• Blog Entries

• By Destino in ES Coverage
      We’re still doing this?  Absolutely!  Despite all the compelling reasons to just let everyone go home and enjoy and extended offseason, this is not an option.  The games must be played, and therefore we the long-suffering fans will feel compelled to watch.  Even games no reasonable football fan would choose to watch like, for example, today’s Redskins Jets game.   

Today’s convergence of sadness features the 30th ranked scoring offense (Jets 14.4 ppg) versus the 32nd (Redskins 12.0 ppg).  The first team to 15 wins!  With no playoff aspirations the compelling story lines for this game are largely limited to watching young players (hopefully) develop.  Dwayne Haskins gets his first home start and Derrius Guice is back from injury.   

My, reasonable, goals for today’s game:  
      1- Score a touchdown 
      2- Score more than 17 points.   
      3- Haskins throws for 200 yards or more with no interceptions  
      4- Guice runs the ball at least 10 times and finishes at 3.5 yards per carry and healthy.  

Hoping for a win at this point feels like setting myself up for disappointment, so I’m happy to settle for an entertaining loss.  

Special thanks to @pez for some excellent Guinness beef stew.  If you absolutely have to stand in a frozen parking lot at 9am, the best place to do it is at the Extremeskins Tailgate with Pez and @Huly.  Great fans, great people. 

The Redskins have declared for the following players as inactive: 
      Paul Richardson  
      Colt McCoy 
      Deshazor Everett 
      Chris Thompson  
      Ross Pierschbacher 
      Vernon Davis  
      Tim Settle  

The Jets declared the following players as inactive  
      Nate Hairston  
      Darryl Roberts  
      Paul Worrilow 
      Matthias Farley  
      CJ Mosley  
      Jordan Willis  
      Leo Koloamatangi 

1st Quarter - Redskins 0 - 6 Jets
      If you wanted to sit in the cold and watch a football game with some Jets fans at FedEx, but were worried that there were not enough seats available, I have good news.  There’s plenty of space available, so come on down and prove you’re a real fan by sitting though this in person.

Jets dominated the 1st quarter even though they only scored 6 points.  The reason being that Washington managed only 13 yards of offense and a single first down.  

Question: Is it still a check down pass if the QB never looks at anyone else?

2nd Quarter - Redskins 3 - 20 Jets
      The Jets have achieved an insurmountable 13 point lead early in the 2nd quarter.  All hope is lost.

Is there a more perfect example of the Redskins offense than their first scoring drive in the 2nd quarter?  Interception gives the Redskins the ball on the Jets 16 yard line.  They proceed to march 10 yards backwards before kicking a field goal from the Jets 26.  It's perfect.  Two or three more field goals we can call it a day. 

The Jets score again and if feels like they are are just piling on at this point.  Three touchdowns in the first half for them, just three points for the redskins.  Our streak of no touchdowns has now extended to 15 quarters. 

3rd Quarter - Redskins 3 - 20 Jets
      There is a spider slowly descending from the ceiling in the press box and it's the most interesting thing that's happened during the third quarter of this game. 

I have decided to allow the spider to live, provided it does not touch me.  I'm off to get some more caffeine. 

4th Quarter - Redskins 17 - 34 Jets
      The first wave of Redskins fans, the few that are here, started streaming towards the exits after that 4th Jets touchdown.  As if the Jets didn't have this game wrapped up in the 2nd quarter. 

Jet have now more than doubled their average points per game and have matched their season high of 34 points (and they missed two field goals in this game). 

TOUCHDOWN REDSKINS!  THE DROUGHT IT OVER!  Guice took a short pass from Haskins  all the way to the house.  2 point conversion is successful on a pass from Haskins to Quinn. 

The Redskins score another touchdown!  This feels like an embarrassment of riches, even if we are still certain to lose this game. 

End of Game.

Let's review those reasonable goals I mentioned earlier:

1- Success.
      2- Close enough, I'm counting it
      3- Haskins did throw for over 200, but unfortunately did have an interception. 
      4- Guice was not given the opportunity to run the ball ten times today.  He did however score on a 45 yard TD pass and finish the game healthy.  I'll take it.

Even though the Redskins lost, it was good to see the offense show some faint signs of life and end the streak of games without a TD.  The team looked competitive for much of the second half, and perhaps they could have made this a fun game if they carried that same energy throughout.  It was good to see Guice and Mclaurin show out today.  I think both of them have a future with this team that I look forward to seeing. 

Sign in to follow this  
TK

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

This is from the Associated Press...

BC-APNewsAlert,0052

ATLANTA (AP) - A law enforcement official close to the investigation tells The Associated Press that pro wrestler Chris Benoit strangled his wife and smothered his son before hanging himself in his weight room.

This is from the Associated Press...

BC-APNewsAlert,0052

ATLANTA (AP) - A law enforcement official close to the investigation tells The Associated Press that pro wrestler Chris Benoit strangled his wife and smothered his son before hanging himself in his weight room.

yea i have read the same reports ... :doh:

Tragedy senseless

indefensable

Wow. What a sick ****.

Seriously. Now I am officially pissed that I gave a **** when I heard about him dying yesterday.

My thoughts should have been with Nancy & Daniel instead.....

A law enforcement official close to the investigation told The Associated Press that Benoit strangled his wife and smothered his son before hanging himself in his weight room. ...

www.si.com

I found this on another message board.

