Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

I think Vince still has some beef with his Southern accent. JR hasn't been doing commentary on Raw, but he's been calling a few matches on FCW/NXT with Regal, and once the two "shows" merge (which I'm pretty excited about), I think he has a permanent role calling the action with Regal. I know there's some examples of some fantastic Antonio Cesaro FCW matches on youtube. I'd grab examples, but I'm pressed for time.
Vince seems to hate JR - yet he constantly keeps him employed. Vince is insane' date=' it should be noted.

I know he's not a fan of the Southern accent, because Vince hates rasslin'. I also know that he didn't like putting JR on tv when the Bells' Palsy was acting up.[/quote']

I did not know that. Wow

JR/King were money. Since I was like 10 when he came back after Wrestlemania XV when hi sface was completely jacked, I honestly didn't put too much thought into it, which would lead me to believe that a lot of other kids didn't as well. I remember there being some kind of storyline where JR himself kind of brought it up. That's crazy though. This is the first time that I've ever heard something like that.

Well it looks like they are finally about to set Dolph free after what happened with him, Swagger, and Vickie Guerrero on Monday night. It has been long overdue.

As far as Kofi, I don't know why they haven't put him over. I hope it has nothing to do with this:

If it does than the WWE is dumber than we thought. :doh:

I really do think that feud with Orton was one of the biggest reasons that Kofi got pushed back so significantly. Orton was obviously incensed at Kofi, and they haven't done anything major after that. Incredibly unfortunate, because that feud was getting so good at the point, with Kofi and Orton's brawl at MSG. Kofi hasn't really been involved in a major storyline and if they still wanted to, he could be a pretty big player for them if not in the mid-card, but he's stuck in tag team limbo. He's an underrated talker and it's unfortunate they don't give him the chance to breakout.

I really, really thought there was something special about Kofi since his ECW days, and was really glad when he dropped the awful Jamaican accent. Now, I just don't think they'll let him break out. But then again, Orton did just get suspended for a while, so you never really know...

Man, I really want an alternative wrestling promotion to WWE. TNA is not the answer, nor is ROH these days, unfortunately.

I'm starting to believe that they are just focusing on dumb kids who beg their parents to buy them PPV's and Cena t-shirts.

@WWE opening and closing with a DOA Cole storyline? Its like you're begging us to stop watching. Don't bother with the job performance stuff

There is a simple, mathematical formula to explain why ratings are tankings:

RA x R (JC + L) = +Rat

RA - R (JC - L) = -Rat

Where:

RA = RAW

R = Rock

JC = Cena

L = Lesnar

You can say it all you want about wanting fresh faces, but those fresh faces aren't going to get anywhere without all the major draws around. I want fresh faces, too. But no one is watching them without the big names.

I see what you are saying KD, but if The Rock started becoming popular around this time, not even he can capitalize what this creative team is doing. It's like they gave up on purpose tonight because the Thunder/Spurs game was on. That show had a vibe of **** it. The don't need fresh faces, or big names, they just need so freakin' common sense....

At thi spoint, I honestly don't think even the Rock coming back would make me want to watch, at least live...

I mean who's he going to work with?

Cena again?

Brock?

Taker?

I shur to think of what would happen if he were to be put in a storyline with anyone else.

I see what you are saying KD, but if The Rock started becoming popular around this time, not even he can capitalize what this creative team is doing. It's like they gave up on purpose tonight because the Thunder/Spurs game was on. That show had a vibe of **** it. The don't need fresh faces, or big names, they just need so freakin' common sense....

But would this creative team the Rock riff like he did then? He's earned the right and they let him do it now, but why not let Punk shoot more? Why does everything have to be so scriped as was pointed out earlier in the thread? It's like taking Eddie Van Halen and making him play jazz instead of rock.

But would this creative team the Rock riff like he did then? He's earned the right and they let him do it now, but why not let Punk shoot more? Why does everything have to be so scriped as was pointed out earlier in the thread? It's like taking Eddie Van Halen and making him play jazz instead of rock.

Yeah, that is what I mean by common sense. I understand they want to appeal to the kids and parents, but even kids can smell crap when it is around them.

I could see Rock and Punk maybe teaming up for a little bit, but I can't really see them going against each other. I haven't watched Raw in a couple weeks, but it seems like he's (Punk) lost some of his luster as well.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

The whole thing is garbage. Its like they need to do what comic books do every few years. A full reboot of their characters as if the previous storylines don't matter anymore.

My thought is to give each employee a score for different skill sets.

