Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your Favorite Types Of Music

Santana_Fan

I listen to a little bit of almost everything.... Country, rock, pop, classical, new age, jazz, etc... About the only things I make sure to avoid are Rap and most of the Hip-Hop stuff. I am not a big fan of the cultures that surround large amounts of those music scenes and the influence that has had on the music itself.

I like most kinds of Rock, but especially Neo-Progressive Rock in the vein of Pink Floyd and Marillion.

Love Jazz ... fave being Smooth Jazz.

I like some Rap and Hip-Hop, but I don't like a lot of it, too.

Not a big country fan, but I don't hate it like I used to.

I used to listen to a different radio station almost every day - try it, it's great. As you start to learn the language of the different styles, you come to realize that every genre has some artists who are real talented, and some artists who suck. Also, trends make a big difference in music - most of the rock from the mid - late 70's, the era of "corporate rock", still sounds terrible to me, for instance. Ditto with early 80's country.

The only genres that I never really got used to were most opera, most disco, and that freakin' horrible stuff that they play during Broadway musicals.

I like: Progressive Rock, Post Rock, Art Rock/experimental music, electronica, Acid Rock, Indi Rock, Indie Pop, Post Punk, Trip Hop, Stoner Rock, Reggae, classical music (a lot of these overlap, but I wanted to be as inclusive as possible).

Cant stand: heavy metal, hardcore, a lot of rap (but not the whole genre), all of country, pop, nu-metal, new emo, punk, soul music.

I probably would have been a music major if I actually had a band director throughout high school (well, I did, just 3 different ones).

So, I like a lot of music.

Rock, Punk, Ska, Hardcore, and assorted varieties thereof. Some metal, techno (along the lines of Propellerheads, not House beats or anything like that), jazz (mostly fusion like stuff), the occasional new wave type stuff, pop music is rarely on my playlist but once in a while there's a decent "crossover" that I'll enjoy, hip hop, soul music (the real soul-era), drum and bugle corps, and classical, but usually by way of drum corps.

Most important to me is a solid and great drum beat thats right "in the pocket".

Archived