Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who do YOU consider to be our biggest rival and why?

Redskins4Life

This is something I thought that would be worth discussing. I got into a debate with another Redskins fan on this. I won't disclose who I think it is, but I want to see the opinion of the greater Redskins fanbase, to see if people agree.

Your choices are:

Dallas

Philly

NY Giants

Baltimore Ravens

Carolina Panthers

Thanks for your input! :)

dude, does this even need to be asked?? The COWGIRLS!

And why are the Panthers on there? We are closer to being rivals with the Bucs before the panthers

My father who is a Cowboys fan insists that the Redskins would develop a better rivalry with the Panthers, rather than the Cowboys, simply because Carolina is closer, and it used to be a Redskins haven before they got their own team, etc. :whoknows:

Yeah I know ... I thought that was rather :insane: too ... but what the heck...

Dallas. It's not even a question for me.

There are other teams I don't like to see win, but Dallas is the only rival that I feel some emotional link to regarding the outcome of their games, even when records aren't a factor.

I really don't understand why a thread like this gets started every few weeks. The Redskins-Cowboys rivalry is probably the most storied and celebrated rivalry in the NFL. It's got everything: history, bitter hatred and even a nice little cowboys vs. indians part to it. Individuals may hate other teams more, but for our collective rival: no question: Cowboys.

This same question was asked about a month ago, and all the posts said basically the same thing all the posts on this thread are saying now: it's the Cowboys, always has been and always will be. End of discussion.

Think I"m wrong? Imagine if it were the Cowboys who beat the Skins 36-0 last season. That taste would have STILL been lingering in our collective mouths to this day, the embarassment would have been undeniable to let "them" beat up on us in that manner. It was difficult with the Giants doing so, but nowhere near the level or intensity it would have been had it been Dallas instead.

This same question was asked about a month ago, and all the posts said basically the same thing all the posts on this thread are saying now: it's the Cowboys, always has been and always will be. End of discussion.

Think I"m wrong? Imagine if it were the Cowboys who beat the Skins 36-0 last season. That taste would have STILL been lingering in our collective mouths to this day, the embarassment would have been undeniable to let "them" beat up on us in that manner. It was difficult with the Giants doing so, but nowhere near the level or intensity it would have been had it been Dallas instead.

This post is accurate. However, I don't know why you had to bring up the idea of us losing to the cowboys 36-0. That is really disturbing psychologically. I was going to have a productive day but now I may have to go seek counseling.

8 COMBINED Super Bowl Championships

5 COMBINED Super Bowl Losses

2 times the teams have met in the NFC Championship game...Skins winning both

The play twice a year

They have met on Monday Night Football more than any 2 teams

The Redskins have mean, ferocious uniforms...

The Cowboys have pretty, lil' silver uniforms...

Nuff Said!

This post is accurate. However, I don't know why you had to bring up the idea of us losing to the cowboys 36-0. That is really disturbing psychologically. I was going to have a productive day but now I may have to go seek counseling.

:laugh: That was funny

How can you call yourself a Redskins fan...

Not sure if I understand if that question was directed at me or not. I've been a Redskins fan for a very long time. *I* know the answer, and agree with the consensus. See my eventual answer below...

I really don't understand why a thread like this gets started every few weeks.

As an administrator of another football board, I don't really have time to browse through every thread that gets started here. So I didn't know how long it had been since this question had been asked. Nonetheless, it was more for my benefit of proving my side of the discussion with my other Redskins friend.

WTF is it with this question????

Do the people who ask this question even watch football???

:doh:

Yes, I watch football quite regularly. Its a weekly ritual for me. If there would be a church of football, I would be there every weekend worshipping at its alter. :silly:

As I said above, I don't get on this board as much as I used to, because of my jobs. However ... thanks for concurring what I had been saying. :)

And thanks to everyone else who have responded as well! :cheers:

Archived