Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Little Love from KC Joyner (ESPN)

Bucaro

Matthew (Modesto,CA): Who is this years sleeper team?

KC Joyner: (4:09 PM ET ) I really like what the Redskins have been doing. I think they overpaid for Brandon Lloyd, but having Lloyd and Randle El will give the depth at WR they sorely lacked last year. I also like the pickups of Andre Carter and Adam Archuleta. It will be a tough division to win but Gibbs knows how to pace his team for the playoff run.

Well for the most part the media isn't placing us in their predictions... so for the majority of the fans around the country, the Redskins won't be on their mind. They'll be looking at lists of picks by different analysts, few of whom will choose the Redskins and thus, make the Skins a sleeper team. In our eyes the Skins aren't a sleeper team, because the team is on our minds. We should catch a lot of people by surprise, unfortunately, it'll be limited to fans... I'm sure the teams we play are extremely worried about facing the Skins in 06.

A little more from KC's bag of statistics:

Ron (DC): How does your system rank Santana Moss who exploded offensively last season.

KC Joyner: (4:53 PM ET ) Santana Moss was the #1 receiver in TYPCA last year. He averaged 28 yards per deep pass attempt, which is a ridiculously high number. He wasn't just good last year. He was dominant.

Ron (DC): How does your system rank Santana Moss who exploded offensively last season.

KC Joyner: (4:53 PM ET ) Santana Moss was the #1 receiver in TYPCA last year. He averaged 28 yards per deep pass attempt, which is a ridiculously high number. He wasn't just good last year. He was dominant.

:gaintsuck :eaglesuck :dallasuck :point2sky

:applause:

Atleast he recognizes it.

even more from KC Joyner:

Terrence ( Chicago): Are you trying to say Santana Moss was better than Steve SMith?????

KC Joyner: (4:59 PM ET ) When you take the entire season into account, Moss did have a better season than Smith. Smith started out like gangbusters and then tailed off. Moss had an excellent start that was somewhat obscured by Smith's start, but Moss kept it going. While Smith was getting kicked out of the Dallas game, Moss was lighting up the Giants. Smith still ranked 2nd in TYPCA, so I'm not saying he had a bad season. I'm just saying Moss had a better overall one.

How are we a sleeper fresh out of the playoffs?

I like the comments though.

I think he weas saying a sleeper for the SB. Which the skins would be because not many people seem to be giving them too much credit (for last yr and the new additions this year) except for a select few.

:cheers:

even more from KC Joyner:

Terrence ( Chicago): Are you trying to say Santana Moss was better than Steve SMith?????

KC Joyner: (4:59 PM ET ) When you take the entire season into account, Moss did have a better season than Smith. Smith started out like gangbusters and then tailed off. Moss had an excellent start that was somewhat obscured by Smith's start, but Moss kept it going. While Smith was getting kicked out of the Dallas game, Moss was lighting up the Giants. Smith still ranked 2nd in TYPCA, so I'm not saying he had a bad season. I'm just saying Moss had a better overall one.

See this is what I like about him. He doesn't bring into question that Santana is better than Steve period, he just said he was last year. Plain and simple. He shows that its about the impact he had not necessarily just the stats. His stats show the hidden side, impact, not just catches, yards, tds.

Santana, stay healthy and you can't be stopped.

We are a sleeper team pretty much due to the perspective of our QB situation. Many people don't think Brunnell will last the season, and many are uncertain on Campbell, and Collins/ Plus the stigma of signing big name free agents that don't amount to much (mostly pre-Gibbs). In the East, the Giants and Cowboys are much more sexy of a pick. But we all know who will come to the table with their cards ready :point2sky

How are we a sleeper fresh out of the playoffs?

Teams fall in and out of the playoffs all the time. We get bashed for literally everything we do, ie. overspending, trading away draft picks, in the offseason by most writers. Practically nobody outside of us believes we are ok at quarterback. I definitely think we qualify as a sleeper team.

I wouldn't really consider us a sleeper team.

my feelings as well

outside of Seattle, no team in the NFC finished the season, and playoffs as well as Washington. Carolina had an embarassing loss to the Cowboys late in the season, and was routed by the Seahawks in the playoffs after two strong playoff wins. The Skins won 5 straight 3 in a row over NFC East teams (scoring over 30 on each), and despite injuries to the offense, won on the road, and played the Hawks the toughest of any team in the playoffs.

The Skijs didn't lose any major starters, and added top talent in the areas they where lacking.

Just hard to call them a "sleeper"

A Sleeper team to me means a team that comes out of nowhere, no signs from the previous year to be a playoff team. The Skins would have been a sleeper team last season, but hardly this one.

Teams fall in and out of the playoffs all the time. We get bashed for literally everything we do, ie. overspending, trading away draft picks, in the offseason by most writers. Practically nobody outside of us believes we are ok at quarterback. I definitely think we qualify as a sleeper team.
Everything that you said about us getting bashed for everything that we do and that no one outside of us (the fans) believes that we are ok at QB is absolutely right on. But I still don't see how that qualifies us as a sleeper team.
my feelings as well

outside of Seattle, no team in the NFC finished the season, and playoffs as well as Washington. Carolina had an embarassing loss to the Cowboys late in the season, and was routed by the Seahawks in the playoffs after two strong playoff wins. The Skins won 5 straight 3 in a row over NFC East teams (scoring over 30 on each), and despite injuries to the offense, won on the road, and played the Hawks the toughest of any team in the playoffs.

The Skijs didn't lose any major starters, and added top talent in the areas they where lacking.

Just hard to call them a "sleeper"

A Sleeper team to me means a team that comes out of nowhere, no signs from the previous year to be a playoff team. The Skins would have been a sleeper team last season, but hardly this one.

Well said. The Seahawks and the Redskins were the most consistantly winning teams in the NFC going into the playoffs. From everything that I have read and heard, the Seahawks are considered to be one of the top contenders to get right back into the hunt for the SB; why should the Redskins be considered any less of a contender?

BTW, bubbas' meaning of a sleeper team is exactly how I would define one.

Archived