Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Cena is so terrifically lame.

This storyline is only exposing that even further. His retort to The Rock made no sense in boosting his character back up, but I guess him giving The Rock the "Attitude Adjustment" or whatever it's called (didn't it used to be called "The F-U?") was supposed to balance out Cena looking like a clown on the microphone.

I still don't quite get what The Rock's role here is supposed to be. But I definitely don't want to see him go out looking like a chump in a vain effort to put over a scrub like The Miz or Cena.

---------- Post added March-29th-2011 at 12:48 AM ----------

And on a quick side note: can somebody explain to me what The Undertaker's character is supposed to be at this point?

Is he The Deadman? Or a Cowboy? I don't really know what's happening there anymore.

And I feel like they've really missed the boat on properly building up this supposedly epic Triple H/Undertaker match. There's no real hype at all, other than building it around "The Streak," which has been done to death by now.

I don't get why people don't like Cena. He's not lame at all.

His character is the embodiment of the "PG Era" of the WWE.

It's this soft, wannabe "bad ass" type that he plays. And the guy can't cut a convincing promo to save his life. Especially if the crowd starts playing against him.

This whole angle with The Rock has been amusing because The Rock has basically called out Cena's character for exactly what it is. Just a kid friendly "tough guy" with corny catch phrases, built to pander to every possible audience segment.

In a word: Cena is boring. Always has been.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather see Cena getting top billing over trash like Seamus or some other random jobber who really has no place being in a main event, but that's more of a reflection of how thin the wrestling talent pool is at the top at the moment than anything else.

His character is the embodiment of the "PG Era" of the WWE.

It's this soft, wannabe "bad ass" type that he plays. And the guy can't cut a convincing promo to save his life. Especially if the crowd starts playing against him.

This whole angle with The Rock has been amusing because The Rock has basically called out Cena's character for exactly what it is. Just a kid friendly "tough guy" with corny catch phrases, built to pander to every possible audience segment.

In a word: Cena is boring. Always has been.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather see Cena getting top billing over trash like Seamus or some other random jobber who really has no place being in a main event, but that's more of a reflection of how thin the wrestling talent pool is at the top at the moment than anything else.

Absolute true

I fell asleep before the last segment, but it doesn't sound like I missed much.

Completely agree about the HHH/Undertake match, they really have done a terrible job of hyping it up. My question is what happens for both of them after the match? Will they keep wrestling or will we just see them for a few PPVs here and there?

I fell asleep before the last segment, but it doesn't sound like I missed much.

Completely agree about the HHH/Undertake match, they really have done a terrible job of hyping it up. My question is what happens for both of them after the match? Will they keep wrestling or will we just see them for a few PPVs here and there?

I suppose it depends on who wins.

If they do actually end Undertaker's streak (which I doubt happens, but if it would end to anyone, it would be Triple H), I could see it being the end for Undertaker. Same with Triple H, since I'm sure that at this point he's basically past wrestling and is ready to become much more settled into his behind the scenes role as Vince's heir apparent.

Both guys will probably be effectively finished either way. I mean, who else is Triple H or Undertaker going to wrestle? Maybe one of them could help get a guy like The Miz over before they bow out completely, but Undertaker's never been easy going when it comes to helping younger guys get ahead over him, and neither has Triple H (although he actually has legit creative/financial investment in rebuilding the company now, but still), so who knows.

From what I've read on the interwebs, HHH has been taking a bigger backstage role running the shows, especially since Shane left the company. I recall reading that HHH ran the whole deal on a recent Euro-tour for the WWE and did a really great job. Ending the Undertakers streak would be dumb since its all he has now. I think HHH and Taker try to put on a hell of a show with HHH losing. Then the Undertaker tries to stay healthy for one final Wrestlemania where he goes out with a win. Meanwhile, HHH will be mostly backstage with maybe a role as a GM or running a stable of young guys. Something like that.

From what I've read on the interwebs, HHH has been taking a bigger backstage role running the shows, especially since Shane left the company. I recall reading that HHH ran the whole deal on a recent Euro-tour for the WWE and did a really great job. Ending the Undertakers streak would be dumb since its all he has now. I think HHH and Taker try to put on a hell of a show with HHH losing. Then the Undertaker tries to stay healthy for one final Wrestlemania where he goes out with a win. Meanwhile, HHH will be mostly backstage with maybe a role as a GM or running a stable of young guys. Something like that.

What does Shane do now? I remember hearing that he left the WWE (which frankly, impresses me somewhat- he'd rather just bow out and do his own thing than simply follow the family business), but I have no idea what he's doing instead. That guy put on some crazy matches in his time with the company. That no holds barred match with Kurt Angle was classic.

