Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

OK gibbs you just left out MR ECW in my opinion........."The Franchise" Shane Douglas!!!

You just answered your own reply.. In your opinion. :)

I do not like him.. his attitude, his character.

What about the "Angry Amish Chicken Plucker" Roadkill! :rotflmao: :laugh:

You just answered your own reply.. In your opinion. :)

I do not like him.. his attitude, his character.

What about the "Angry Amish Chicken Plucker" Roadkill! :rotflmao: :laugh:

LMAO :laugh: Yea he is rumored to be coming back too.

Shane was the man!!!! :silly:

Yes!!! Rhino & Raven were BEASTS in ECW also!

Yes, yes.. I did forget Rhino and Raven.. but, I said just to name a few incase something like this happened. :laugh:

And to name a few of my other favs that havnt been mentioned yet:

Raven

Mike Awesome

Pit Bull 1 & 2

Perry Saturn and John Kronus

Lance Storm

Kid Kash

Kid Kash was boring.. not my type of character.

Perry Saturn and the whole crew associated with Raven were awesome.

Lance Storm.. I liked him more in WCW. He is not 'Extreme' enough for ECW.. IMO.

Mike Awesome.. the same as Lance Storm.. he was made for WCW.

Pit Bull 1 & 2 were beasts but, I did not follow them.

Doesn't seem like it'll be quite the same as it was. However, if you saw tonights RAW, then you know Kurt Angle has gone to ECW. Funny thing about that is, Heyman tried to sign Angle before Vince did & Angle was a guest at an ECW event & walked out on them.

Yeah because of a certain thing where one of the guys got crucified at the show, Angle became displeased and walked out. At least thats what one of my buddies told me who is a big fan of the wrestling a few years ago.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah because of a certain thing where one of the guys got crucified at the show, Angle became displeased and walked out. At least thats what one of my buddies told me who is a big fan of the wrestling a few years ago.

Raven 'crucified' Sandman after a match. Complete with a crown of barbwire. You can see it on that Rise & Fall of ECW dvd.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/news/onsfans

The passion returns

By Louie Dee

June 11, 2006

During the existence of ECW, the promotion’s fan base became known as perhaps the most rabidly loyal group of fans in wrestling history. Last year’s ECW One Night Stand undoubtedly proved that theory, and tonight, thousands of those fanatics will pack the Hammerstein Ballroom for another taste of extreme.

Not surprisingly, tickets for the show sold out almost instantly, and fans from all around the world have descended on New York City tonight. Many in attendance were also at last year’s One Night Stand and they were eager to share their thoughts on the event.

“I’ve been looking forward to this since last year; when I heard they were going to do it (ECW One Night Stand) again, I couldn’t wait,” said ECW fan Charlie Adamo.

Fellow fan Mike Faddoul agreed, saying that ECW One Night Stand “was the best show of last year in my opinion, and I couldn’t wait for another one to happen. I got my tickets on Ticketmaster the minute they went on sale and I was lucky to get a third row seat.”

The majority of the fans polled said that it was hard to choose which match they were looking forward to most, but there were good arguments made for almost all of them. Of course, the thought of Rob Van Dam or Sabu bringing home some gold was a very popular one among the crowd.

“I’m looking forward to Van Dam vs. Cena,” said Brandon Tolle. “It’s been a long time coming for RVD, and I think tonight is the night.” Adamo agreed, saying “I hope one of the ECW guys wins a World Championship; if that happens, the crowd is going to go ballistic.”

Sean Carlucci has no doubt that Adamo’s wish will come true. “RVD will win the WWE Championship tonight; Cena doesn’t stand a chance.”

It’s no secret that Cena is not a favorite of the ECW crowd; so what’s in store for the WWE Champion when he enters the Hammerstein Ballroom?

“That man doesn’t know what he’s in for; these aren’t the WWE fans, these are the ECW fans,” Carlucci continued. “They’re going to be cursing him out.” Faddoul took it one step further saying that “if Cena does win tonight, I think there’s going to be a riot.”

It’s hard to deny that the ECW fans are extremely passionate. When One Night Stand goes live at 8 p.m. ET tonight, the world will get to see the passion once again. And if you haven’t already, order the pay-per-view or the webcast and see it for yourself.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/news/2893922

Legend Killer looks to add to his list

By Brett Hoffman

June 11, 2006

Tonight at the Hammerstein Ballroom, the intense rivalry between ECW’s Kurt Angle and RAW’s Randy Orton will reach its boiling point. Two months ago, Kurt Angle broke Orton’s ankle during the opening round of the King of the Ring Tournament. The injury forced the young “Legend Killer” out of action to allow his injury time to heal, but now that he’s back, Orton has revenge on the mind. WWE.com caught up with Orton earlier today to get his thoughts on meeting the Wrestling Machine tonight at One Night Stand.

A focused Orton is clearly still upset over Angle’s actions at the King of the Ring. “I’m a man of my word. If I’m going to face someone in the ring, I’m going to do it the right way. I’m not going to do anything dirty or underhanded. Kurt Angle may be an Olympic hero and all that, but that day in the ring, he proved that he was not a man of his word, he didn’t fight fair. You don’t take pleasure in hurting another man.”

