sandy, baby, loosen up. You're too tight." He sent her a bouquet of roses by way of apology the next day.

Found the quote on the net....

During a Washington Press Club Salute to Congress dinner, he remarked to Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Conner, "Come on, Sandy, baby, loosen up. You're too tight." He sent her a bouquet of roses by way of apology the next day.

yeah, that one gets my vote, classic

Joe Theisman - "a genius is a guy like Normal Einstein".

i also liked the back and forth between Russ Grimm and Matt Millen before the Superbowl where Grimm said he'd run over his own mother to win the game and Millen said "I agree, I'd run over Russ Grimm's mother to win the superbowl".

I guess technically not a redskins quote, although he did become a skin a couple of years later.

"I gave him an unlimited budget and he exceeded it." Jack Kent Cooke speaking of George Allen

:notworthy

Alltime great quote. I hear it used periodically but very few people remember where it came from.

Not a Redskins quote but still a good one:

"It ain't over until the fat lady sings." -- Dick Motta

If I remember the story correctly he stole it from a San Antonio reporter but it became the rallying cry for the Bullets World Championship Team in 1978.

I have a couple that I've always liked...

"Big time players make big time plays!"~Santana Moss at The U, and asked about it after defeating Dallas, 14-13.

Against the Eagles...

"It's 'gut' and 'power.' Do you want to win?" yelled Portis

"Yeah, I want to win the game" replied Coach Gibbs

"Then it's 'gut' and 'power' "responded Portis

"Okay, I got it" said Coach Gibbs

“Well, ... I might as well keep a sense of humor because if I leave it up to you all, you're going to run me into the ground, drive me crazy. The last two weeks we haven't won, so now it's becoming a problem. When you're winning, it really don't matter, but when you're not winning, it becomes a problem. We've lost our last two games, and I've got to find a way to get in the end zone.”~Clinton Portis

Joe Theisman - "a genius is a guy like Normal Einstein".

i also liked the back and forth between Russ Grimm and Matt Millen before the Superbowl where Grimm said he'd run over his own mother to win the game and Millen said "I agree, I'd run over Russ Grimm's mother to win the superbowl".

I guess technically not a redskins quote, although he did become a skin a couple of years later.

:laugh: :laugh: That one is hilarious!

Okay maybe I'm enjoying this one more than everyone else, but here is another favorite of mine:

When asked how far he thinks he could throw a football, during an interview after a game in which he completed a HB option pass to TE Chris Cooley for a touchdown:

"I don't know, I could probably throw it to Mars or something." - Clinton Portis:point2sky

Archived