Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

I did get hyped for the DX Army (which is what I was expecting), but it kind of raised my expectations a bit too high when they started off like that. I'm also wondering whether or not the X-Pac/Trish thing was scripted. Dude looked like he hadn't slept in 3 days, plus his voice was hoarse. It was just a really uncomfortable looking scene...

It's good that they brought some of the older people back without stealing the spotlight from their current talent. Great show all in all. I do wish Austin would've showed up, at least to give McMahon one last Stunner, but it's all good.

---------- Post added July-23rd-2012 at 10:35 PM ----------

Yeah I thought Austin was coming to Stun Punk as well, since there have been rumblings that he's entertained the thought of facing off against him in the ring at some point.

---------- Post added July-23rd-2012 at 10:36 PM ----------

Yeah I thought Austin was coming to Stun Punk as well, since there have been rumblings that he's entertained the thought of facing off against him in the ring at some point.

Great episode. Putting Sandow in that huge spot with DX will be great for him down the line. They tried to do the same with the Kane/Taker thing and Mahal, McIntyre, Hawkins, Reks, Hunico, and Camacho. But it didn't come off quite as well imo. kinda hard to build up six guys at once when you know they're gonna get squashed by Taker and Kane. But the way they did it with Sandow was genius, it fit so perfectly. The intellectual savior coming down to cleanse a group of "degenerates"....you just knew he was gonna get his ass whipped. I honestly think DX put Sandow over....DX is already so over, i think that was Trips way of saying..."hey i don't bury EVERYONE"....until he's ready to that is, lol.

Miz winning the IC title....kinda mixed reaction from me on that one. Glad to see him win it, but didn't make a ton of sense after months and months of jobbing. I guess they want a title on him when he starts promoting for the Marine 3. Plus the win felt too clean....face turn for Miz possibly? I wanted to see Christian have a decent run with that strap, but he is 40 and he honestly should get back in the WHC scene anyway. I'd like to know what happened with him and Cody Rhodes? Haven't seen Cody since MITB...i guess they scrapped that angle and are working on something else for both of them.

Everything Rock did was great. The wedding was entertaining, didn't see AJ as GM coming. The stuff with Heath Slater/Lita/The APA/the legends was pretty good too. I really enjoyed the title match between Cena and Punk, I just wish they'd get Big Show the hell outta the picture all together. Doubt what we saw from Punk was a full blown heel turn being that he's got his new DVD coming out, he's on the cover of WWE '13, etc etc. I'd have to guess he'll be more of a "tweener" now. And the Brock/Heyman/Triple H/Stephanie segment was pretty good as well. Glad to see Triple H and Lesnar actually go after each other and mix it up a little bit.

All in all, great show. Gonna be hard to top next week when the legends aren't there to carry the show. However...i think they used some of the young guys absolutely right last night to help push them for the future off the heels of the 1,000th Raw. Should be interesting to see where they go from here....starting with Smackdown.

After seeing the how DX flowed together, How can they not think a few bigger stables wouldn't help? Its insane.

Are you referring to having some groups again? It would make sense, but they tried it with the Nexus and that was just ****. There isnt really any new angles to work with large groups anymore. All of them will be labeled NWO, DX, Horseman, etc. clones.

They almost are out of angles for large groups. The smart thing to do would be to scrap Smackdown (which wont happen cause its still a cash cow) and focus strictly on RAW and get rid of all the ****ing belts. And push the tag team titles again, aligning some power duos/trios. They really should focus on the old brand of WWE belts and have the WWE champion, Intercontinential champion, tag team champs, womans champion. Scrap all the WCW crap, you bought them out, now its time to absorb their titles and any mention of their former brand.

But honestly, until another company can even compete for ratings and go head to head with WWE, its going to be hard to come up with anything extremely exciting/new. I thought the show last night was great and I watch every week (mainly fast forwarding through crap matches) but without healthy competition, they dont have to step up the game anymore. And TNT, just doesnt cut it anymore.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Ha .TNT. :ols:

Last night was the best Raw I have seen in probably 8 years. :ols: Seriously though, I can't complain about anything. Even the weird part with Trsih and X-Pac was funny. But the best thing about last nights RAW was how it celebrated the past and set up the future.

Before Vince made AJ the GM, he said something like I am thinking about episode 1001 and I can't disagree with saying that is the best thing they could have did right now. Trying to get AJ to pump up the women's title would have been the logical choice, but cudos to them getting creative and have her keep in the big picture by being the GM. Shoot, maybe they can still have her still get the Divas title.

I like the ending of the title match too. CM Punk still has the title and Cena got the win. So they can still keep the win streak of cashing in the MITB going.

Punk clotheslined the mess out of The Rock on that people's elbow. :ols: But that was the big turn I was expecting yesterday. I like what Drop said about him releasing the DVD and the game and whatnot, but I don't think the sells will be affected that much if he was a full heel. But right now, I do think he keeps the belt all the way up to the Royal Rumble until he loses to The Rock.

