Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Best Raw crowd I`ve seen since the Attitude Era maybe best ever.

Agreed. They are going full on Euro Soccer game. The chants. Singling Fandango's music. The wave.

Ryback loses his WM match and all the sudden is a main event contender? This is the problem. Didn't have him work up, go after some other belts on the way here.

Edited by Buford

:ols: :ols: :ols:

That heel turn went AWFUL for the WWE.

He turned and the crowd went nuts :ols:

I don't want to be that guy that complains about every small detail, but WWE should have known that the IZOD center was going to be filled with marks tonight. it's always been like this the day after 'Mainia for the last 10 years or so I have watched. The heel turn was good, but they could have built up for that and not waste it on the night after 'Mania.

Agreed. They are going full on Euro Soccer game. The chants. Singling Fandango's music. The wave.

Ryback loses his WM match and all the sudden is a main event contender? This is the problem. Didn't have him work up, go after some other belts on the way here.

It doesn't matter...he won't beat Cena. This will be another PPV match that he will lose. Cena will probably beat Punk's run and end the Undertaker streak at Wrestlemania XXX.

I will say this was better than wrestlemania. And wwe new season has started at least with a bang.

---------- Post added April-9th-2013 at 05:53 AM ----------

as i have doubts that Ziggy is not more than a transitional champion

( i said the same about Edge and that blew up in my face)

it was cool to see him go over

---------- Post added April-9th-2013 at 05:55 AM ----------

as i have doubts that Ziggy is not more than a transitional champion

( i said the same about Edge and that blew up in my face)

it was cool to see him go over

A few thoughts from last night.

Cena mocking the idea of a Heel turn with that crowd the night after WM was actually a funny idea. But that wasn't really a turn at all.

What's going to happen with the Taker now? I mean, usually after a WM he's just gone. Is this thing with the Shield for real?

Jericho......now there is a guy who I still think has one last strong championship run left in him. Probably won't get it. But I think he's still one of the best on the mic and in the ring.

Glad they gave that 8 person tag match that was cut from WM a spot last night. Sorry to see that the Rhodes Scholars are just jobbers. I think the Bellas have the potential to be really strong heels if the writing were better. Let THEM run that tag team and start having Rhodes and Sandow win.

I thought Christian would return last night. But having Dolph cash in was sweet. Now, keep that belt on him for awhile please, make him defend it, and have a handful of clean wins.

The super-smarky crowd at the post-WrestleMania Raw is my new favorite wrestling tradition. I still think last year's crowd was better with the constant 'Yes" chants, including the incredible "Si! Si! Si!" chant during the Del RIo match. That ending was kind of by the numbers, but you could have had a donkey attacking Cena and that crowd would have made it epic.

Some actual thoughts from last night:

-When Cena was dancing and then said, "Or maybe I should do a little heel turn" and moved his foot back and forth on the mat... It was the first time I've laughed at something Cena has said in quite a long time... That and the "Why do these people want to have sex with chocolate?" line. :ols:

-Ziggler cashing in

-Crowd humming Fandango's theme :ols:

-I think Undertaker is back to fill a void. No Rock, no Punk, no Trips... No true faces* (until the end of the night). I think he probably agreed to help out for a bit which is AWESOME.

-Ryback's face turn. I'm sure WWE wanted it to be a heel turn... However, Ryback got one of the loudest pops I've heard (aside from Rock's original return and Ziggler cashing in) when he meat hooked Cena and then held the belt over his head. It looked to me like Ryback going "heel" actually had the reverse effect... Ryback turned face and Cena went full blown heel :ols: I've been a fan of Ryback since he entered the WWE. FEED ME MORE! :ols:

-Best RAW in a LONG time. Which is strange, considering no part timers besides Taker were there. And on top of that, no Punk. (That's not a knock on Punk, more like amazement that the show went over without him).

The super-smarky crowd at the post-WrestleMania Raw is my new favorite wrestling tradition.

I agree. I will never buy another Wrestlemania again.

The last two Raw's have had EXCELLENT crowds! The fans need to keep it up.

Well the last two were in Washington, DC and New Jersey/New York. Next week's RAW takes place in Greenville, SC. So.... :whoknows:

Another thing about last night Raw just proves that Orton and/or Shaemus needs to go back heel again. I did feel sorry for them, that crowd was having none of it during their match. I loved the JBL and Randy Savage chants.

Edited by MLSKINS

Orton and Sheamus just had NO CHANCE with that crowd last night. We all turned on it about a minute in, yet they still put on a 12 minute match. Smiling babyfaces just was not going to work in that building. We all give Cena **** all the time, but he played along with the crowd. (Even more when the show went off the air). Orton and Sheamus just did not know how to handle a crowd that was not cheering their RKO's and Brouge Kicks

CM Punk was kept off Raw last night to sell his loss to The Undertaker at WrestleMania and because, as we reported, he was legitimately banged up after his bout on Sunday night and was given the night off to rest. As announced on Raw, Punk will return next week to address his loss at WrestleMania.

In other Raw news, the Rock's torn abdominal muscle is legitimate, and apparently he abruptly left the MetLife arena last night and flew back to NJ as soon as he learned of the injury to seek immediate treatment. The Rock is scheduled to begin shooting "Hercules" soon so it's likely he wanted medical attention as quickly as possible.

There was initial heat on The Rock as many WWE officials were unaware of his injury, although that heat seems to have died down since most are now aware that he is indeed hurt. There was, however, some internal grumbling that Rock could have at least come out on Raw to cut a promo. The scene at Raw prior to the show was described as chaotic because most of the creative team was not made aware of Rock's injury until the late afternoon, causing rewrites to be made hastily

Sounds like Rock informed some people, but that didn't get passed down the ladder. And it sounds like he is legit hurt... I didn't think he was the type to take his ball and go home. Rewatch the end of Mania, particularly when he leaves the ring and does to say hi to his family. You can tell he's in an immense amount of pain.

I think the content of the show itself was just okay' date=' but that crowd made the show. If that show had been in Omaha, it would have been death. The WWE cannot count on the crowd to carry the show every week.[/quote']

If they are smart, before the show goes live on TV, they need to show the crowd clips of last Monday and dare that group to top it.

What, dare the crowd to top another crowd? Have WWE fans completely lost it? Since when is it up to the fans to make the show? If the WWE put on a great show, the fans WILL respond.

Come on. You know what I mean. Of course the show can't suck. But the crowd was doing stuff without needing anything to react.

On another note, I think the Shield should introduce a new member. Paige from FCW with her Anti-Diva bit. She's already all in black.