On Wednesday night at Head to Head, Angle warned Orton that at One Night Stand, he was coming for more than just his ankle. “This Sunday night, not only am I gonna break your ankle, I’m gonna break your arms and I’m gonna break your legs. In fact, when I’m done with you, you’ll be crawling out of the Hammerstein Ballroom with a broken freakin’ neck.”

With Angle being labeled as the new face of ECW, Orton sees the contest as more than just himself vs. Kurt. “Everyone is saying that Kurt Angle is going to be the new face of ECW, that’s he’s going to be the No. 1 guy. I believe it. Actually, I’m counting on it. Because tonight, I have the opportunity to take out Kurt Angle, and at the same time, kill the legend of ECW.”

The Legend Killer will get his opportunity tonight for revenge that is two months in the making. What will happen when the Legend Killer enters the raucous environment at the Hammerstein Ballroom? It all happens tonight, and the only way to see the extreme action is by ordering the event on pay-per-view.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/news/arenahammerstein

Arena Report - Hammerstein Ballroom

By Brett Hoffman

June 11, 2006

Tonight, Extreme Championship Wrestling returns to the historic Hammerstein Ballroom in the heart of New York City for the second edition of ECW One Night Stand. The ballroom was a favorite destination of ECW in the late 90s, serving as a base for several pay-per-view and TV broadcasts.

The famous venue, which is located literally just feet away from Madison Square Garden was the site of several ECW television broadcasts, including the last three pay-per-views. The most recent of those was last year’s One Night Stand, which was one of the more memorable evenings in wrestling history. Together for the first time in close to five years, the ECW wrestlers gave fans a night they would never forget. Among the matches on the show was a classic pure wrestling display from Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit, an all-out brawl between Mike Awesome and Masato Tanaka and a hardcore war between the team of Tommy Dreamer & The Sandman and The Dudleys.

In January 2001, Hammerstein Ballroom was the site of the Guilty as Charged pay-per-view. On that night, Tommy Dreamer beat C.W. Anderson in an “I Quit” match and Rhyno defeated The Sandman to capture the ECW World Heavyweight Championship.

A month earlier in December ‘00, the ballroom hosted ECW’s Massacre on 34th Street. On that show, Danny Doring & Roadkill won the ECW Tag Team Championship when they knocked off the F.B.I.’s Tony Mamaluke and Little Guido. Later, Steve Corino retained the ECW World Heavyweight Championship in a Three Way Dance with Jerry Lynn and Justin Credible.

Tonight, the Hammerstein Ballroom will be jam packed with close to 3000 rabid ECW fans. If you can’t be one of the lucky fans in the building, the only way to witness the history, is to order the event live on pay-per-view.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/news/reysabuprev

Prepared for anything

By Brett Hoffman

June 10, 2006

On Sunday, World Champion Rey Mysterio will enter a world he hasn’t visited in close to a decade. At One Night Stand, Mysterio will defend his World Championship in what many are calling a dream match against Sabu in front of a hostile gathering of ECW fans at the Hammerstein Ballroom.

Despite the sneak attack from the hardcore legend on SmackDown, Mysterio admits that he is actually excited to finally face the man known as Sabu. “I’m very excited. I was always a fan of ECW, and I’ve always been a fan of Sabu. Now, I actually get the opportunity to step in the ring with him and face him for the World Championship, so there is a lot of excitement running through my veins.”

Rey knows that there is immense pressure on him to win the match and hold on to the World Championship, which has a long and storied history as the most prestigious title in wrestling. If Rey loses, he will forever be known as the man who lost the Championship to ECW. Rey admits that he has considered the ramifications. “I’ve thought about it and it scares me to think of what could happen if I lose on Sunday. I’ve worked so hard to get where I am today, so it just makes me want to go out there and be the toughest competitor I can be. I’m going to give everything I have to retain the Championship and keep it on SmackDown because that’s what I represent. I represent SmackDown, I represent WWE, so I’m not going to just let Sabu walk in and take the Championship away from me. Who knows what could happen if the Championship ends up in ECW. That is why I am going to stick up for it, and bring it back to SmackDown where it belongs.

Having at one time competed in Extreme Championship Wrestling, Rey knows that in an ECW environment, anything can happen. “I know that physically, I have to be prepared for anything. Sabu is one crazy dude. He will use anything he can get his hands on and put it all on the line, and I expect him to do just that at One Night Stand. Whether it’s tables, chairs or anything else, he’s going to use it against me to try and get the victory. Unfortunately for him, I’m not going to let that happen.”

At One Night Stand, the dream match will finally happen. Unless you’re at the Hammerstein Ballroom on Sunday, the only way to see it is to order the event, which is live on pay-per-view.

