Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

The problem with bringing DX back is that HBK and HHH are both now in their 40's, and it just seems lame that two older guys are trying to be the voice of youth. When DX first came out, they were the young guys, standing up to the geysers and doing things their own way, now they are the older guys, so trying to recapture the same magic isn't going to work. Also, can you really be that excited about DX when they are just going to be wrestling people as uninteresting as the Spirit Squad?

The problem with bringing DX back is that HBK and HHH are both now in their 40's, and it just seems lame that two older guys are trying to be the voice of youth. When DX first came out, they were the young guys, standing up to the geysers and doing things their own way, now they are the older guys, so trying to recapture the same magic isn't going to work. Also, can you really be that excited about DX when they are just going to be wrestling people as uninteresting as the Spirit Squad?

I know that the whole purpose of OVW is develop young talent but I dont know if having a CHEERLEADER group be heels are the best way to use them now I do think they are talented but their GIMICK sux

Oh geez...DON'T get me started on the Spirit Squad:doh:

Please no, they are the lamest thing since Doink!

Does anyone else think that Vince is going to use ECW to try to get the fan's over on Cena, from what I read on the net he's stuck on trying to turn the fan's like what happenned with The Rock. After last night I think that's the case.

Please no, they are the lamest thing since Doink!

Does anyone else think that Vince is going to use ECW to try to get the fan's over on Cena, from what I read on the net he's stuck on trying to turn the fan's like what happenned with The Rock. After last night I think that's the case.

Yeah I do. And thirty minutes into the new ECW I'm not sure what to think about it just yet. Already seems like a bit to much WWE influence with the padded rail. As soon as I saw the Zombie, I knew someone was getting a squash match. Thanks Sandman. :)

Yeah I do. And thirty minutes into the new ECW I'm not sure what to think about it just yet. Already seems like a bit to much WWE influence with the padded rail. As soon as I saw the Zombie, I knew someone was getting a squash match. Thanks Sandman. :)

I think the first few weeks of the ECW show they are going to put WWE people on there to get WWE fans to tune in. Remember, Vince has to A) Convince old ECW fans to watch and B) Convince WWE fans to watch ANOTHER NIGHT of wrestling. I bet we don't see what ECW is really all about until Vengeance is over.

I think the first few weeks of the ECW show they are going to put WWE people on there to get WWE fans to tune in. Remember, Vince has to A) Convince old ECW fans to watch and B) Convince WWE fans to watch ANOTHER NIGHT of wrestling. I bet we don't see what ECW is really all about until Vengeance is over.

Yeah. I've been kinda thinking that as well. Hopefully after a month, the inter promotional crap will stop. This new show needs to be two hours long. That's one of the things I hate about TNA. An hour a week isn't enough time to flesh out the storylines they have going.

I'm not sure that having the ECW show with the Smackdown crowd is the right thing to do. Nothing like a true ECW crowd.

I thought the same thing. This isn't the right ECW crowd.

There also shouldn't be a video wall, nor should there be fireworks.

I think they'll get it right eventually, but we have to suffer through the beginning.....

I'm not sure that having the ECW show with the Smackdown crowd is the right thing to do. Nothing like a true ECW crowd.

So that's why the crowd sucks. Crap.

They can't even get a E-C-Dub chant going, let alone get it right.:doh:

Well, that was simply awful. First and foremost, Joey Styles has lost it or something. He was incredible in ECW, but tonight, he was annoying as hell. Or should I say "extremely" annoying. Tazz was his usual self, the crowd was terrible, (little kids in the front row WTF?!?), the "roster" has about ten people on it, Big Show, Angle, Cena, and Edge have no reason to be on the show. All the WWE stuff ruins it. If WWE is gonna do this right, they should just let ECW be ECW alone, with its own roster, and have nothing to do with the WWE. The production seemed to be too high quality as well. Zombies, Vampires!?!? This show was horrible. ECW was amazing, but this simply isn't ECW.

The other problem too is, you are asking a LOT of ECW fans to pay for a ticket to come to a one hour show of ECW, considering there are commercial breaks, that isn't giving an ECW fan very much for their money, cause I can guarntee ECW fans can give a crap about Smackdown.

At least with TNA they do 2-3 weeks worth of tapings in one night, so the crowd gets their money's worth.

instead of being obsessed with having a live show, Vince should just give ECW it's own night of taping and have them air the matches. They really should try to make the weekly show as authentic as possible.

Yeah. I've been kinda thinking that as well. Hopefully after a month, the inter promotional crap will stop. This new show needs to be two hours long. That's one of the things I hate about TNA. An hour a week isn't enough time to flesh out the storylines they have going.

the problem with 2 hours is Vince does not want another night of tapings so there for they are taping smackdown before ecw I dont know if you notice nut the girl that came out and did that waste of time strip teasewas standing on the smackdown set

I believe that eventually, the WWE will figure out that ECWWE won't work. They have to let it be it's own show, with it's own people, with their own arenas. Taping ECW before smackdown just doesn't work.

They have to finish off this brand vs brand stuff. But they've booked themselves into a corner. They have to get the WWE belt off of RVD before they can really do anything.

They also shouldn't make Kurt Angle or the Big Show the focus of ECW. If they dominate, then it looks like the ECW people are rejects who aren't worth our time.

The tie in with Sci-fi won't help either. That's why we had to see people like the Zombie & that Vampire. Even though I will again say that I didn't mind the Zombie (but I like horrible wrestlers, so that makes some sense)

I didn't have high hopes for last night, so I'm not dissapointed in what I saw. But last night's show wasn't an ECW show. Sunday night was more of an ECW show. The crowd plays a huge part in an ECW show. I used to drive down to Philly to catch the shows at the old ECW Arena. The small venues, the crowd chants, that's ECW.

You can't put 10 guys in ECW shirts in a ring with garbage cans & call it ECW. Once Vince figures that out, things should get better.......

I think once Paul E gets his creativity back things MIGHT get better But you also have NBC universal breathing down their necks

they were suposed to the show live last night but NBC universal didnt like what they saw from the crowd Sunday and FREAKED out once they realize this is ecwwe and not your typical ecw crowd they will lay off a bit

I hope ;)