Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most Overrated Athelete on the Skins Roster

skinfan2k

Although we all love the skins, i think Chris Samuels is a very overrated LT.. i dont see him being in the top 5 while i see Jon Jansen as being underrated?

In your opinon, what redskins do u think deserves too much credit and one who needs to recieve more credit?

overated: Samuels, addition of fauria to our offense

underrated: Jansen, Mike Sellers,

Although we all love the skins, i think Chris Samuels is a very overrated LT.. i dont see him being in the top 5 while i see Jon Jansen as being underrated?

In your opinon, what redskins do u think deserves too much credit and one who needs to recieve more credit?

overated: Samuels, addition of fauria to our offense

underrated: Jansen, Mike Sellers,

I not only disagree I would add that Samuels is underappreciated especially around here.

Can't make a judgement on Fauria since we have neither seen our new offense or Fauria in it.

Here are mine.

Underrated: Cornelius Griffin (has played at Pro Bowl level since he came on board)

Overrated: Robert McCune (Too many people just see the physique and expect him to be great)

I not only disagree I would add that Samuels is underappreciated especially around here.

Can't make a judgement on Fauria since we have neither seen our new offense or Fauria in it.

Here are mine.

Underrated: Cornelius Griffin (has played at Pro Bowl level since he came on board)

Overrated: Robert McCune (Too many people just see the physique and expect him to be great)

Totally agree.

Agreed.

Samuels is way underrated, strangely enough, by Skins fans. He actually gets his due by his peers. He's a good, at times great, left tackle that is a notch below the true elites of the game. This is not good enough for some fans I guess. :rolleyes:

Overrated: Jon Jansen

Hasn't had a good season since 2001 and yet some continue to whine that he's the "true" pro bowler on our line and seem to resent Chris Samuels' success and recognition.

Nationally ("expert" media):

Underrated- Cornelius Griffin

Nobody seems to rank him among the elites, but based on his two years here and remembering what this defense performed like when he was injured last year, he is an elite tackle in my book.

Overrated- No one

I don't think nationally, any of the Skins get an unjustified amount of praise. Unfortunately that's because there isn't too much praise given out. Those that do, (Moss, Portis, Samuels, Washington, Taylor) deserve it.

Agreed.

Samuels is way underrated, strangely enough, by Skins fans. He actually gets his due by his peers. He's a good, at times great, left tackle that is a notch below the true elites of the game. This is not good enough for some fans I guess. :rolleyes:

Hasn't had a good season since 2001 and yet some continue to whine that he's the "true" pro bowler on our line and seem to resent Chris Samuels' success and recognition.

thats a good point.. i never thought about that. maybe its the perception that jansen does so much with the monday night live crew and does alot with the media that makes me think he is underrated

Taylor Jacobs I think you can put down is overrated all we hear is how well he's has done in practice or training camp but it never leads to anything on the field :blahblah: :blahblah:

Underrated Cornelius Griffin, Mike Sellers , Marcus Washington.. I still think you do not hear about him like you would hear about a Keith Bullick, Ray Lewis , Steve Foley etc just in general linebackers he's not mentioned in the same sentence.

Overrated: Definitely Jacobs, what a joke.

Underrated: Washington; the guy is a beast, not only in his play but the way he energizes our defense and keeps them playing at a high level. He may not be in the highlight reel week in and week out but he's definitely the heart of our defense.

Underrated: Portis; sure he gets his props for being a great RB, but how about his blocking, toughness and "Gut's and Power" attitude. He's went from being a "glam" back to being a tough blue collar guy that fights for every inch on the field.

Overrated: Fauria?? Most people on this board have bashed his signing from the beginning so I don't know how anyone can say he's overrated. I think his size and experience will allow Saunders to open up our offense even more. Look for all of our TE's to have solid year this season and playing an even bigger part in our offense.

Taylor Jacobs I think you can put down is overrated all we hear is how well he's has done in practice or training camp but it never leads to anything on the field :blahblah: :blahblah:

Underrated Cornelius Griffin, Mike Sellers , Marcus Washington.. I still think you do not hear about him like you would hear about a Keith Bullick, Ray Lewis , Steve Foley etc just in general linebackers he's not mentioned in the same sentence.

Thanks! :thumbsup: Those were my two! :applause:

I would say as of right now Randle-El, he hasn't really done anything other than the Superbowl TD pass, hopefully this year he proves he can be a solid WR but as of right now he hasn't done much other than punt returns

sean springs is over-rated. sure he has all the skills, but i'm not buying until he puts together back to back seasons without missing a game.

That's just funny considering the guy plays one of the toughest positions in the game and yet people expect him not to miss a game... :doh:

I don't think nationally, any of the Skins get an unjustified amount of praise. Unfortunately that's because there isn't too much praise given out. Those that do, (Moss, Portis, Samuels, Washington, Taylor) deserve it.
You're right - now that Champ Bailey is gone...

I would have to agree with some of the sentiment of Randle EL. I think he hasn't done anything yet and he needs to show that he is worth the money we gave him. I also disagree with the samuels overrated statement. I think that people were on his rear about giving up sacks and then he really tightened up his pass blocking after the Broncos game. I also agree with the McCune comments. We don't know what he can do and people are willing to make him an all pro. Shawn Springs is not overrated. He is one of the top corners in the league right now. Sure he has been hurt, but he has been able to shut down one side of the field. Look what happened against philly when he was hurt, their back up wideouts were getting scores. He is not overrated. I would like to throw John Hall's name in the ring. We keep holding onto the guy and he has missed some pretty big kicks. Especially, during the Chargers game when we had the game wrapped up. Matt Bowen had a lot of hype early, but has been injured quite a bit. I thought he was way overhyped when he was brought in.

Overrated- hard to pick, I'd say Derrick Frost, just because he replaced another punter that was just as good

Jason Campbell- many think he's a better option this season than Brunell though he hasn't played in a game yet

Underrated-

James Thrash-he's not outstanding in any area, but solid in many

Chris Cooley- was good enough for pro bowl last season

Carlos Rogers- has improved a lot since he was burned twice in preseason

I would say as of right now Randle-El, he hasn't really done anything other than the Superbowl TD pass, hopefully this year he proves he can be a solid WR but as of right now he hasn't done much other than punt returns

He will have more of an impact in this offense you have to remember the Steelers is really a running team and when they do throw the ball it's mainly to Hines Ward and their tight end Heath Miller.

He will have more of an impact in this offense you have to remember the Steelers is really a running team and when they do throw the ball it's mainly to Hines Ward and their tight end Heath Miller.

Aren't we supposed to be a run first offense?

The most overrated is now on the Giants roster :)

Haha! Good point. As far as Taylor Jacobs being over-rated I think you have to be rated first.

I can't really think of anyone that's over-rated since as far as the media is concerned we don't have any good players to begin with.

Although he hasn't played yet for the Skins, I think Andre Carter is an overrated athelete. He looks like a freak, but he's been known to play stiff. And after a good 2002 season where he had 12 sacks, he hasn't done much since. I think it's 13 sacks over the last 3 years.

I have never heard this even hinted. Where did you see a quote from him about him being "the true pro bowler on our line"? That just seems way out of character for him.

Archived