Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heat in 6 against the Mavs in the Finals....

Rdskn4Lyf21

First off, I want to say "GO HEAT!"...... they played an excellent game (aided by Detroit's HORRID shooting - 27 for 81). Shaq showed that when he really wants to win, he'll push himself to play a great game and to take it over. This is why the Heat will be the Mavs in 6....just like this series, but Shaq will want it more, because he is close...what do ya'll think of the Finals shaping up to be? GO HEAT!:applause:

First off, I want to say "GO HEAT!"...... they played an excellent game (aided by Detroit's HORRID shooting - 27 for 81). Shaq showed that when he really wants to win, he'll push himself to play a great game and to take it over. This is why the Heat will be the Mavs in 6....just like this series, but Shaq will want it more, because he is close...what do ya'll think of the Finals shaping up to be? GO HEAT!:applause:

Great game for Miami, and yes Detroit is so overated.

I still think Dallas wins in 6 or 7, they do not match up well with Miami, they will do the same thing they used against San Antonio go fast and small. Which will hurt Miami because they are not going to put Shaq on the bench. Miami is not fast and getting up in age besides Wade who is amazing.

The heat dont play til thursday....They will beat whoever comes out of the west

The problem with the Heat is they have no one that can stop Dirk, no one. Dallas can throw a couple of guys on Wade.

Dallas will also have the home court, which is huge.

The Mavs are having trouble getting past a Suns team that plays absolutely no defense. For those here who haven't noticed, Miami plays defense.

Heat in 6.

Yep and Dallas did bad against the defensive team of SA didn't they :doh:

Dallas can play offense or defense, i just like their speed vs Miami which will put Riles in a dilema how much do I keep Shaq in there?

Avery is the best coach and Dirk is the best player right now, should be intereting but Dallas is still better.

The phoenix series is over :)

Do some of you forget the trouble the Heat had against the Bulls??? The Pistons are overated, the Cleaveland series showed that, heck if Washington could (should) have beat the LeBrons then it would have been them to lose to the Heat. The East is weak.

No way the Mavs get beat by the Heat. No way. The heat cannot match up with the Mavs. The mavs were the team that invented "hack-a-shack", get him on the line, and watch him shoot 60%.

Wade is a force, yes, but there are several players we can throw in to help slow him down. Dallas has the complete game with a very deep bench. Miami has 2 guys.

The East is WEAK.

The unfortunate thing is that DJ MBenga got suspended for 6 games. He would have seen some time in the Heat series to bang with shaq a little bit and frustrate him.

Mavs in 5. MARK IT DOWN.

PS....the suns still scare me but we'll take them out.

In 5? Whatever you're smoking please pass it down. :laugh:

We've played them twice this year. Here are the scores.........

Mavs 103 Heat 90 Beat em by 13

Mavs 112 Heat 76 Beat em by 36

Thats an average beating of 24 points per game. Thats a BEATDOWN.

I think I'm being pretty generous when I say Mavs in 5.

The East can't compete with the teams in the west. They just can't

No way the Mavs get beat by the Heat. No way. The heat cannot match up with the Mavs. The mavs were the team that invented "hack-a-shack", get him on the line, and watch him shoot 60%.

Yeah...lotta good that did them while the Lakers won 3 titles in a row. :laugh:

Apparently, youve never seen Shaq play with fire in his eyes....those games were the REGULAR SEASON - do you think he gave a crap bout those? He only plays when something is on the line, and he'll play his *** off...... the East can't compete with the West? The Heat just beat the team that went 7 in the Finals last yr. vs the Spurs - the same Spurs that the Mavs took 7 to beat.... The Heat will win the finals against whoever is there because they are healthy and Shaq is now playing with a fire inside

Apparently, youve never seen Shaq play with fire in his eyes....those games were the REGULAR SEASON - do you think he gave a crap bout those? He only plays when something is on the line, and he'll play his *** off...... the East can't compete with the West? The Heat just beat the team that went 7 in the Finals last yr. vs the Spurs - the same Spurs that the Mavs took 7 to beat.... The Heat will win the finals against whoever is there because they are healthy and Shaq is now playing with a fire inside

So what, Shaq is 34, fat, and no where near his peak. When Dallas gets to the running game, Shaq's fire won't get his fat butt up and down the court. Miami has no perimter defense. Did you see the Bulls series? Payton is a horrid defender. Williams might be the worst defensive point guard in the east. Ho do you expect them to contain Terry and Harris? Josh Howard has the physical abilties and talent to check Wade. Behind Howard, the Mavs also have defensive players in Daniels and Griffin. Stackhouse is a better bench player than anyone Miami has.

What happens when KVH and Dirk are in the game the same time? Sure Miami will punch it out down low, but Dallas will imploy a hack a shaq and force Shaq to guard the 3 point line. Miami does not match up at all with Dallas. They have no one who can guard Dirk.