Just read on observer that Benoit watched the PPV with his son after strangling his wife with an alaram clock cord Saturday. He put his son to bed and suffocated him and then hung himself in his weight room.

I've never been to the observer website, but I hear it's reputable in the internet wrestling world.....

I found this on another message board.

Just read on observer that Benoit watched the PPV with his son after strangling his wife with an alaram clock cord Saturday. He put his son to bed and suffocated him and then hung himself in his weight room.

I've never been to the observer website, but I hear it's reputable in the internet wrestling world.....

Wow, :wtf:

Here's a link for you guys from a different site

http://www.tmz.com/2007/06/26/benoit-murder-details-revealed/

TMZ has learned more about the deaths of WWE wrestling superstar Chris Benoit, his wife and son -- and the information is extremely disturbing.

Several Atlanta-based law enforcement sources have told TMZ Benoit may have strangled his wife on Saturday, then smothered his son in his bed a day later. Investigators refuse to officially comment, pending final confirmation by the coroner on the cause and time of the deaths.

One source told TMZ that Benoit was texting friends during Sunday's WWE "Vengeance" Pay-Per-View program -- possibly watching the show with his son, who may have been alive at the time.

According to sources, Benoit then hanged himself Monday in a weight room inside the family home.

A police investigation is ongoing

Seriously. Now I am officially pissed that I gave a **** when I heard about him dying yesterday.

Same here. I actually gave a **** when I heard about this yesterday too. I feel for his son and wife though.

Man, a guy with as much money as Benoit could easily afford a divorce and to give custody of his child to his wife if he didn't want to be around them any longer. There was no need to take things this far. If there's a hell I hope Benoit is burning there as we speak.

This is just sick........I mean to kill your kid and wife is bad enough but if he in fact killed his wife on sat and then waited a whole day to kill his child.......Man thats just premeditated murder right there......Thats no roid rage....Even Vince McMahon shouldnt have to deal with this horrible situation and I applud him for coming out lastnight with his speeech.

Same here. I actually gave a **** when I heard about this yesterday too. I feel for his son and wife though.

Man, a guy with as much money as Benoit could easily afford a divorce and to give custody of his child to his wife if he didn't want to be around them any longer. There was no need to take things this far. If there's a hell I hope Benoit is burning there as we speak.

We should also hold his two other kids in our thoughts as well. They are about to go through a living hell that no child should suffer. :(

This is unimagineable. If you have children as I do, there is nothing- absolutely NOTHING- that could ever drive me to the point of killing one of them. Domestic violence is all over the place unfortunately, and people in relationships often get injured or even killed. But when an innocent child loses his life, my God... Why??

What sorrow.

If this turns out to be steroid induced, it will be the end of WWE.

WHat a horrible horrible event.

If true, there's a special place in hell waiting for him.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Not just a song sung by R&B singer Aretha Franklin but, also harped about from one Chris Benoit.. Respect is the condition of being esteemed or honored. Chris was respected by everyone and the ones that didn't respect him.. he made them respect him. Respect to Chris was held at such a high regard. There was no other way.. you either respected him or he wanted nothing to do with you.

A wrestling superstar disrespected Shawn Michaels backstage a while back. Chris being Chris made that superstar do 1,000 lunges. In which Benoit did those same 1,000 with him. If he wasn't going to respect Michaels.. Benoit would force it out of him. The next day, that same superstar complained how he could barely walk because his legs were so sore. Benoit made him do 500 more just for good measure. <--That story was told by Triple H.

The guy earned his respect. He earned everything that he had by way of busting his ass! He was one of the few who wrestled for the love of the 'sport' not just for the money. He loved this sport more than anything else and vowed to, at such a young age, to be comparable or better to the one and only Dynamite Kid. Both had similar styles as Benoit emulated DK very well.

He worked his way up the ladder and for that he was loved by not only his co-workers but, by MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of fans. I was one of them. However, I just can not stomach this news. This is not the Chris Benoit that I watched on TV. This is not the same Chris Benoit that I have heard and read numerous stories about. Not the Crippler nor the Rapid Wolverine. He had to be beside himself to come to terms to carry out this tragedy.

For a guy who harped about Respect and how it should be given in order to receive. Someone, who lived to be respected. Well, Chris.. if these stories are true and you carried out these actions in the manner stated in numerous articles and headlines..

Congrats because all of those years that you worked your ass off to gain respect and fame.. You squashed all of that in just one weekend. I will no longer have respect for you as a wrestler or a person. You ****ed up! And you took your own life so you would not have to feel the wrath of many. I am so sorry that you got off that easy. You deserved worse.

The police are having a 3pm News conference with details.

cant wait to hear it........should be interesting and a sad finallity to this whole tragic episode

cant wait to hear it........should be interesting and a sad finallity to this whole tragic episode

CNN.com is reporting that Benoit strangled his wife and son before hanging himself in his weight room.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Congrats because all of those years that you worked your ass off to gain respect and fame.. You squashed all of that in just one weekend. I will no longer have respect for you as a wrestler or a person. You ****ed up! And you took your own life so you would not have to feel the wrath of many. I am so sorry that you got off that easy. You deserved worse.

Well said Praise this makes me sick. I can never understand how someone could kill their own kid. I just cant fathom this and any other stories where kids lives are taken so young. My prayers are with the young son and his family. As well as the wife and hers.