Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Kenny Omega just defeated Okada in a 2 out 3 falls no time limit match to become the new IWGP WORLD CHAMP. 

The match before saw Jericho defeat Naito for the IWGP IC Ttitle  

And the other night the CAPS won the Stanley Cup. What a ****in week. :)  

45754367-4D76-4666-8EC3-85D8540CCBDA.jpeg

7354C524-F2E5-4384-9CAF-A323EA328366.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2018 at 10:59 AM, The Evil Genius said:

RIP Nikolai Volkoff and to Grand Master Sexay Brian Christopher (aka Jerry Lawler's kid). No idea what demons Christopher had but suicide is awful. 

Damn I didn't know about Christopher :(

I remember him being estranged from Lawler (or something like that) way back when.

RIP Anvil. Half of the original Hart Foundation, and the 4th of the stable iteration (Owen, Pillman, British Bulldog). Christ. Poor Bret.

41 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Damn I didn't know about Christopher :(

I remember him being estranged from Lawler (or something like that) way back when.

RIP Anvil. Half of the original Hart Foundation, and the 4th of the stable iteration (Owen, Pillman, British Bulldog). Christ. Poor Bret.

I don't think Brian Christopher was ever estranged from Lawler. To be estranged  you would need a relationship in the first place. The story there is basically that Jerry divorced his kids' mom when they were young and had very little to do with them, despite the fact that they lived in either Memphis or Nashville their whole lives. Both kids still worshipped their dad though. Brian became a really good local wrestler. He would have had a huge career in the territory days. Kevin Lawler was too small to be a wrestler. (Frankly, Brian was too, but whatever). He came a referee and office guy. Jerry has admitted that he and Brian were more like friends in the locker room.

The whole Brian Christopher story will make you pretty much hate wrestling. He got into it really just to be close with his dad who I've come to accept as just an awful awful person. He got into steroids, because he needed to bulk up to get a job with Vince. Once he was with Vince, he fell into the trap of that locker room and got into drugs. He failed a drug test and got turfed. And he spent the next 15 years working indies trying to get back to the WWE. He had a big enough name to make a living on the indies. But the indies are not really a good place for an addict to spend his life. And now his carny dad is telling everyone that he doesn't believe that it was a suicide, because of course Brian Lawler's final act has to be a "work."

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, justice98 said:

The old "I was off for 9 months with nothing to do but rehab and work out" body.  Seth came back looked jacked too.

Dean always needed to hit the weights more.  

Also it's a requirement to come back with a new hairdo right?

Edited by The Evil Genius

But watching that return, I was immediately reminded of how lame his brawler moveset is, if he even has one.  

Kick, punch, repeat a few times, suicide dive, that dumb bouncing off the ropes clothesline thing, Dirty Deeds.  Go to the pay window. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

They definitely didn't test HHH when he came back from injury in 2002. Of course, they didn't test anybody ever back then when was wrestling was still fueled by steroids and cocaine and was awesome because of it.

Wait..you telling me Big Poppa Pump's transformation wasn't natural? ?

scott-steiner-e1507802968541.jpg

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Also it's a requirement to come back with a new hairdo right?

It is if you want to sell merch. I was listening to Jericho's podcast earlier with the Beer City Bruiser & Jericho specifically said every time he comes back he changes his hair style/trunks/tights etc just so they have to make a new action figure of him to keep current & they can't reuse the old previous mold. Depending on the percentage he gets off of them, that's actually a brilliant way to make a constant revenue stream.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, justice98 said:

If you could have merged tag team Scott Steiner with Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner, you would have the perfect pro wrestler.   

What was BPP Steiner's best match? 

I don't remember one. Hard to move around when you decide to make yourself so swoll you **** quarry rock. He could get down back in the day though. I remember "Big Poppa Pump" more for aesthetic reasons

I just remember a bunch of stiff punches and belly to bellies when it came to in ring  stuff

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I don't remember one. Hard to move around when you decide to make yourself so swoll you **** quarry rock. He could get down back in the day though. I remember "Big Poppa Pump" more for aesthetic reasons

I just remember a bunch of stiff punches and belly to bellies when it came to in ring  stuff

Yeah I barely remember anything other than Big Poppa. And when i was little, I loved him because it was all presentation. Huge bicep kiss, sunglasses, that head chainmail thing, hoochies...i was all in.