Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Yeah I liked it better when it was called the Diamond Cutter. What's the deal with all of the Orton love here? :laugh:

The Diamond Cutter was WEAK:laugh: I remember WCW pushing how many ways DDP could execute one, it was pretty sad.

The RKO is just brilliant, the set up to the follow through, a very smooth finisher. As far as the Orton love goes, i've been hearing him get some good crowd reaction even though he's being put over as a major heel

Yeah I liked it better when it was called the Diamond Cutter. What's the deal with all of the Orton love here? :laugh:
I don't get all the Orton love either. I'm not a fan of his at all.

Now that Edge is hurt, there really isn't anybody that I really root for. Except for Mickie, of course......

That's because you have to be cool to "get" the awesomeness of Randy Orton, the LEGEND KILLER. Simple as that.

Stevie Richards with the win! I love that guy. He can wrestle and he is just all around awesome. I really hope they continue upon what they started tonight with him and Thorn. That is the one thing ECW is lacking and that is storylines. They don't have any real emotional ones like they did back in the day. They do that, they get ratings. I hope the tag main event is decent.

Btw, even though I love seeing Brooke with Extreme Expose...they need to stop that segment. It is a waste of time and completely stupid. Just make those girls managers for someone so we can still get to look at them!

I personally cant stand Randy Orton. He has no mat skills. A huge part of being a WWE wrestler is having the ability to fake injuries well. He is HORRIBLE at this. Ive seen Italian soccer players fake injuries better. ( that being said, there really arent that many good wrestlers left these days)

Would that be the "Original King of Swing, Dancin' Stevie Richards?"

erk. i don't know. ECW Original Stevie Richards. I saw him wrestle CM Punk at a house show a year ago and it was a pretty good match. I wish they had Stevie on the show more frequently and gave him a good run with something.

erk. i don't know. ECW Original Stevie Richards. I saw him wrestle CM Punk at a house show a year ago and it was a pretty good match. I wish they had Stevie on the show more frequently and gave him a good run with something.

Yeah, same guy. I was just throwing out one of his previous gimmicks back in the day about a decade ago in ECW. From about this era (Stevie is on the right):

03.jpg

Steven Richards, although not really fun to watch is pretty sound in the ring and is one of the best jobbers around. He was alright to watch in the BWO and with the Right to Censor (although music was highly annoying). I'd take him over a third of the Raw roster.

They need fresh blood in the title picture. Randy Orton is a great start, I would add Shelton and Kennedy for flavor. What I'd love to see is an out of the blue type of title change.. I remember when Brett Hart won the title from Rick Flair, everyone was shocked. At that point Brett had lost the IC title to the Brittish Bulldog and no one was really expecting Brett to beat Flair. I remember wondering what the hell the point of the match was and when Brett won, it was friggen awesome!

IT'S ME D D P!!! Whatever happened to him?

I dunno, he had a run in TNA for a while and then he disappeared again. Considering how long he's been around(manager and wrestler), I wouldn't be shocked if he's hung it up.

The Diamond Cutter was WEAK:laugh: I remember WCW pushing how many ways DDP could execute one, it was pretty sad.

The RKO is just brilliant, the set up to the follow through, a very smooth finisher. As far as the Orton love goes, i've been hearing him get some good crowd reaction even though he's being put over as a major heel

It's the same move. At least Paige could perform it.

That's because you have to be cool to "get" the awesomeness of Randy Orton, the LEGEND KILLER. Simple as that.

Orton's garbage. He's got poor in ring execution (tends to hurt other wrestlers or himself by botching moves) and he's only average on the mic. I was hoping that the time spent around Flair in Evolution would have helped him with his mic skills and how to be a real heel, but he's not delivering. A lot of the heat that he did get after Evo was when he was grouped with Edge in that Rated RKO and that's because Edge is damned good at being a heel.

Orton's garbage. He's got poor in ring execution (tends to hurt other wrestlers or himself by botching moves) and he's only average on the mic. I was hoping that the time spent around Flair in Evolution would have helped him with his mic skills and how to be a real heel, but he's not delivering. A lot of the heat that he did get after Evo was when he was grouped with Edge in that Rated RKO and that's because Edge is damned good at being a heel.

