Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is the face of the defense? (Poll)

#1SkinsFan

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

In addition to the other "face of the defense" thread, I am creating a poll to see who really is the face of the defense.

Mods. Feel free to merge this w/ the other thread.

Leave your thoughts about who and why......................

Ready, set, vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:point2sky

Taylor might be the best player. But Marcus Washington has taken over this team. He's probably the second best defender on the team, but he's also the emotional and vocal leader on the field.

couldn't have said it better myself. well done

Washington is the best player and the leader ... but leaguewide our best know guy is ST ... hate him or love him, he has serious charisma on the field. He is the face of our D, imo.

I completely disagree. I think ST is the better player but gets very little national recognition. Everyone knew Marcus Washington was a good linebacker before he got here. It was just finally playing for a good defense that got him true (pro bowl) recognition from the media. And what is up with all these nicknames?

It's Sean Taylor... being face of something means someone recognized (recognized by people that are not fans) Ask a non Skins fan who the "Face of the Skins D" is. I I talk to my friends that are football fans but not Skins fans and they don't even know who or LBs are, or who Washington is. Hard to be face of a D if no one knows you.

simply put

Sean Taylor is Face of the D, Washington is the Heart of the D

I completely disagree. I think ST is the better player but gets very little national recognition. Everyone knew Marcus Washington was a good linebacker before he got here. It was just finally playing for a good defense that got him true (pro bowl) recognition from the media. And what is up with all these nicknames?

If we are going off ability, then Sean Taylor. Sean Taylor is the best player that we have on defense.

marcus is the leader of the defense, no doubt about it.

but ST is the face of it.

more fans, redskins or not, think about ST when they think about our defense than MW. marcus definitely deserves to be the face of our defense, but by my definition of "the face", i'd have to say it's ST.

ST is one of the best physical freaks in the league, but washington is the guy that just keeps going and going. hes the guy that u always see jumping up and down and giving high fives to team mates. also its much harder for the face of a defense to be a safety rather than a LB. you could go around the league and have this same argument for every team and most of the time the face of the D would be a line backer. Washington is by far and away the face of the D.

i agree.....nobody calls springs "SPRINGBROOK"...

I chose M. Washington. The guy has so much energy on the field and even on the sidelines. You see him jumping up and down, and having a great time. That's a football player right there. He loves the game. How could you not endear yourself to a guy like that. He doesn't get into off field troubles, and plays his heart out. I <3 this guy.

How can ST be the face of the D? He rarely, I mean rarely, gives any type of press appearance's or public appearance's for that matter. Let it go guys.

Also, just because a player is good or even great doesn't make him the face of the D? The person that is the face of the D is the one that after every game, rather a win or loss, comes out of the locker room to give an interview and talks about that went right and what went wrong. To me that person is Shawn Springs. Not MW or ST. In fact, I would put CG before both of them in that aspect.

Perhaps my understanding of what the "face" of the D actually signifies is a bit off. :doh:

I feel that Marcus Washington is the voice of the defense hands down, however in terms of the face, embodiment of what our defense is all about, I picked Lemar Marshall, he represents hard work and determination, he represents intelligence and versatility, he is the guy who isnt the best player but works harder than everyone to be good in spite of himself. Thats how I see our defense, hard workers, determined players, smart players, versatile players, not always the best players but players whose hard work goes a long long way.

Sure Marcus Washington could be these things as well, but I think that to be a starter, nobody on this defense has had to work harder to prove himself than Lemar Marshall. The guy is a true Redskin.

Archived