Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Garcia Right About Calling Eagle Receivers Clones?

tr1

He meant it in a positive way, of course. :doh:

http://www.zwire.com/site/printerFriendly.cfm?brd=1675&dept_id=18170&newsid=16720886

You always have to admire backup QBs who call teammates out in the press...maybe TO was on to something.

Even McNabb has had to come to Garcia's rescue...you know, saying that 'he actually meant'....

The more they try to spin backup quarterback Jeff Garcia's earlier candid statement about the group resembling a collection of clones into something it wasn't, the more this reality seems to shine through.

"When the comment was made," starter Donovan McNabb said one week later, "I think it was while Jeff was here with a lot of the rookies, and at that particular time most of the rookies were just learning the offense. So they are not able to let their athletic ability show because they don't have the confidence yet being in the offense.

http://www.nj.com/sports/sunbeam/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/1149841316184100.xml&coll=9

Ah, Philly love...

Not sure why it would matter if the quote is a week old or not.

I see that he agrees with a lot of posters on here that say the Eagles don't have anything special at WR and are in need of a real running game.

Garcia thinks the Eagles can win without a premier go-to guy. He says the balanced attack works -- providing the run becomes a real part of the offense.

"It’s not just balance among receivers, tight ends and running backs," Garcia said. "It’s balance between throwing the football and running the football. I do believe that they go hand in hand. In order for this offense to be able to work effectively, you need to be able to run the football, and you need to be able to utilize play action and movement off of that running game.

It matters because tr1 is slacking. He's got to keep up, man. If someone is going to bash the team at least be up to date!!

And listen. I actually agree with tr1 on this. Garcia probably didn't mean that in a positive way. The Eagles official site will tell you he meant it like this:

"Garcia means it in a way that he wants to see someone step up. He was trying to motivate the guys."

Personally, I don't believe that for a second. Garcia is a veteran and has worked with a lot of good receivers. TO and Rice mainly. If he thinks these guys suck. Then we might be in a world of trouble.

It matters because tr1 is slacking. He's got to keep up, man. If someone is going to bash the team at least be up to date!!

And listen. I actually agree with tr1 on this. Garcia probably didn't mean that in a positive way. The Eagles official site will tell you he meant it like this:

"Garcia means it in a way that he wants to see someone step up. He was trying to motivate the guys."

Personally, I don't believe that for a second. Garcia is a veteran and has worked with a lot of good receivers. TO and Rice mainly. If he thinks these guys suck. Then we might be in a world of trouble.

Well, lots of people around here have been saying that you need some quality recievers. I mean Bunkley is nice and all, (For the record, I think the odds are against Bunkley making much of an impact as a rookie.) but he aint catching balls. Your offense is gonna limit you this coming season.

1. because you lack a running game and the guys to actually carry out Reid's promise to make it a bigger part of the offense

2. because your recievers are marginal, and the same criticism that was applied to the Eagles before TO is now once again true: Philly's recievers will be their downfall

Garcia worked with some good WR's in his his last gig also. Neither he nor they did spit.

There was an eleventy billion page thread about this on Eagles.com.......about 2 weeks ago.

News to you, old to me.

Anyway, I wonder what Garcia would have said when Thrash and Pinkston was our starting duo of WRs and we were winning 4 straight NFC East titles.?

There was an eleventy billion page thread about this on Eagles.com.......about 2 weeks ago.

News to you, old to me.

Anyway, I wonder what Garcia would have said when Thrash and Pinkston was our starting duo of WRs and we were winning 4 straight NFC East titles.?

He woulda been like "lucky for us the rest of the NFC East sucks, cuz we'd be in deep doo doo otherwise." :)

News to you, old to me.

Unfortunately, we have to wait until the season to determine if your current WR corps will produce or not. However, if Thrash (who I like as a ST player and #4 WR) and Pinkston were starting this year I would be worried if I were the Eagles. Whole new division now.