What are you talking about? Orton can actually wrestle..He is very good at that..When has Orton ever injured himself or another wrestler during a match? And Orton's mic skills have improved over the last couple months.

I personally cant stand Randy Orton. He has no mat skills. A huge part of being a WWE wrestler is having the ability to fake injuries well. He is HORRIBLE at this. Ive seen Italian soccer players fake injuries better. ( that being said' date=' there really arent that many good wrestlers left these days)[/quote']

What do you mean by he has no mat skills? Like I said in the above part of this post, Orton is actually a very good wrestler..And I cant wait for Orton to take that title from Cena at SummerSlam!!

...He's got poor in ring execution (tends to hurt other wrestlers or himself by botching moves) and he's only average on the mic.

I'd say at least above average on the mic, as he may not be smooth on the mic, he does manage to have that certain attitude that makes him the perfect heel.

As for poor execution, you're totally wrong. I've never heard of him hurting another wrestler (although maybe he has). The reason he's injured so often is because he has hypermobile shoulders which leads to greater chances of shoulder injuries. I don't think it's a coincidence that his 3 main injuries were all shoulder injuries.

He may be an ass outside the ring, but after HHH, he's Raw's top wrestler.

I'd say at least above average on the mic, as he may not be smooth on the mic, he does manage to have that certain attitude that makes him the perfect heel.

As for poor execution, you're totally wrong. I've never heard of him hurting another wrestler (although maybe he has). The reason he's injured so often is because he has hypermobile shoulders which leads to greater chances of shoulder injuries. I don't think it's a coincidence that his 3 main injuries were all shoulder injuries.

He may be an ass outside the ring, but after HHH, he's Raw's top wrestler.

Getting pushed too soon, due to his friendship w/ HHH :mad: Great heel, not ready for the world title IMHO.

Yes, Orton is fantastic.. if you like a 20 minute rest hold match. I've never seen so many rear chin locks and sleepers in one match in my life. No match specifically, any Orton match. I think it's pretty bad when even Kurt Angle has a hard time carrying you to a decent match. Their match at ONS 2 nearly had me in tears because it was so painful to watch.

The Diamond Cutter >>>>> The RKO. The main point of difference, you always see the RKO comming from a mile away. The best finishers (IMHO of course) are the ones that require very little setup and can be initiated very quickly. SCM, The Stunner, Diamond Cutter, Tazmission, etc. Randy Orton telegraphs the move like no other, and to put it simply, it annoys me.

Yes, Orton is fantastic.. if you like a 20 minute rest hold match. I've never seen so many rear chin locks and sleepers in one match in my life. No match specifically, any Orton match. I think it's pretty bad when even Kurt Angle has a hard time carrying you to a decent match. Their match at ONS 2 nearly had me in tears because it was so painful to watch.

The Diamond Cutter >>>>> The RKO. The main point of difference, you always see the RKO comming from a mile away. The best finishers (IMHO of course) are the ones that require very little setup and can be initiated very quickly. SCM, The Stunner, Diamond Cutter, Tazmission, etc. Randy Orton telegraphs the move like no other, and to put it simply, it annoys me.

No, the RKO is a sneaky move..Look at SummerSlam 05 when he went against the Undertaker, and the hell in a call they had a in 05..He did the RKO when the Undertaker had him up in the chokeslam..You didnt see that coming..You must be a Cean fan..Go Orton!!

Look, Orton is good at the mic. Ill give him that. But, unfortunately he is not that great of a wrestler. He botches plenty of other wrestler's moves ( like every one of rey mysterio's) so much that you can tell its fake. Their job is to make fake moves seem real. People shouldnt be able to blatantly tell that the move was fake. The only time that everworked was The Worm and Hogan's finger point leg drop.

But i will also say that he is one of the better wrestlers out there right now, which says all you need to know about the quality of good wrestlers still in the business.

The only thing that almost had me in tears during there match at One Night Stand is what the fans like in wrestlers. I mean they boo,cuss, and in one fans case even punch Randy Orton, yet they are all over guys like the Sandman.

