Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Super Bowl XXII - 2nd Quarter - Original Broadcast(Clipped)

NoCalMike

Enjoy....

First up Superbowl XXII - The 2nd Quarter (Clipped)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzTIAajf1Ms

That was awesome! Gave me goosebumps all over again! I was at my Grandparent's house laying on the couch, and when it was all over, there were men in the street shooting off shotguns (we are out in the country where that is a common celebration thing). Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I think I was 16 or 17. Don't feel like doing the math, so I will guess my age then.

Thats awesome!!! But I was wondering, does anyone have the clips of the original broadcast of the skins bills superbowl?? I've never seen the original broadcast since then.

Thanks...

I have all three SB wins on VHS. The quality is poor compared to today's standards.

One non-scoring play from the SB XXII video worth checking out: The play that starts at 5:25 into the video. A catch by Sanders where he ducks under the guy that tries to arm tackle him (my personal favorite move from when I played) then taking the ball upfield. At the end of the play, if you watch the Broncos 22, Tony Lilly I think, Monk just *crushes* him, I seriously felt bad for the guy.

timmy smith was such a beast for that one game

I think it was more the HOGS were their typical "beast-like" selves in that game and destroyed a tiny and overmatched Denver front 7.

Not a slight on Timmy, he took advantage of the holes presented, but watch that game and you'll see gaping holes that any pro RB could have run through.

It was stunning (and fun :) ) to watch one NFL team so thoroughly pound another NFL team. You usually see that sort thing during those tune up games big time college teams schedule a couple of times a season but never in an NFL game, let alone in the championship game.

The final score was 42-10 but if Gibbs had wanted to, that easily could have been a 63 or 70 to 10 game.

I was at a Super Bowl party on Hilton Head with a room full of Bronco fans wearing my Super Bowl XIV sweatshirt being pretty damned miserable the first 15 minutes. Let's just say by the end of the half, the Bronco fans were sick of my slightly off-key version of HTTR.:silly:

Archived