Related Content:

Watch Sabu attack Mysterio

http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/news/hardcorewar

Hardcore war

By Louie Dee

June 10, 2006

061006hardcorewar160x160.jpgThe idea of “hardcore” means different things to different people. On Sunday night, two different versions of hardcore will clash when self-proclaimed co-Hardcore Champions Edge & Mick Foley take on two of the forefathers of the hardcore ECW revolution, Terry Funk & Tommy Dreamer.

It is acknowledged that Foley himself is one of the forefathers of hardcore. Having spent time in ECW, Foley was notorious for his worldwide rivalry with Funk that saw them throw chairs, blow each other up and make each other bleed on numerous occasions. Whether it was in ECW, Japan or elsewhere, Foley and Funk were never afraid to destroy each other with anything they could get their hands on.

But Foley’s attitude has changed. After his Hardcore Match with Edge at WrestleMania 22, something snapped. On an early May edition of RAW, the two men formed an alliance at the expense of Dreamer. The following week, Funk was a victim of their hardcore alliance, and it wasn’t long before Paul Heyman goaded them into a match against the ECW pair at One Night Stand.

Heading into the battle, all four men understand the importance of winning the war. To Dreamer, however, it could be the most important match of his career. “It’s probably going to be viewed by the most amount of people that (have ever) watched ECW,” said the Innovator of Violence. Dreamer also said that one of his biggest problems is that Foley seems to have forgotten where he comes from. “I looked up to Mick Foley like a brother and a mentor. The thing that really gets me, and with a lot of athletes today, they forget their roots. Mick Foley crapped on every single thing that the fans supported him for. I’ve never forgotten my roots and the ECW fans have never forgotten their roots.”

Wednesday night at WWE vs. ECW Head to Head, the four men went at it when Edge took on Dreamer in an Extreme Rules Match. While the Rated-R Superstar won the match, Funk made Foley bleed on the outside of the ring; the Hardcore Legend later gave an impassioned speech in the ring, telling the fans exactly why he had “turned his back” on ECW.

“You think I loved ECW? I loved ECW, but they didn’t love me back,” Foley told the crowd. “She was like the girl I couldn’t let go of, but the one that makes me sick upon seeing her. She wanted too much blood, too much of my heart, too much of my life, so I left and I found fame and fortune in WWE.” In that same speech, Foley said he was ready for One Night Stand. “Edge and I are prepared to take the beatings of our lives, and I will do that to exercise the sick, twisted whore that is ECW. I want her out of my life. You’ve seen me thrown off cells, slammed into tacks, put through burning tables. It is nothing compared to the horrors I will unleash on Dreamer and Funk at ECW (One Night Stand). You stepped on my soul. You took everything I worked for and through it all away. When I walk into the Hammerstein Ballroom as a WWE Legend, you Terry Funk and you Tommy Dreamer will learn about loss.”

061006foley160x160.jpgFoley later said that he wasn’t worried about heading into what will now be an extremely hostile environment on Sunday. “I think I will thrive on the hostile environment,” he said. “If I didn’t think that I would thrive on it I wouldn’t have help create it.”

But what happens if they don’t thrive, and Funk and Dreamer are victorious in front of their home crowd? “It would be a little bit embarrassing (if we lose), but a poor performance would be a lot worse,” Foley said. “I haven’t made my reputation on a stellar win-loss record, (I made it) by going out there and leaving everything that I have in front of that audience. Win, lose or draw, that’s what I plan to do.”

While the ECW team will definitely have the home-crowd advantage, Edge & Foley’s success may harbor on the presence of Lita at ringside. An extra hand outside the ring is always helpful, and Lita has never been shy about getting involved. Should that happen, however, Dreamer will be ready. “I pretty much helped find Lita; she came up through ECW, (but) a lot of people don’t know that,” he said. “She’s another person who crapped on everything. You never forget your roots; I’m one person who doesn’t, and on Sunday I’m going to make them remember their roots.”

At One Night Stand, someone will win in the name of hardcore. But will it be the old guard or the new guard?

What?

Who's in it?

I liked the DX with the Outlaws, and X-Pax being all stupid.

I think just HBK & HHH are going to be in the new DX

I hope tonight's show is good. I always liked ECW.

They should bring back the "shah" he was the best when you were at the arena. Everytime he punched somebody, the entire crowd would yell "SHAH!" Every time he got hit, the entire crowd wold yell ****!

Good times

What?

Who's in it?

I liked the DX with the Outlaws, and X-Pax being all stupid.

They were running old footage of HHH & Shawn. I saw it on Cox cables In Demand channel. Comcast may or may not be running it as well. :whoknows:

How I've missed the ECW crowd chants. :)

Overheard during Angle vs Orton:

Orton sucks ****

Orton swallows

You can't wrestle

You got ****slapped

**** you Orton

Break his ankle

You suck ****

You tapped out

*ussy

Get the **** out

And of course E-C-Dub!

ECW, fake? Maybe - but i'd challenge you to do HALF of the stuff those guys did to their bodies.

I just hope they return to the bingo halls - small crowds + anything goes = best wrestling in the world. I used to love thursday nights. :)

i dare you let the undertaker throw you off the top of a 30-40ft steel cage.