That match wasn't one of his best because he obviously was suppose to be wrestling in a style closer to Angles than his average style, which if I remember correctly is even stated by Tazz during his commentary of the match. The match was too long and was simply average, but in no way are all his matches like that. I'd consider Orton above-average in the ring and pretty good on the mic.

As for the RKO it is better used than the Diamond Cutter. Orton usually has the setup, but it is interesting imo simply because your expecting it. It's just like Undertakers signal for a tombstone or Benoit's signal for the crossface. Many of the best wrestlers have some kind of signal before there move, heck even Angle usually puts down his straps before the Angle Lock. And in many scenarios Orton will execute it out of nowhere.

I'd like to know who your top 5 active wrestlers are? (whether it be WWE or TNA)

My top 5 would probably be.

1. HHH

2. Christian

3. Kurt Angle

4. Mr. Kennedy

5. Edge

Some other favorites include Kevin Nash (although he rarely wrestles), Randy Orton and Shawn Michaels (even though he isn't what he use to be)

Great post Sean. I don't watch TNA so I really couldn't give you an honest answer to your question.

I would add about Orton that the thing I like, and I think the thing that everyone else who likes him likes, is that he so cool. I mean even in the middle of a match the dude remains cool as hell.

It's a cool kind of cool too. For example, Jeff Hardy tries to be cool with his little music and head banging but to me it just comes across as really gay. Orton is slow, methodical and smooth with his cool. He's like a gangster in there. The disrespecting the hell out of legends and kicking people in the head adds to that.

And his little pose with his arms in the air is bad ass.

As far as his wrestling goes, he's a head above people like Cena, Lashley, Umaga, Khali (ugh) and a ton more. I mean you'll watch Raw all night and you won't see a single real grapple. As soon as Orton steps into the ring you start to see that.

Great post Sean. I don't watch TNA so I really couldn't give you an honest answer to your question.

I only started watching TNA a few weeks ago. They have a lot of older wrestlers and have somewhat of a WCW feel, but they also have great young talent like AJ Styles (no mic skills though) and Jay Lethal AKA Black Machismo ( parody of Randy Savage) as well as others that are superior to the young talent on Raw.

With Angle, Christian, and Nash there, I just had to start watching it. The stories aren't that great and can be a little corny, but Raw's aren't too great either.

You should check it out. You'll likely either love it or hate it.

It's on Thursday nights at 9pm ET on Spike TV.

I would add about Orton that the thing I like, and I think the thing that everyone else who likes him likes, is that he so cool. I mean even in the middle of a match the dude remains cool as hell.

Agreed, he has that arogance to him that you know you should hate, but can't help but love.

Jeff Hardy tries to be cool with his little music and head banging but to me it just comes across as really gay. Orton is slow, methodical and smooth with his cool. He's like a gangster in there. The disrespecting the hell out of legends and kicking people in the head adds to that.

Not a big fan of Jeff either, although he is fun to watch sometimes. I think Orton plays the role so well, because he's somewhat like that in real life. I loved it when he kicked Dusty Rhodes last week, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

The only thing that almost had me in tears during there match at One Night Stand is what the fans like in wrestlers. I mean they boo,cuss, and in one fans case even punch Randy Orton, yet they are all over guys like the Sandman.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

So true. People wonder why wrestling blows now. The Sandman is terrible. His match with Carlito at GAB was painful to watch. Now THAT had me in tears.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

So true. People wonder why wrestling blows now. The Sandman is terrible. His match with Carlito at GAB was painful to watch. Now THAT had me in tears.

Sandman is a brawler, not a wrestler. The guy back when ECW was really ECW was pretty fun to watch. All of the originals were fun to watch. Now it is just watered down wrestling. Quite a shame to be honest because they let one of their best wrestlers in RVD leave. Even he was getting boring to watch because they wouldn't let him do stuff.

Problem is the WWE limits stuff and its really stupid.

he's a head above people like...Umaga, Khali (ugh)...
That's not saying much (though Umaga's pretty agile for a man of his size, and his Samoan drop is deadly). The trouble is, the really good wrestlers (Shelton, for example) aren't so good on the mic.