So what, Shaq is 34, fat, and no where near his peak. When Dallas gets to the running game, Shaq's fire won't get his fat butt up and down the court. Miami has no perimter defense. Did you see the Bulls series? Payton is a horrid defender. Williams might be the worst defensive point guard in the east. Ho do you expect them to contain Terry and Harris? Josh Howard has the physical abilties and talent to check Wade. Behind Howard, the Mavs also have defensive players in Daniels and Griffin. Stackhouse is a better bench player than anyone Miami has.

What happens when KVH and Dirk are in the game the same time? Sure Miami will punch it out down low, but Dallas will imploy a hack a shaq and force Shaq to guard the 3 point line. Miami does not match up at all with Dallas. They have no one who can guard Dirk.

#1. Shaq's "fat butt" sure got him down court quickly in game 5 after a block and his layup....yeah he's not at his peak anymore, but hes damn good. Would you still want to start a Favre or a Clemens? They arent at their peaks either, but they are still pretty damn good.

#2. Did I see the Bulls series? That was what a month ago? Things change....you obviously didn't point out his play in the Pistons series, because it wasn't horrid. Also he is a RESERVE he plays sparingly, he won't win the game for the Heat...

#3. The Mavs have defensive players????? Thats why the Suns run em up and down???

#4. Jason Williams....I like to call him "Whitey"..... he isn't the worst defender, he usually keeps with his man, but will defense make or break the games? Phoenix is showing it doesn't have to even exist to beat the Mavs...

#1. Shaq's "fat butt" sure got him down court quickly in game 5 after a block and his layup....yeah he's not at his peak anymore, but hes damn good. Would you still want to start a Favre or a Clemens? They arent at their peaks either, but they are still pretty damn good.

#2. Did I see the Bulls series? That was what a month ago? Things change....you obviously didn't point out his play in the Pistons series, because it wasn't horrid. Also he is a RESERVE he plays sparingly, he won't win the game for the Heat...

#3. The Mavs have defensive players????? Thats why the Suns run em up and down???

#4. Jason Williams....I like to call him "Whitey"..... he isn't the worst defender, he usually keeps with his man, but will defense make or break the games? Phoenix is showing it doesn't have to even exist to beat the Mavs...

Dallas was the 7th best defensive team in the nba this year. The defensive players they have are Diop (an excellent defensive center and shotblocker. He manned up and shut down Duncan in OT in game 7. Howard is arguably the best defensive perimeter player behind Artest in the nba. Daniels is an excellent defensive player. Adrian Griffin has always been a solid defender. Jason Terry is a good defender. Harris is a solid defender.

Phoenix is the best offensive team in the nba. And yet, Dallas has limited the #1 offensive team to games of 98, 88, and 101 in this series. Besides, Dallas just won against a superior team in San Antonio in a tough 7 game series. Dallas has shown it can win in a defensive setting (Spurs series) and a high pace series (Phoenix). Payton must play a role. Who else on Miami is going to guard Terry and Harris. Dallas has better depth, better shooters, better defense, and better players. Miami was giving up 100+ points to a team like the Bulls. Their prime players are all 30+ years old aside from Wade and Haslem.

You keep believing that. If you don't think that the Heat team playing now is significantly better than they were in the regular season, particularly early in the regular season, then your in denial.

Also if we are going to speak about the regular season why not throw in the fact that Dallas is seemingly going to a game 7 against a team that was down 3-1 to the Lakers...the regular season means NOTHING now.... just ask the almighty Pistons...

Also if we are going to speak about the regular season why not throw in the fact that Dallas is seemingly going to a game 7 against a team that was down 3-1 to the Lakers...the regular season means NOTHING now.... just ask the almighty Pistons...

Too bad Dallas just won. Fact is that Miami is an old team with no foot speed (just like Kenny and Charles said). Aside from Wade, who on Miami can run a fastbreak and break you down? Antoine Walker has been one of the most overrated players the last five years. The amount of turnovers he generates is staggering for his no defense game. Josh Howard will be tough matchup as well. If Shawn Marion had trouble guarding him, how is Miami going to when they have no one as good a defender as Marion?

Uh.............No. Typed a little early, didn't ya. Dallas just smacked the Sun's in the second half. The finals will be a good series. The Heat are definately improved. Should be a tough series that will likely go 7.

It definitely should be a good Finals. I've been pretty impressed with Avery's coaching. The thing I hate about the Mavs, though, is Stack. I didn't like him in college, I didn't like him as a Piston, and even when he was on my team I grudgingly rooted for him. He was kind of poisonous by some accounts as a Wizard too. The Mavs have him coming off the bench where he belongs anyway.

OK I'm off my little Stack rant. I'm not really a big fan or detractor of either team, but it should be a pretty good series.

Archived