---------- Post added July-24th-2012 at 09:22 AM ----------

Ha .TNT. :ols:

Last night was the best Raw I have seen in probably 8 years. :ols: Seriously though, I can't complain about anything. Even the weird part with Trsih and X-Pac was funny. But the best thing about last nights RAW was how it celebrated the past and set up the future.

Before Vince made AJ the GM, he said something like I am thinking about episode 1001 and I can't disagree with saying that is the best thing they could have did right now. Trying to get AJ to pump up the women's title would have been the logical choice, but cudos to them getting creative and have her keep in the big picture by being the GM. Shoot, maybe they can still have her still get the Divas title.

I like the ending of the title match too. CM Punk still has the title and Cena got the win. So they can still keep the win streak of cashing in the MITB going.

Punk clotheslined the mess out of The Rock on that people's elbow. :ols: But that was the big turn I was expecting yesterday. I like what Drop said about him releasing the DVD and the game and whatnot, but I don't think the sells will be affected that much if he was a full heel. But right now, I do think he keeps the belt all the way up to the Royal Rumble until he loses to The Rock.

Are you referring to having some groups again? It would make sense, but they tried it with the Nexus and that was just ****. There isnt really any new angles to work with large groups anymore. All of them will be labeled NWO, DX, Horseman, etc. clones.

They almost are out of angles for large groups. The smart thing to do would be to scrap Smackdown (which wont happen cause its still a cash cow) and focus strictly on RAW and get rid of all the ****ing belts. And push the tag team titles again, aligning some power duos/trios. They really should focus on the old brand of WWE belts and have the WWE champion, Intercontinential champion, tag team champs, womans champion. Scrap all the WCW crap, you bought them out, now its time to absorb their titles and any mention of their former brand.

But honestly, until another company can even compete for ratings and go head to head with WWE, its going to be hard to come up with anything extremely exciting/new. I thought the show last night was great and I watch every week (mainly fast forwarding through crap matches) but without healthy competition, they dont have to step up the game anymore. And TNT, just doesnt cut it anymore.

Nexus almost got over but it was kind of mess. DX stayed DX for a long time. You need some established guys in there. New stables.

I just watched the Heath Slater bit online and two things stood out.

#1. Lita looks awesome and right away would be a top female. WWE needs her more than the other way around.

#2. Bradshaw's clothesline was nasty. The dude still has that power.

I agree about the belts thing. That may have worked in the past when their roster was loaded, but not now. It looks retarded as hell when you have the World champ and WWE champ on the same show.

And as far as the stable thing is concerned, I don't think they can be successful without the right mix of guys that can really really work the mic, and guys that can wrestle their asses off, or have some characteristic in regard to their particular style, that keeps the audience captivated. Plus it doesn't really seem like the WWE would allow for a little controversy/over the top language/violence, etc nowadays, which would make things harder, especially for a heel stable.

I wasn't around for the Nexus stuff, so I can't really say what went wrong there.

Bradshaw's clothesline on Slater and Punks clothesline on Rock were both epic. Bradshaw and Punk looked like they threw their bodies into it and it looked perfect... And Slater and Rock sold those clothesline like beasts. Excellent work from all four guys. That was pretty.

I thought Punk's clothesline on Rock was kinda weak myself. JBL's was legendary.

And speaking of Slater....i know he's been jobbed out forever...especially with this legends bit he's been doing. But interest in him is probably higher now than it will be again for quite some time and i think WWE should capitalize on it by putting the US strap on him. First off...if the Miz can job for months then beat Christian for the IC title (which is actually a relevant title mind you), then surely Slater can bring some heat and credibility to the US title. WWE is treating the title like a joke, and Santino simply isn't doing anything with it. I mean, he was throwing dolls out to the crowd last night.

If they put the strap on Slater, allow him to build some momentum, embody that naturally annoying heel he is minus the comedy crap....i think he could really get that title on the right track. He could feud with guys like Gabriel, Kidd, Sin Cara, Alex Riley, Mason Ryan etc....eventually opening the door for one of those other young, talented in ring performers (lol ok maybe not Mason Ryan in that aspect), to take the Belt from Slater and give the people something to cheer about. I mean the belt has been useless since Dolph dropped it. It got old on him, Zack Ryder had it for 15 minutes, Jack Swagger did nothing for the belt and likewise it did nothing for him.

I just don't see a better time than now to put the US title on an up and coming heel. And i mean really, who else is there? Jinder Mahal, Hunico, Camacho, Drew McIntyre....these are the heels who are on that level right now. Even the US title would be a step back for Tensai, and he ain't doing ****. Slater for US Champ baby...i say make it happen.

If they plan on having Sandow go after it, i hope he wins it and throws it in the damn garbage. That belt is beneath him right now. They should be aiming him towards the IC title. But if his first reign comes as US Champ i guess it wouldn't be the end of the world. I just personally think he's got to much talent to be screwing around with that lousy piece of tin until someone who's been around a while restores some credibility to it.

Edited by Drop

In the NWA days the United States Champion was the number #1 contender for the NWA title. They should have the United States champion be the number 1 contender to the World heavyweight title and the IC be the number 1 contender to the wwe title.

