Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Man, John Cena's promo was boring. :ols: I usually try to look at the bright side on things, but I can't even think of anything good about that. Cenacrats and Rockpublicans. Is that the best he can come up with? After that the show picked up. All the matches were decent. But I am not coughing up the 70 dollars to watch Wrestlemainia.

Man, John Cena's promo was boring. :ols: I usually try to look at the bright side on things, but I can't even think of anything good about that. Cenacrats and Rockpublicans. Is that the best he can come up with? After that the show picked up. All the matches were decent. But I am not coughing up the 70 dollars to watch Wrestlemainia.

That's the thing with Cena...

Even when Rock whiffs on a promo he still has the charisma to get the crowd to eat out of his palms... When Cena whiffs...

Well, last night happens when Cena whiffs.

That's probably the first Raw I've watched more than an hour of since the anniversary show back in the summer. I still think he wins at WrestleMania and all his kiddy fans and "Cenation" can rejoice.. If he does win, the next logical question is, what happens to The Rock? Is there really anyone else that he can feud with?

You browse some of these wrestling forums and you come across whiny ass dudes who think it's the Rock's duty to put over scrubs. I mean he can't just put over anybody... he's The Rock. So does he just kinda fade away like he did in '03-'04 again?

---------- Post added April-2nd-2013 at 11:08 AM ----------

Cenacrats and Rockpublicans.

:ols::ols: Wow

Edited by Mr. Sinister

I was there last night, club level section 201. Good seats for the event....thanks Lavar and Dukes. lol

The boring chants for Cena were AWESOME! They FILLED the arena.

Even though this may be the ****tiest Wrestlemania in some time, last nights episode was a hit with the live audience.

It has been pretty terrible, this whole CM Punk vs. Undertaker thing has been a snooze fest for me, i normally like the Undertaker but he needs to give it up and just walk away. The only reason I have been watching is because of Rock, but all the other feuds and stories and pretty pathetic.

If you guys think it sucks now what are you gonna do when all the part timers go back into hiding a couple months after Wrestlemania? Jericho is reportedly finishing up for a while. The Rock is signed on for Extreme Rules i believe, but that'll probably be it for him for some time. Lesnar's got about a year and a half left on that deal, so we should still see him to some degree. Trips will go back to being mostly behind the scenes. HBK is a novelty, i'm not even gonna include him in the discussion. Taker has a Smackdown appearance scheduled in London post Wrestlemania, but no word on whether or not he'll actually be on tv, or if it's just for the live audience. After that, he'll be finished up again for a year. I mean, if you think it's stale now it's gonna be really stale when all their big draws take a break.

Other than them all taking their respective hiatuses, the product isn't going to change much. So if you guys are ****ing now, I can't imagine how you'll feel about it in another 6 weeks. This is why I find interest in the Damien Sandow's and Johnny Curtis' of the world. They're the young guys that need to be pushed so the company can begin developing new stars. The Fandango gimmick is a hit....that guys getting legit heat everywhere. Three straight weeks he's gotten "you can't wrestle" chants. He's doing something right, even though the chants are preposterous. lol, Curtis can work.

But yeah, if you're hoping for some major changes i'd just save yourself the time and quit watching now. Nothing drastically different is going to happen with the product. Sure we all want that, but hoping for it is just like holding your breath. I wouldn't advise it.

If you guys think it sucks now what are you gonna do when all the part timers go back into hiding a couple months after Wrestlemania? Jericho is reportedly finishing up for a while. The Rock is signed on for Extreme Rules i believe, but that'll probably be it for him for some time. Lesnar's got about a year and a half left on that deal, so we should still see him to some degree. Trips will go back to being mostly behind the scenes. HBK is a novelty, i'm not even gonna include him in the discussion. Taker has a Smackdown appearance scheduled in London post Wrestlemania, but no word on whether or not he'll actually be on tv, or if it's just for the live audience. After that, he'll be finished up again for a year. I mean, if you think it's stale now it's gonna be really stale when all their big draws take a break.

Other than them all taking their respective hiatuses, the product isn't going to change much. So if you guys are ****ing now, I can't imagine how you'll feel about it in another 6 weeks. This is why I find interest in the Damien Sandow's and Johnny Curtis' of the world. They're the young guys that need to be pushed so the company can begin developing new stars. The Fandango gimmick is a hit....that guys getting legit heat everywhere. Three straight weeks he's gotten "you can't wrestle" chants. He's doing something right, even though the chants are preposterous. lol, Curtis can work.