#1. Mic Skills

#2. In Ring Skills

#3. Look

#4. Crowd reception

and probably a handful more than that. Then you decide that at any given time you need at least a combined score of X points to be on live T.V.. If a wrestler doesn't have the skills on the mic, then you need to add in a manager with those skills to help carry them. That way you get more characters on T.V. at the time, and you have a formula for not allowing somebody like Jack Swagger to have the Mic. They handle him and Dolph well by using Vicki. Meanwhile, Rosa Mendes might be hot, but she can't talk. "Big Johnny" sucks on the Mic, and he's the GM? If he can't perform better like that, then he's a liability. He looks like he's reading a script. Get me a better boss-heel type.

The show is about to go 3 hours. They need to use that extra hour to push lesser cared about belts, bring back the cruiser belt for the high flyers, and damnit....fix this awful tag division.

Can somebody enlighten me on how exactly Kofi 'botched' that match? I'm watching it without sound at work...

It's been debated.

Some say Orton was pissed because Kofi sold Dibiase's move to get Kofi off of Orton in the corner. Which, in that case makes it Dibiase's botch in my eyes, but I guess Orton is said to have taken it out on Kofi because he thought Kofi should have had more sense than to sell the move. In other words, he was mad at Kofi because he sold Dibiase's attack when he shouldn't have, making it look unbelievable to the fans.

The other explanation i've heard is that Orton wanted to go for the skull punt, and Kofi got up too soon. Orton pushed him down and Kofi got up again which drove Randy nuts. He had to do his fist pounding taunt quickly while Kofi was already on his feet, then hit him with a less than forgiving RKO. Watch the way Orton quickly jerks his head in frustration right before he hits it.

Those are the only explanations i've heard for it anywas. I'll tell ya something though, Kofi's a professional laying there listening to Orton's little hissy fit. I can't believe dude threw a tantrum like that in the ring....he's been known to be a freakin' hot head.

Edited by Drop

It's been debated.

Some say Orton was pissed because Kofi sold Dibiase's move to get Kofi off of Orton in the corner. Which, in that case makes it Dibiase's botch in my eyes, but I guess Orton is said to have taken it out on Kofi because he thought Kofi should have had more sense than to sell the move. In other words, he was mad at Kofi because he sold Dibiase's attack when he shouldn't have, making it look unbelievable to the fans.

The other explanation i've heard is that Orton wanted to go for the skull punt, and Kofi got up too soon. Orton pushed him down and Kofi got up again which drove Randy nuts. He had to do his fist pounding taunt quickly while Kofi was already on his feet, then hit him with a less than forgiving RKO. Watch the way Orton quickly jerks his head in frustration right before he hits it.

Those are the only explanations i've heard for it anywas. I'll tell ya something though, Kofi's a professional laying there listening to Orton's little hissy fit. I can't believe dude threw a tantrum like that in the ring....he's been known to be a freakin' hot head.

I tend to go with that one. The feud was coming to an end and the best way for it to had ended was Orton punting Kofi. Yes, Kofi did mess up, but Orton didn't have to react in the manner that he did. That is why I think Kofi hasn't gotten a push. It is some bull because that happened like three years ago.

I think a Rock vs CM Punk program would be sweet. But I don't think The Rock could hang on the mic. :D

that's really saying something there. I know I would sure be interested in seeing him try. They've pretty much set it up with the promos that Punk cut last year calling him "Dwyane" and the biggest ass kisser. That would be a hell of a feud.

I still don't get it with CM Punk. He seems like a good guy, a skilled wrestler, but he's excruciatingly monotone and bores me to death. I've always been completely and utterly perplexed as to why people mention him when it comes to having the best mic skills. I could list tons of wrestlers who drew me in more than he does.

I still don't get it with CM Punk. He seems like a good guy, a skilled wrestler, but he's excruciatingly monotone and bores me to death. I've always been completely and utterly perplexed as to why people mention him when it comes to having the best mic skills. I could list tons of wrestlers who drew me in more than he does.

Naw, dude is a beast. He might be in the same mold as Edge where he is better suited as a heel, but he could do either or and get the crowd to react. That is all you want in a wrestler...

I think Punk is far better suited as a heel. If he embraced his straight edge persona and rolled with it as 'hate-edge', he could really get heat from the fans. Search on youtube "CM Punk just OWNED a fan!" - from back in his early days.

edit: possible NSFW language in that video...

Edited by RVAbrendan

That new ECW DVD that just came out, GO GET IT. Disc 1 has a TV Title match, outdoors, between Dean Malenko & Eddie Guerrero that makes RAW look like you're watching bass fishin on the couch on a lazy Saturday afternoon.ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz