Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hell yes, I made MSgt! (E7)

ZoEd

Holy crap I can't believe I made E7. My first time testing for this rank and whatta ya know. Since I made it my first time I won't sew it on until probably July next year but God bless it I made. :applause: :cheers: :applause: :cheers: :applause: :applause: :cheers: :applause: :cheers:

I still can't freaking believe it, the promotion numbers were down 6% from last year and everything. I had all but given up making it this year and was getting ready mentally to start studying for next years cycle. I even came in under the Air Force average of 16.95 years, I'm only at 16.6. :D So beers a plenty tonight!

Holy crap I can't believe I made E7. My first time testing for this rank and whatta ya know. Since I made it my first time I won't sew it on until probably July next year but God bless it I made. :applause: :cheers: :applause: :cheers: :applause: :applause: :cheers: :applause: :cheers:

I still can't freaking believe it, the promotion numbers were down 6% from last year and everything. I had all but given up making it this year and was getting ready mentally to start studying for next years cycle. I even came in under the Air Force average of 16.95 years, I'm only at 16.6. :D So beers a plenty tonight!

Congrats!!!!!

:cheers: :applause: :applause: :applause:

I don't really know what that means but I'm so happy for you that I'll drink a beer for you. I would have done it anyway but it's nice to havea reason ya know?

congrats! :)

He is in the Air Force and he got promoted. In the Air Force

you have 3 types of ranks....AB - SrA which is "entry level worker";

SSgt - TSgt which is the "supervisory level"; and MSgt - CMSgt

which is the Manager level. MSgt is a huge promotion which brings

a great deal of prestige and additional pay;)

BTW Congrats!

MSgt Williams, Air Staff, Pentagon

Air Force pay grade is E1 Airman Basic through E9 Chief Master Sgt. I'm currently an E6 Technical Sgt and E8 is the next step in rank at Master Sgt. It's almost $400 a month increase in base pay and $100 a month increase in housing. This will be the kids college fund. MSgt's are mainly Superintindents and Managers in the military and I'll be the HMFIC now for the most part. Rank progression in the Air Force is a lot more difficult than the other branches of the military due to the fact that it's a two hundred question test, 100 questions on your job and 100 questions on overall Air Force knowledge. There are other factors that determine your overall score but I think you get the jist.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes, this is a huge step in my career and I just wanted to share it with my fellow ES family. Thanks again.

Oh, skinsfan13 I love the Marines.

I'm glad you came out of the closet. Being a master sergeant is not an easy life, and not one that I would want. But you have to do what makes you happy. Good luck!

Hey keep your jokes out of his promotion thread. :mad:

Air Force pay grade is E1 Airman Basic through E9 Chief Master Sgt. I'm currently an E6 Technical Sgt and E8 is the next step in rank at Master Sgt. It's almost $400 a month increase in base pay and $100 a month increase in housing. This will be the kids college fund. MSgt's are mainly Superintindents and Managers in the military and I'll be the HMFIC now for the most part. Rank progression in the Air Force is a lot more difficult than the other branches of the military due to the fact that it's a two hundred question test, 100 questions on your job and 100 questions on overall Air Force knowledge. There are other factors that determine your overall score but I think you get the jist.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes, this is a huge step in my career and I just wanted to share it with my fellow ES family. Thanks again.

Oh, skinsfan13 I love the Marines.

Now the fun really starts...meeting the SMSgt Board!

Make sure that you get signed up for the SNCOA Correspondence

Course ASAP. You want to finish that up before you sew on

MSgt. That will be a big plus on your board score...BELIEVE ME.

Try to get honor grad if you can. CCAF... hopefully you have it

by now, but if not that is also a must have. You will need to have

an MSM/DMSM when you meet the board if you do not have one

yet also. I just went through all of this myself. SMSgt (s)

15 years time in service.

Now the fun really starts...meeting the SMSgt Board!

Make sure that you get signed up for the SNCOA Correspondence

Course ASAP. You want to finish that up before you sew on

MSgt. That will be a big plus on your board score...BELIEVE ME.

Try to get honor grad if you can. CCAF... hopefully you have it

by now, but if not that is also a must have. You will need to have

an MSM/DMSM when you meet the board if you do not have one

yet also. I just went through all of this myself. SMSgt (s)

15 years time in service.

congrats to you also

Archived