Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Just thought I'd put this here :ols:

Edit: Wow...Marlena & Sunny. Schwing! Anybody remember the first Shotgun Saturday Night where Marlena flashed Golddust's opponent (and the crowd)? Raunchy WWF was the best.

Shotgun Saturday Night was the best. It got even better once Brian Pillman became a regular on the show, dude was an absolute riot. That's why I always say that the " Attitude Era" kind of started in '96, with guys like Goldust, Mankind, Pillman, and the emergence of Steve Austin. That was back when Goldust used to practically molest his opponents in the ring.

Shotgun Saturday Night was sort of an experiment by the WWF, just to see how people would react when they saw more suggestive storylines, lewd behavior, and outrageous matches. I ****ing loved it. I remember that episode where Jeff Jarrett KO'd Ahmed Johnson with the guitar, and Goldust gave him " mouth to mouth" while he was on the stretcher. He got up, and just went ballistic, and ended up plowing some dude through a wall. :ols:

I also remember The Undertaker in a No holds Barred match with someone, where it ended with him Tombstoning them down an escalator. God I loved that show, probably 3x as much as I loved the old Monday Night Raw that came on back then, and only ran for an hour or so.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Last night's X-Division match was impressive. Very entertaining match.

And the Sting thing is growing on me.

I still haven't been paying attention to TNA that much, but if they have the rematch of the Samoa Joe/Chris Daniels/AJ Styles triple threat for the next PPV, that would actually be very intriguing.

I still haven't been paying attention to TNA that much, but if they have the rematch of the Samoa Joe/Chris Daniels/AJ Styles triple threat for the next PPV, that would actually be very intriguing.

They have been having a renewed focus on the X Division recently and have had some really good matches over the last few weeks. I watched a lot of early TNA, so I enjoyed last night's match with Low Ki, Bentley and Yang as well as recent matches involving Kid Kash and Austin Aries.

They have been having a renewed focus on the X Division recently and have had some really good matches over the last few weeks. I watched a lot of early TNA, so I enjoyed last night's match with Low Ki, Bentley and Yang as well as recent matches involving Kid Kash and Austin Aries.

I've been trying to watch a little of it over the last few weeks, but I keep catching the end. I think one of the episodes eneded where Samoa Joe was fighting some dude in a bar, and another one ended with Kurt Angle stomping out Jeff Jarrett on a bridge. It'd be fun to see those guys in the ring again. I haven't seen Kurt Angle wrestle since '04, and I haven't seen Sting wrestle since he was with WCW in 1999

I've been trying to watch a little of it over the last few weeks, but I keep catching the end. I think one of the episodes eneded where Samoa Joe was fighting some dude in a bar, and another one ended with Kurt Angle stomping out Jeff Jarrett on a bridge. It'd be fun to see those guys in the ring again. I haven't seen Kurt Angle wrestle since '04, and I haven't seen Sting wrestle since he was with WCW in 1999

Angle's still got it. He is still one of the best in the business. I think he had been off TV for a few weeks but he came in and made the save for Sting last night.

And TheCool47, they are having a four corners match between Daniels, Styles, Van Dam and Jerry Lynn next week on Impact. It is impossible for that not to be entertaining.

Angle's still got it. He is still one of the best in the business. I think he had been off TV for a few weeks but he came in and made the save for Sting last night.

I've always had a lot of respect for Kurt Angle, I think he has the talent to be one of the greatest wrestlers of all time, and I haven't seen him westle in awhile, but I'm sure that people are probably already saying that now. He is the perfect wrestler. He could get technical/mat wrestle, or could be a straight up brawler. He, like HBK ( though obviously not to that level), could have a great match with anyone. I think his rivalry with Chris Benoit was probably one of the greatest rivalries in the history of the WWE

That's awesome about the fatal four way.

As for Kurt, it seemed like he kinda lost it after leaving the WWE, and runs his mouth with ridiculous statements that make him sound bitter. Also, the DUI's and stuff. But, in his age, while he's past his prime, is still a good wrestler. Good, not great. The last match of Angle's I saw was when he was facing Yuji Nagata, which was a very refreshing match. I'll probably record Impact next week just for the four way, probably won't watch anything else. A full show of Impact is hard to sit through, even on DVR.

That's awesome about the fatal four way.

As for Kurt, it seemed like he kinda lost it after leaving the WWE, and runs his mouth with ridiculous statements that make him sound bitter. Also, the DUI's and stuff. But, in his age, while he's past his prime, is still a good wrestler. Good, not great. The last match of Angle's I saw was when he was facing Yuji Nagata, which was a very refreshing match. I'll probably record Impact next week just for the four way, probably won't watch anything else. A full show of Impact is hard to sit through, even on DVR.

I am sure a messy divorce (although, to be honest, it might have only been messy in the storylines) didn't help either.

Plus, I can't imagine having my ex-wife end up marrying a co-worker. Creepy.

Edited by The Evil Genius

Angle-Benoit at the RR was match of the eyar (of course, it helped that it followed the atrocious Steiner-HHH match.

As far as Steiner/Triple H is concerned, I have never seen that many belly to belly suplexes in my life. It's gotta be hard as hell to move around with all that muscle. It was almost painful watching Steiner wrestle, and the funny thing about it was that he was ridiculously, and undeservedly hyped before his return in '02. I could never understand that ****. I never thought that he was anywhere near a top tier guy, at least as a singles wrestler.

What an awesome week of wrestling! That was the best Raw ending in years. Impacts reunion with RVD and Jerry Lynn was great and Stings new character is a long time coming. Highlight of the show was seeing Hogan have those vitamins shoved down his throat...classic

Anyone checking out Destination X tonight? I'm kinda torn on whether or not to get it, looks like a weak card overall:

Abyss © vs. Brian Kendrick

- For the X Division championship

Christopher Daniels vs. AJ Styles

Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn

Samoa Joe vs. Kazarian

Austin Aries vs. Zema Ion vs. Low Ki vs. Jack Evans

- 4 way match, winner gets a TNA contract

Alex Shelley vs. Robbie E vs. Shannon Moore vs. Amazing Red

- Ultimate X match, winner becomes #1 contender for X Division title

Doug Williams vs. TBD

- Open challenge

The 4 way match will probably be the highlight of the card because if you've been watching Impact the past month you know that these guys are pretty impressive (especially Evans). The only other match that interests me is Daniels vs. Styles. The Ultimate X match is usually good but that is a ridiculously poor group of competitors IMO. Moore, Robbie E, and Red haven't even been on TV the last 2 months.

And after Sunday all of the momentum comes to a screeching halt

All the insiders are saying he's done

Shame...I've been a fan since his TNA days with the blond hair

Seemed like Cena ruined every promo tonight...he's just not good enough on the mike

He doesn't suck but that "I respect you and you're great but let's fight" crap is stupid...

Punk isn't leaving. The insiders are either in on it or being fed bad information. They are completely steering people on this one. But, Punk is going to win on Sunday, and leave...

They'll play that for a bit, and then there will be some type of title rule in some paperwork that says the champion is obligated to compete in the WWE.

And Cena will be fired. Until he uses his "legal" right to a rematch.

---------- Post added July-12th-2011 at 12:25 AM ----------

Either that or the winner of money in the bank cashes it in and beats Punk for it at the end of the night... Cena comes back and Punk comes back because he's pissed.