Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Redskins Ready to Use New Pieces

CPstretch

^^Someone needs to tell Patten that he isnt as good as he thinks he is... :)

He probably isn't a #2 wideout on a qualtiy offense. But as a #4 or so here I'd take him over any other 4 in the league. Not many other teams can say they have a veteran of his accomplishments sitting in the fourth spot on their depth chart.

Patten is an incredible advantage for us at the No. 4 receiver spot, should he be able to hold onto that role. We've got the ability to overcome at least one injury at this position now, when we didn't last year. That's improvement.

'"If I'm the fourth receiver, then that tells you how good we're going to be," Patten said.'

That just shows the kind of character we have on this team. Hearing things like this from a pro player makes you really want to root for him and hope he is successful. I can't wait to see how this plays out... HTTR!

McIntosh, who was drafted 35th overall by the Redskins in April after the team traded with the New York Jets to acquire the pick, is on the shelf. Though projected in the top tier of linebackers in the draft, McIntosh was not expected to go in the first round. Nevertheless, the Redskins view McIntosh as the replacement on the weak side of the defense for Arrington, who signed with the New York Giants.

Confusing and strangely worded.

He didn't go in the first round. What is the point of that second sentence.

The word "nevertheless" makes no sense. It doesn't apply to anything he says in the paragraph.

McIntosh is viewed as an eventual replacement at the weak side. If he starts in that position any of the first few games, that would be phenomenal and way beyond expectations.

How about

"Projected in the top tier of linebackers in the draft, McIntosh is viewed as the eventual replacement at the weak side linebacker spot."

"If I'm the fourth receiver, then that tells you how good we're going to be," Patten said.

He knows he's not even close to being our top 3. Portis and Cooley will get more receiving yards than Patten too. I'd guess Patten would be lucky to get 300 yards receiving this year.

how many rings does he have again?

He's got some talent. I believe he can contribute if he's healthy. Hes no moss, but then again, who in the league is? :D

HAIL!

I'm glad Patten has that kind of attitude now. He is decent, but way too stiff in the hips for a short reciever, he couldn't even make an NFL squad until he was 28 years old - so lets not act like he is some dynamo for hanging on the Patriots squad. I'd be very happy if he accepts his role.:helmet: :logo: :point2sky

Its nice to see a veteran like Patten hang in and "Be A TEAM" player... I like to see a guy like that confident and praise his team.

Its too bad some peeps (fans) have nothing else to do but "Break Wind" from the mouth.

Yeah but lets not praise him until the bullets start flying... he got pretty jealous of Moss's success last year and said some pretty "un-TEAM-like" things. Not to mention his innability to gain his QB's confidance because of dropped balls. If the coaches think he is worth turning down a late round pick in a trade, I'll be all for him hanging in as a Redskin.

Confusing and strangely worded.

He didn't go in the first round. What is the point of that second sentence.

The word "nevertheless" makes no sense. It doesn't apply to anything he says in the paragraph.

McIntosh is viewed as an eventual replacement at the weak side. If he starts in that position any of the first few games, that would be phenomenal and way beyond expectations.

How about

"Projected in the top tier of linebackers in the draft, McIntosh is viewed as the eventual replacement at the weak side linebacker spot."

I'm pretty sure it will be dissapointing to Gibbs and Co. if McIntosh loses out the starting battle to a younger player like Clemons or a stiff like Holdman or Khary Campbell. One of the reasons they drafted him is he is projected to compete and compete strongly for the starting spot on opening day.

I just don't buy this GW doesn't start rookies things, Carlos definately would have started over Walt The Harris in the opening game if he hadn't had that hairline fracture in his foot all training camp, he was still out of shape in the Pre-season games. Sean Taylor was too young.

I think the point of the 1st round thing was that Rocky is and was considered an elite LB playmaker who is ultra Football Intelligent as far as digesting play sets and having elite athleticism - he wasn't project as a 1st rounder because of injury concerns and more importantly a dissapointing season after returning from an injury riddled one.

I would bet 100$s on Rocky starting by the first game, unless god forbid, there is a complication with what is considered a minor knee procedure. edit: KNOCK ON WOOD EVERYONE! I'm sorry I even said that. No complication. Say a hail mary all you catholics. God I just want the season to start. :(

Archived