Welcome back, tater. (I learned a new word for Eagle homer!!)

In addition to saying "Man its great the rest of the NFC East has been ****ty," I think Garcia would say "Man its great that our amazing defense carried us so far!!!"

The ol "NFC East sucked!!!!" argument rears its ugly head again.

It's funny. When Skins fans are pressed as to why the Eagles JV squad pushed their second round playoff team around and almost escaped with a win, you guys say "NFC East games are always like that! Hardnozed, no matter what the names on the jerseys are!!"

But when the Eagles were routing the division, apparently that rule didn't apply. :laugh:

The ol "NFC East sucked!!!!" argument rears its ugly head again.

It's funny. When Skins fans are pressed as to why the Eagles JV squad pushed their second round playoff team around and almost escaped with a win, you guys say "NFC East games are always like that! Hardnozed, no matter what the names on the jerseys are!!"

But when the Eagles were routing the division, apparently that rule didn't apply. :laugh:

Actually, I rewatched that game last night and there was no "almost sneaking out with a victory." The Eagles led by 10 at one point, off a shady PI call on Springs. But before the end of the first half, as soon as they pitched that 3-n-out you could see the momentum shift. They took the opening 2nd-half kickoff down the field, moving the ball at will. It was clear they were not going to lose.

Oh yeah, and in case you missed it, the Skins played the second half with Walt Harris and Christian Morton at corner...kinda makes up for McMahon at QB. So please cut out the tired ass JV argument....its PLAYED OUT.

You just said Harris sucked and he's not on the team anymore so it doesn't matter so you compare that to an Eagles team playing without McNabb, Westbrook, 3/5 of the starting offensive line, etc?

Yeah, Harris is no longer on the team. How does that have any relevance to the discussion? In fact, it only bolsters my point; he was cut because of that game and other poor performances.

Yeah, Harris is no longer on the team. How does that have any relevance to the discussion? In fact, it only bolsters my point; he was cut because of that game and other poor performances.

I'm certainly not going to miss Harris.

You just said Harris sucked and he's not on the team anymore so it doesn't matter so you compare that to an Eagles team playing without McNabb, Westbrook, 3/5 of the starting offensive line, etc?

They were losing before McNabb and Westbrook went down...

This is hilarious. This quote is at least a week old. tr1 is now resorting to digging through old quotes and articles to try and bash the Eagles.

Good stuff buddy!

Golly, I searched ES before I posted and didn't see a thing about the 'clone' statement.

Now, you wouldn't want ESers to miss out, would you?

Golly, I searched ES before I posted and didn't see a thing about the 'clone' statement.

Now, you wouldn't want ESers to miss out, would you?

No, I wouldn't tr. It's your job to do that. You're the one that needs to keep up ES on the Eagles and state they are in. And you really slacked on this one. I'm letting it slide though because usually you're up to date.

No, I wouldn't tr. It's your job to do that. You're the one that needs to keep up ES on the Eagles and state they are in. And you really slacked on this one. I'm letting it slide though because usually you're up to date.

Frankley, WD, Eagles fans have been posting most of the bad news about the Eagles way before I post anything...

I just came across this reading a story about TO.

tr1, you really need to stay up on the latest Eagles news. Shoot, just this past Tuesday, McNabb had an interview where he said "I'm not a Momma's boy" in relation to some of the criticism he has recieved.

I expected it to be all over ES the next day and was a little sad when it wasn't. :(

tr1, you really need to stay up on the latest Eagles news. Shoot, just this past Tuesday, McNabb had an interview where he said "I'm not a Momma's boy" in relation to some of the criticism he has recieved.

I expected it to be all over ES the next day and was a little sad when it wasn't. :(

Well Jeremy Bloom apparently has tons of muscle strains and got an MRI which came back negative.

I didn't think it was a big enough deal to post, but the kick return savior is obviously not ready for football yet according to ST coach John Harbaugh. :laugh:

Archived