Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

I don't completely agree with everything on there, but most of those things need to happen.

agreed, Not all of them. Probably don't need a female tag division unless you get more women who can perform beyond looking hot.

Stuff like bringing back the light heavyweight division, stables, putting the mask on kane, and especially the hotshotting makes a ton of sense. Its a soap opera, on the daytime soaps that are on daily...it can take months for a story to develop. They move too fast in the WWE.

agreed, Not all of them. Probably don't need a female tag division unless you get more women who can perform beyond looking hot.

Stuff like bringing back the light heavyweight division, stables, putting the mask on kane, and especially the hotshotting makes a ton of sense. Its a soap opera, on the daytime soaps that are on daily...it can take months for a story to develop. They move too fast in the WWE.

The Diva tag thing is dumb. I mean how many people really even care about the Diva division? Sure they are nice to look at, but I don't think people would complain if they just went away.

I did like the stables idea. Definitely need more of that.

Didn't like the idea of titles only be defended on PPV though. It gives people a reason to watch Raw besides the storylines.

I hate stables. HATE THEM. Why? Because usually they are stupid. Sure, there are a few exceptions (DX, the 4 Horsemen, NWO, perhaps the Nation of Domination)...but I guess I am one of the few who really despises them.

I think some have been really dumb when you don't have guys going after different titles. When DX had HHH, the New Age Outlaws, X-pac.....that's when it was best to me because all the guys had different goals. I think that's how it needs to be. A strong stable has

- A guy going for the World Title

- A tag team who only wrestle together or with the smaller guy in special tag matches

- A female manager or "diva"

- A smaller guy who goes after the I.C. or cruiserweight belt and sometimes with the tag team guys

Then you keep them together for awhile, advance a storyline and don't allow for any of them to turn on each other for a long time.

Looking at the current roster. I think you could probably put together somewhere between 4-6 stables giving many more people TV time weekly without them performing on TV every time.

I think some have been really dumb when you don't have guys going after different titles. When DX had HHH, the New Age Outlaws, X-pac.....that's when it was best to me because all the guys had different goals. I think that's how it needs to be. A strong stable has

- A guy going for the World Title

- A tag team who only wrestle together or with the smaller guy in special tag matches

- A female manager or "diva"

- A smaller guy who goes after the I.C. or cruiserweight belt and sometimes with the tag team guys

Then you keep them together for awhile, advance a storyline and don't allow for any of them to turn on each other for a long time.

Looking at the current roster. I think you could probably put together somewhere between 4-6 stables giving many more people TV time weekly without them performing on TV every time.

Sounds alot like DX lol. But you can't tell me WWE wasn't great when you had DX against the Nation of Domination. Or DX against the Corporation. or DX against the Corporate Ministry.

For every good stable though, there are probably 10 stupid ones that were created and failed, epically.

The Oddities!

Seriously though, when pulled off well, stables are brilliant. Look at the Hart Foundation, DX (you can't tell me they didn't help slingshot wrestling onto another level), NWO, etc.

Something else I miss - legit managers. Remember when Jim Cornette would have like 7 wrestlers he would walk out with? DiBiase as well.

Sounds alot like DX lol. But you can't tell me WWE wasn't great when you had DX against the Nation of Domination. Or DX against the Corporation. or DX against the Corporate Ministry.

Its totally like DX V2.0, and I think that worked well. It gave people a rival on the other team. But didn't make them face off all the time.

I forgot about the Corporate Ministry. That was so weird.

Its totally like DX V2.0, and I think that worked well. It gave people a rival on the other team. But didn't make them face off all the time.

I forgot about the Corporate Ministry. That was so weird.

The Corporate Ministry was awesome. They had great entrance music.

Something else I miss - legit managers. Remember when Jim Cornette would have like 7 wrestlers he would walk out with? DiBiase as well.

Which was one of the few things I agreed with in that previous article. Michale Cole would be the **** as a manager. Shane McMahon would have made a good one too, back in the day.

Edited by The Evil Genius

Am I the only one who likes ADR? You're all just jealous cause none of you have a personal ring announcer.

and Ricardo Rodriguez snuck into HHH's office, and texted Kevin Nash. Either that, or ADR paid Steph or Lauranitis to do it.....

No, i really dig his in ring skill and some of his promos but he really laid an egg on Monday when they gave him his time to gloat. I still say his best was the show in Canada when he started complaining about all of the dirty border jumpers trying to sneak in to the US from Canada.

Del Rio is awesome. His gimmick is some what fresh, and he gets over fairly well.

Personally, I'm sick of newcomers with lame names, Ed Hardy shirts, and mall-rock entrance music.

Eh to me Del Rio is a Spanish JBL....he comes out in the car, ****y, etc....I prefer Christian....and CM punk two very original guys

HHH has a history of burying wrestlers in an attempt for himself to remain in the spotlight, Has HHH ruined a great angle by placing himself as the center of attention and having CM Punk fued with Kevin Nash? The Cena/Punk rivalry was headed in a great direction and IMO would have eventually led to a much needed Cena heel turn. I don't understand why the powers that be instead, started a fued between ADR and Cena. Is it because the WWE is heading to Mexico? Or is it because they are doing everything in their power to keep Cena in a face role? Just a few thoughts that I wanted to throw out there and see what everyone else was thinking...

I thought tonight was great. Nash is the man, period. Loved at the end when he screwed CM Punk out of the #1 contenders match. Although, I'm sick of Cena and would rather have a Punk/Del Rio match at the next PPV. Overall, I think they are going in the right direction. More language is back, with much needed "attitude" and the screw jobs are starting to come back, I miss that, that's old school. Right now its catching my attention again.

WWE News: Revival of Cruiserweight Division Would Breathe New Life into WWE

CM Punk’s verbal rampage over the last several months cut the WWE hierarchy to the bone, and serious changes are coming, especially to what was the WWE cruiserweight division.

There have been rumors circulating that the WWE brass has taken serious steps towards bringing more cruiserweight talent into the federation with a possibility of bringing back another division.

The moniker of cruiserweight division may be negative to the WWE, but a simple title name change would solve any issues. With the success of TNA’s X-Division, the WWE is starting to look at that style as a new wave in the business that they need to conquer.

Rajah.com is reporting talk inside the WWE of an improved cruiserweight division:

WWE officials have had discussions as of late regarding acquiring cruiserweight talent. A full-fledged revival of the cruiserweight division, however, has not been confirmed. The belief is that cruiserweight talent would give Evan Bourne or Sin Cara more similarly styled opponents to work with not to mention that the quality of wrestling would strengthen the organization's undercard.

With the talk of improving the tag division and now the recent improvements in the Women’s division, the idea that the WWE will do something with their cruiserweight division is a legitimate one.

more after the jump

Flair is a disaster, but I'm not sure that story really needed to be told. Particularly on a site like Grantland that originally seemed to be striving to being a sort of online New Yorker of Sports.

I also hate the headline. Flair is not The Ram. Flair is still making a quarter of a million a year to wrestle at age 62. Flair should be worth close to $50 million, I would think. There are guys like Ricky Morton make $100 a weekend in the indies trying to pay off debts they accumulated 25 years ago when they were making $100K a year. Flair is more like Redd Foxx or Willie Nelson whose objective was to finally be cornered by their creditors the day of their funeral.

Flair's biggest problem is that I don't think he ever really expected to still be alive at this point. Which is sad in a completely different way.

This should be it's own thread, but is Grantland the worst thing ever or is it just me?

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother