Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I Have the Worst Luck

cjcdaman

Well, I am moving to NC ealry on Tuesday morning. Last night at 3:30am, I was awakened by a huge BANG. I knew exactly what it was. I get some shorts and a shirt on and go outside. Sure enough, my fiance's car is basically totalled. Some drunk ran into it. We live on a busy street and I always knew this would happen. The "other" car is nowhere in sight. I am cussing up a storm and some guy up the street yells,"They went into the alley!" So, I get my neighbor and we walk down into the alley. One of the guys is taking a piss and they are both drinking beer with one is holding a six pack of bottles. We know the cops are on their way, so we keep an eye on where they are walking to. The cops show up and we point them in that direction. They picked them up and these guys were hammered! One blew a .118 or maybe higher. The passenger pegged the driver so they basically admitted to everything. I haven't been informed if they had insurance or not. So, hopefully this can be resolved ASAP. Just one more hassle to deal with during my move.

After the collision, the guy's license plate fell off about 15 feet in front of my girl's car. He left a trail of car parts down the road. He lost his front passenger-side tire and rode on the rim for about 100 yards and parked. :doh: His car is totalled to say the least. So, I had an interesting night and now one more stressful thing to worry about.

hey man, welcome to the club:laugh: i've had 4 hit and runs at my house (i live in a corner house) good thing is, we always get em.......4 years ago, i had you beat for sure when i awoke at 2 am to the sound of a car driving into my living room.....thank god i'm moving :D

i had you beat for sure when i awoke at 2 am to the sound of a car driving into my living room.....thank god i'm moving :D

That's another thing that I thought would happen eventually. There is a telephone pole directly in the path so hopefully that would slow them down before they wreck into the house. :D

That's another thing that I thought would happen eventually. There is a telephone pole directly in the path so hopefully that would slow them down before they wreck into the house. :D

nothing's a guarantee........just hope they nail the ****s balls to the wall in court

Don't even sweat it man. As long as you have insurance, you should be straight. Awhile back, I got hit by some moron who totaled my car. He even ran from the scene. He didn't have insurance either, but I have uninsured motorist protection so they took care of everything. I think that is a pretty standard thing. You'll be fine.

Thanks for the advice guys. I've never really had this happen to me so I could use all the advice I can get. I have full coverage so I'm guessing that it includes the rental car policy. The thing is, we scheduled this insurance policy to be cancelled on the 23rd of June because they are not certified in NC. But I'm guessing that because we were insured under them when this accident took place, we should be covered regardless of whether we cancel that policy on the 23rd or not.

Thanks for the advice guys. I've never really had this happen to me so I could use all the advice I can get. I have full coverage so I'm guessing that it includes the rental car policy. The thing is, we scheduled this insurance policy to be cancelled on the 23rd of June because they are not certified in NC. But I'm guessing that because we were insured under them when this accident took place, we should be covered regardless of whether we cancel that policy on the 23rd or not.

yes, you need to report it to your insurance company today, ask them where to have the car towed (they will own it if it's totaled) and where to pick up your rental car.

. I have full coverage so I'm guessing that it includes the rental car policy. .

As an owner of an insurance agency I can tell you that I hear that line almost daily. Just because one carries comprehensive and collision coverage which most people refer to as "full coverage" it does not mean that one has rental car coverage included. Rental car is an add on coverage to the policy..one which I hope that you have. I can't tell you how many price conscious clients decline rental car coverage at the time of purchase saying " I don't need that, I never get in accident" etc. They are the first ones to call and ***** when they don't have the coverage and ask "what the hell they are paying for" and "I thought I had FULL coverage" . That is when I promptly pull out their signed application and show them where they declined such coverage. Some agencies make it a policy to always include it, some agencies don't even bother offering it. In your case I truly hope you have it. And everyone should check their policy to see if they have the coverage and how much per day does it pay...and for what duration. It can save you a lot of out of pocket expenses down the road when you have a claim. Now I will climb down off of my soapbox.

Archived