But yeah, if you're hoping for some major changes i'd just save yourself the time and quit watching now. Nothing drastically different is going to happen with the product. Sure we all want that, but hoping for it is just like holding your breath. I wouldn't advise it.

I want the part times to go away. I feel that the WWE was flowing better when they didn't have to put these lame stories together for Mania. Nobody wants to see Lesnar/Triple H again. The same could be said for Rock/Cena II, but it's The Rock so they can get away with that.

They don't even have Cesaro on the card, Kofi Kingston is pretty much invisible. They broke up Rhode Scholars, and then brought them back again. Oh yeah, why in the world is the Diva's Title and US Title not on the line at Wrestlemania?

Punk seems to be in an Andy Kaufman phase where he is just trying to amuse himself. It feels like he is doing an impression of a bad Memphis heel right now with the urn stuff. I have no problem with using Paul Bearer's name in this feud. He was a lifer whose gimmick is perfect for this kind of "memorializing." There is nothing in bad taste about it. It's just lazy right now.

I think the general problem is that the WWE is now completely in its Harlem Globetrotters/Ice Capades phase. It's just this perpetual motion machine that comes to town once a year and is popular enough to sell out the big arenas and is cheap enough programming that it will always be on tv. The wrestlers, the storylines, etc don't really even seem to matter at this point. Wrestlemania is going to make them a fortune without anyone really giving a damn. Even ten years ago, they really had to try to sell the PPV. They had to give you year-long, well-crafted storylines or once in a lifetime dream matches.

Now, it's here's two guys. They are going to argue and then point at the sign. Send $70 please.

-If Taker loses wouldn't it make sense to just end it already? He's gotta be about done

-Fandago is a movie ticket site right lol?

- Am I the only one who just lost complete interest in watching anymore? I use to watch WWE shows straight to about senior year of high school(Went to live events and PPV at the Coliseum). Now I barely catch any of it.

Man they're ruining Cena. We know the guy has mic talent but he never gets to use it anymore. He was great when he wrote his own material,raps,etc

Can we get this Cena/ Rock thing over with? Honestly I thought it had lots of potential early on but then it became dull back and forth junk. Then the match ended up a boring way of Cena being ****y. Nothing come from that though. Funny enough it gets mentioned at that debate they had a few weeks ago. Now its become Rock with his title vs Cena restoring his pride. The whole thing started because they too pick fun at each other over movie careers/priorities. Now its I need my legacy vs I need redemption. Well Rock if you think you need a legacy than clearly you don't realize who you are. Cena, multiple time champ, wrestled the main event before and won, biggest influence on the company. My lord does anyone think that he'll be remember for the Rock thing? Do people think of Lesnar beating Rock at SummerSlam? No. WWE isn't going to make me believe that this match defines Cena legacy anymore than Rocks. Both Legacies are set and are future HOFers no doubt.

They need to go back to TV MA. At least feign that wrestling is real. Make the King a heel announcer again. Bring back hardcore matches, sex, and profanity.

It's been rehashed, but WWE needs healthy competition.

Man they don't have to do that. They just need to try harder and be creative. And stop trying to do things that make money and try to please their fans. That will make them some money.

They could start by going back to 2 hours for one, as they don't have anywhere near enough talent/creative savvy to pull that off. Then they should probably even do away with Smackdown, and put everyone on RAW, and get rid of all of the unnecessary belts. You could accomplish a fair amount just by doing that alone. That would be the first place I'd start, but I'm sure they wouldn't do that, because they know that people will still pay to watch crap.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

They need to go back to TV MA. At least feign that wrestling is real. Make the King a heel announcer again. Bring back hardcore matches, sex, and profanity.

I thought they would get a little edgier after Linda's Senate campaign. But I think they have decided that the kids are where the current money is. I think they tried to get the "edgy" audience while keeping the kids with Cena-Punk, but my guess is their numbers showed that didn't work.

Most of the "Attitude Era" audience would be in their mid 30s or older at this point. You aren't bringing those fans back if they have left.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

I'm hearing rumors that Cena will turn heel Sunday. From watching his promo this Monday, I think he will finally turn heel. When your #1 face recievers a chant of "BORING, BORING, BORING!!!", a change is desperately needed. That never happened to Hogan, Rhodes, Sting or Austin.