Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will the REDSKINS sweep Dallas this year?

Lawrence

Does anyone else have doubts about the Redskins beating Dallas twice this year. I for one think Dallas will be really up for this game, it's at their place, and

Dallas will have one extra day to prepare for the game since our REDSKINS play

on MNF a week before. And of course with Dallas have the TO, the hype for this game will be through the roof. I'm all for the REDSKINS winning this game, I've talked to several Cowboys fans and one said that Dallas will be out for blood against the Redskins, and that the Redskins were going to get their asses kicked. Strong words :rolleyes: , but with Dallas having TO it's to be expected. I can't

really say who will win one way or the other, hope it's the REDSKINS, but right now I have my doubts. Maybe after the pre-season games I'll be more confident

all I know is that a good many Dallas fans are saying that victory will be theirs when they play the Redskins.

:helmet: Here's to the REDSKINS proving them WRONG!!!!:cheers:

Does anyone else have doubts about the Redskins beating Dallas twice this year. I for one think Dallas will be really up for this game, it's at their place, and

on MNF a week before. And of course with Dallas have the TO, the hype for this game will be through the roof. I'm all for the REDSKINS winning this game, I've talked to several Cowboys fans and one said that Dallas will be out for blood against the Redskins, and that the Redskins were going to get their asses kicked. Strong words :rolleyes: , but with Dallas having TO it's to be expected. I can't

really say who will win one way or the other, hope it's the REDSKINS, but right now I have my doubts. Maybe after the pre-season games I'll be more confident

all I know is that a good many Dallas fans are saying that victory will be theirs when they play the Redskins.

We have to win this game if we want to establish ourselves as a Super Bowl contender.

We have to match their intensity and take them down. Not winning would be taking a step backwards and saying that Parcells did a better job then Gibbs in the offseason.

We also have a chance to make history...have we ever swept those mother ****ers 2 years in a row? I don't think we have.

Jinkz or no jinkz we should definetly be able to beat those cowpukes two more times this season. Like another poster has stated, if we lose, we are not heading in the right direction this year + Parcells looks way better if this cenerio pans out. I see us crushing Dallas. Just letting anyone who doubts the skins otherwise.

I'm bringing out my broom again this year:cheers:

Dallas cant, and wont be able to handle what the skins are bringing to the table this year!

HTTR!

My prediction is that dallas goes 0-19 this year. First they will go 0-16, and they will be so awful that the NFL will assign them an extra loss because an 0-16 record will make them look better than they really are. Once they are 0-17, the league will put them in the playoffs just so they have to suffer the extra embarrassment that comes with a blowout loss on national television. Once dallas loses the playoff game, they will be 0-18. Finally, dallas will challenge the winner of the BCS title game, lose, and be 0-19.

It's not that I have "doubts" about the Redskins sweeping the cowboys, but you never know how things will turn out in a given week - "any given Sunday" and all that. You saw what happened to us last year after the Giants' owner passed away. Anyway, I don't think the Week 2 game at dallas is that big of a deal for the Redskins. It's a bigger deal for dallas, and it would be great for the Redskins to win if only to put dallas in a hole. Of course, the game will get a ridiculous amount of hype (Redskins-cowboys, to, Gibbs-parcells, national TV, etc) but it's an away game for Washington and it's still early in the season. It's not how you start the season, it's how you finish. The Redskins will be fine as long as the team takes care of business at home, ends up with a solid (winning) record against the division, and manages to beat some AFC opponents.

We need to take care of business at home. Step it up, fans!

my only concern is the game at dallas. with the limited amount of time to rest and the gaem in their house, it'll be hard to beat them. i think we have everything we need to beat them easily, but we had enough to beat them in seasons before and those times didn't go very well. i'll still be cheering them on come game time as if i believed there was no way in hell dallas could beat us.

our home game should be a gimmie.

my only concern is the game at dallas. with the limited amount of time to rest and the gaem in their house, it'll be hard to beat them. i think we have everything we need to beat them easily, but we had enough to beat them in seasons before and those times didn't go very well. i'll still be cheering them on come game time as if i believed there was no way in hell dallas could beat us.

our home game should be a gimmie.

I think our team has to realize that if we sweep Dallas this year, we will do what no other team in Redskins history has done...sweep Dallas in back to back seasons.

Even the SB winning teams couldn't pull off this feat.

Plus, you have to think, Gibbs still has some payback to give Parcells for the NFC title game and his 6-11 record against Parcells when he was with the Giants.

I may be wrong, but I don't think Parcells shook Gibbs' hand after either game, definately not after the game at Fed Ex. I'm sure Gibbs won't say anything about that in public, but you know it has to fire up him and the team.

hmmmm, i bet $500 that if you turn this into a poll, 95 percent of the people will say yes. and i bet, if gibbs retired and snyder made spurrier the coach again, and portis, moss, randel el, lloyd, our entire offensive line, and cooley cooley were all placed on IR and we had preschoolers take their place, and we decide to play without a defense, then 95% of people here would still say we would sweep dallas this year. what a question. thats like asking the pope if he beleives in god

Keep in mind: Most, if not all, of the Cowboys' fans will say their team will beat the Redskins when they do play, and vice versus.

I believe the Skins will beat the Cowboys...partially, because I am a Skins fan and because we've added so many other weapons on both sides of the ball. Hopefully, the players can certainly play together with no problems!

out for blood? c'mon. they said the same thing after we stole that game from them on their night of inducting "the gimplets". they didnt seem too hungry for blood when they came to fedex. i think that if we did lose the first game it wouldnt be because dallas was out for blood

I think the key is on the road, not letting them establish early momentum. The crowd is going to be wild at the beginning of the game. Nothing would shut them up faster then a Bledsoe interception and a Skins TD early. Since we swept them last year, the natural thought for them will be "here we go again". Once doubt creeps into their heads, the mental edge/advantage is ours.

I don't anticipate the Dallas crowd or team letting up in this game until the final second is off the clock. Nobody wants to lose an NFC East game at home.

first thing i looked at was that mnf game against minnesota rite be4 the cowboys game....is rest gonna b a problem?

.....that first game is wat im worried bout.....the cowboys in dc? heheheheheheheheheheheheheheh

If anybodys a master at getting a team prepared for Sunday after a Monday night game, its Joe Gibbs.

I think he has one of the best records, if not the best record of coaches the Sunday following a Monday night game.

Playing is Texas is always tough. Does anyone consider. It will be only a few games into Bledsoe to TO. Can you imagine the chemistry.. Wow im excited..lol

Also they lost the offensive play caller to NO....

IN GIBBS I Trust...

We got some recievers and a little help on Defence.... no more MeVar... ( I like Levar but dam )

Last year will repeat..... Redskins will come from behind again and win... The score will be closer during the game...

All the pressure is going to be on Dallas to win this game at home.

When high pressure and stakes were on the line last year, the Redskins triumphed and the Cowboys crumbled. However the Cowboys younger players are a year older and wiser now.

I'm sure Parcells is going to be reminding his team of this, and breeding a hatred against us within Dallas' training camp all summer long that we haven't seen in a long time. We are now their number 1 enemy after last year.

I think if they lose this game though, with all the emotion they are going to have, their will be a fallout. While he knows how to motivate and get a team riled up, Parcells isn't the best guy for dealing with adversity.

It is our turn to run the table for a while. Any time you talk to a cowboy fan, all you here is how many times they beat us in the last 15 meetings. So get out your tissue cowboy fans, it's gonna be crying time for a while.

Archived