Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What does the Bible say about pre-maritial sex?

Fergasun

This is Christianity 101

The whole context is about the sexual realm... you do the math

Matt 5:

27 “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.

Revelation 21:8

But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Didn't you know? You can manipulate the bible to say whatever you want. And all "laws" update with society, except the one about fags.

Its okay to have premarital sex, because that's the status quo, and 99.9% of Christians would be going to hell if it were still a sin.

Its not okay to be gay, because Christians don't like it.

Didn't you know? You can manipulate the bible to say whatever you want. And all "laws" update with society, except the one about fags.

Its okay to have premarital sex, because that's the status quo, and 99.9% of Christians would be going to hell if it were still a sin.

Its not okay to be gay, because Christians don't like it.

Gee I don't see anywhere where anyone has said that...

I've had one partner in my life... I stick to what I believe

Gee I don't see anywhere where anyone has said that...

I've had one partner in my life... I stick to what I believe

Dude.....do a search and read through any of a billion bible threads on here; its prevalent in all of them. Its one of the main arguments that Christianity is filled with hypcrites.

Dude.....do a search and read through any of a billion bible threads on here; its prevalent in all of them. Its one of the main arguments that Christianity is filled with hypcrites.

Come on this is a lame response.

How many times in those thread have pre-maritial sex come up? Did you bring it up? Sounds like your having a witch hung.... You are just trying to point away to show your hatred for christians.

I said it was just as wrong... what else do you want?

I don't see your hypcritical claim.

Where's all the bible thumpers putting down premarital sex?????

Well I condemn it :cool:

Does that make me a bible thumper?

Abstinance is clearly the safest stance both from a health standpoint and society's wellbeing, I also believe it helps making a stronger marriage. :2cents:

I practiced it and have taught my children also, Hardly suprising that I have a healthy marriage and kids that have avoided problems others have. :cheers:

Come on this is a lame response.

How many times in those thread have pre-maritial sex come up? Did you bring it up? Sounds like your having a witch hung.... You are just trying to point away to show your hatred for christians.

EVERY TIME.

I said it was just as wrong... what else do you want?

I don't see your hypcritical claim.

And I said YOU were not a hypocrit. But there are tons of "Christians" who participate in pre-marital sex, and in the same breath condemn homosexuality.

EVERY TIME.

And I said YOU were not a hypocrit. But there are tons of "Christians" who participate in pre-marital sex.

A.

Ok you say that you bring up pre-marital sex every time... can you point me to those threads where

1. you brought it up

2. a christian dismissed it as not a sin

B.

Then I would question their Christianity.... just like you should.

Just because some people use the name "christian" doesn't mean they are one. The bible says you will know them by what they practice.

A.

Ok you say that you bring up pre-marital sex every time... can you point me to those threads where

1. you brought it up

2. a christian dismissed it as not a sin

B.

Then I would question their Christianity.... just like you should.

Just because some people use the name "christian" doesn't mean they are one. The bible says you will know them by what they practice.

No, I don't think I've ever brought it up, I was saying its brought up in EVERY thread on this topic. And I already have seen it religious threads, so I'm not going to search for it. You're the skeptic, you search for it if you really don't believe me. :whoknows:

This is Christianity 101

The whole context is about the sexual realm... you do the math

Matt 5:

27 “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.

Revelation 21:8

But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Wow...St. Peter is a lonely man these days...cuz ain't nobody coming to the gates. Well....except for you.

Here's my take on faith/religion (not that anyone really cares): Believe what you want to believe. If you want to believe that which is preached to you...God bless you for it. If not...God bless you for it.

I personally believe that what becomes of us in the afterlife is different for each of us. What happens to us when we die is based on what you believe. If you believe in reincarnation....well then, you'll be reincarnated when you die. If you believe in the tradional heaven and hell...you will go to one of them.

My personal beliefs on the afterlife are between me and my maker. No one's opinion about my beliefs is going to make me change my beliefs. So much debating about religion isn't going to do ANYTHING. You can't change people's belief structure. Maybe bend it a little...but not change it completely. If you don't see eye to eye about religion from day one...you never will. So much oxygen is wasted with these conversations.

The last I checked "God loves all his children." I didn't see clauses and appendeges that went with that statement. Read enough of the Bible and you will see it contradiciting itself over and over again. It is the "word of Christ" written 300 years after he died for our sins. On top of that...there is a lot lost in translation.

So stop debating it...and just live your life. I think God would appriciate that much more than you'll ever know.

**roqnap1 will now step off the soapbox**

The point of this whole thread is that "Christian" groups target gays... but they are completely hyocritical when it comes to pre-maritial sex or even divorce.

How come there's not a "make divorce a crime" amendment?

Did you know that the divorce rate for Evangelical Christians is as high as the divorce rate in general?

Christians come out harder against gays than people who have sex outside of marriage, and come out even less hard against people who get married and divorce....

I personally believe that what becomes of us in the afterlife is different for each of us. What happens to us when we die is based on what you believe. If you believe in reincarnation....well then, you'll be reincarnated when you die. If you believe in the tradional heaven and hell...you will go to one of them.

So if people believe they are doing God's will by flying planes into the Pentagon and World Trade Center... they are going to heaven, right?

Archived