Edited by Gallen5862

In the NWA days the United States Champion was the number #1 contender for the NWA title. They should have the United States champion be the number 1 contender to the World heavyweight title and the IC be the number 1 contender to the wwe title.

Nah, cuz that means any title change means the champion is holding two belts. I always found it odd when a champ would lose, say, the IC title to someone but then keep the WWE title.

The WWE needs mid card guys. They just don't have guys like Mr. Perfect nowadays... He LIVED in the IC division and he was one of the best wrestlers on the roster. But he took pride in the IC title. Same thing with Piper (not that he lived for the IC title, but he was content to be mid card/part time main eventer).

I know i'm not the only one who doesn't care in the least about the IC title or the US title. And when I was little, the IC title was SWEET. Nowadays, scrubs hold it. There are TOO MANY belts. The IC title should be what the World Heavyweight Title is, to be honest. It's obviously the second tier world title.

12 Stars Who Could Join the NWO

On Twitter, Kevin Nash was claiming the NWO was going to return.

Was he just having fun? Trying to fool people? Maybe had too many glasses of wine?

WWE has hinted at a New World Order reunion in the past (during the last DX run), only to have nothing come of it. The death of the group happened just over 10 years ago, so maybe the time would be right to give it another chance.

While it’s still unlikely, a new NWO is fun to think about. But who would be the new members of the legendary stable?

It's safe to say that WWE probably wouldn't be bringing back The Disciple and Vincent to join the group, so there's plenty of open spots.

There are a lot of talented acts in WWE who could use a big storyline to help their character, and would be a great fit for a new version of the NWO.

But there are even more wrestlers who just wouldn't fit in. The New World Order had an anti-authority, edgy feel to it in WCW, so guys like Santino and Hornswoggle probably wouldn't be welcome to join.

There were many members of the original NWO. A few were quite successful, and their time in the group propelled them to new levels. Alongside the listed wrestler, I've paired up his or her counterpart from the original black and white.

Here are 12 members, some obvious, some a little strange, who could create an exciting NWO for a new era of fans and make WWE television Too Sweeeeeeeeet.

More from the link.

Can someone explain to me why AJ being made GM matters?

She has been getting some (no pun intended) crazy attention during the past months. Instead of giving he a big push in the women's wrestling division, they make her GM. That way she can remain relevant for a longer period. I think the move was brilliant.

More from the link.

I hate when the WWE tries to do nWo reincarnations. However, the person that wrote that article is really on to something.

I would ABSOLUTELY tune in for that. The best part of that article is that as they went down the line of characters with the similarities I got more and more into the idea, until I finally saw CM Punk paired up with Scott Hall. That's when I knew who the next person would be, and I was sold.

You know... an nWo with Punk, Show, Cena, Miz, Ziggler could be interesting.

I could see how Cena joins, too.

Wrestlemania 29. Rock vs. Cena.

Ref goes down, nWo comes down to attack Cena... Cena squares off to fight them, Rock staggers to his feet... nWo beats down Rocky. Cena stares at them in disbelief... looks around the crowd like he doesn't know what to do.. while Rock regains his footing... Cena gets his fist ready, as if ready to fight off the nWo with The Rock... F-U! To Rock... 1-2-3! New WWE Champion. Cena and the nWo celebrate. Hulk Hogan all over again.

Or something to that effect.

Personally I hope the nWo stays dead. It was great in the 90's. When it was brought back around '00, it sucked. When It brought into WWE, it pretty much sucked, mainly after the WrestleMania storyline between Hogan/Rock ended.

I'm all for good stables, and I'm all for Cena being apart of a heel stable, but I just think that it should not be the nWo. I am of the opinion that if a heel stable is brought out, and should be taken seriously, Punk and Miz absolutely have to be a part of it.

Personally I hope the nWo stays dead. It was great in the 90's. When it was brought back around '00, it sucked. When It brought into WWE, it pretty much sucked, mainly after the WrestleMania storyline between Hogan/Rock ended.

I'm all for good stables, and I'm all for Cena being apart of a heel stable, but I just think that it should not be the nWo. I am of the opinion that if a heel stable is brought out, and should be taken seriously, Punk and Miz absolutely have to be a part of it.

Normally I agree that a stable should stay "dead". That said, NO stable has more heel power than the nWo. They have the stigma. You don't have to work to achieve the name. It makes sense. Especially the first time that music hits. Fans WILL get out of their seats.

I starting to agree with you KDawg. At first I was like, this clown needs to shut his mouth. :silly:

But after watching some old NWO vidoes, the fans used to really react to that stuff. Besides, most of the WWE fans don't know about the NWO.

I like your idea of having Punk, Show, Cena, Miz, Ziggler, but I would replace Ziggler with Dean Ambrose. Ambrose would fit in nicely with that group. I am not to big on the Big Show being in the group, but he is the best big dude left with mic skills. Unless Mark Henry comes back a little healthier.

But if they did do that, they would have to get rid of the brand extension for good.

Oh yeah, it would be enough Superstars left for them to compete with

Rey

Orton

Shaemus

Triple H

Kane

Kofi

Truth

Del Rio

Sandow

Rhodes

etc.