I could also definitely see that Taker/HHH scenario playing out. Undertaker goes out with 20 WM wins, while Hunter begins an on-screen transition into what his real life role is becoming.

Maybe he'd turn out to be the Raw GM after all this time (although I'm not sure how much I'd actually like that idea, but it would probably depend on how they actually set that up).

This Jerry Lawler-Michael Cole stuff is gold. Really a sign of where the WWF is in 2011 when the top babyface is 61 year old Lawler and the top heel by far is the lead announcer.

I think the Lawler/Cole match has been set up a lot better than the Undertaker/Triple H match. Which makes no sense, but that's just how they seem to have to scripted it.

As someone who's been really out of wrestling for the last 4 or 5 years, it's a little strange seeing Michael Cole, the guy who used to have frost tipped hair and act as everyone's punk in backstage interviews (especially with The Rock), being this far out front and effectively drawing this much heel heat (granted, some pretty cheap heel heat, like using Lawler's recently deceased mother, but still).

Of course, nothing quite blows my mind like when I turn on Sportscenter and see The Coach on there, doing basketball highlights. I don't think I'll ever get used to that.

---------- Post added March-29th-2011 at 11:32 AM ----------

Also, random side bar: just when I thought Trish Stratus couldn't get any hotter, she comes back to the WWE as a brunette.

Easily my favorite Diva of all time. And I think one could make a strong case that she's been the best one ever too.

I don't get why people don't like Cena. He's not lame at all.

Agreed. Its not Cena's fault he has to adjust his character to WWE's PG standards now. Cena had to evolve from the Thugamonics Cena. WWE clearly has been out to get a younger audience and Cena seemed the best choice for that I guess. He represents a character of all heart and never say die attitude which the WWE believes will attracts those young viewers. Seeing the old Cena rap on Rock a few weeks ago took me back quite a bit.

Pretty good Raw last night I thought. Although I was immensely upset that Cena got the upper hand on The Rock (though this probably means vice versa for Sunday). I also didn't like how they made HBK out to look like a ***** during the promo (nostalgia overload in the ring too btw). I feel like HBK will be salty during the match and cost HHH the win. Speaking of that match, I find it funny that not once has there been mention of WrestleMania X-Seven. I guess Cena's fanbase can't remember that far back anyway.

Also, why was Cole in a box all night? Was it because he called Josh Matthews a faggot on Twitter?

My four cents:

No way the WWE lets the bosses son-in-law stop the Undertaker's streak. The Undertaker will get to twenty and then retire. My guess is that Cena will be turning heel real soon and that he will fight the Undertaker at next year's Wrestlemainia.

Miz is gold; I don't care what anybody says. He is like that on the mic and his in-ring skills are okay. Would be nice if John Morrison steps up to the plate. Don't know what they are doing with Kofi Kingston.

Can't wait to see what Christian is going to do in this Edge/Del Rio match.

Why did that mess up Orton's leg 2 weeks before WM. I think he's about to get written off because of a real injury.

Pretty good Raw last night I thought. Although I was immensely upset that Cena got the upper hand on The Rock (though this probably means vice versa for Sunday). I also didn't like how they made HBK out to look like a ***** during the promo (nostalgia overload in the ring too btw). I feel like HBK will be salty during the match and cost HHH the win. Speaking of that match, I find it funny that not once has there been mention of WrestleMania X-Seven. I guess Cena's fanbase can't remember that far back anyway.

Also, why was Cole in a box all night? Was it because he called Josh Matthews a faggot on Twitter?

Cole's been in the box for a couple of weeks. So Lawler can't get to him.

Speaking of that match, I find it funny that not once has there been mention of WrestleMania X-Seven. I guess Cena's fanbase can't remember that far back anyway.

WWE has made it a huge point for the announcers or wrestlers to not mention that match. One can only assume because WWE wants the young viewers to believe this is a "first time ever" match.

Fatal 4-Way has been renamed to Capitol Punishment. I'll still go though.

Is anybody having a WrestleMania party/gathering?

Can't wait till Fatal 4 Way

First PPV in DC since the excellent Survivor Series 09

:secret: Capitol Punishment....

It was a very good PPV. I was sitting 2 rows from the floor

Can you find the clips of Batista coming back for Rey after the "One more time!" chants & HBK starting the WWE Title match off by hitting Triple H with Sweet Chin Music? Those moments were great.

WWE has made it a huge point for the announcers or wrestlers to not mention that match. One can only assume because WWE wants the young viewers to believe this is a "first time ever" match.
Lame. Another thing I hate is how they say "18 men have tried" in reference to the streak, when in reality it's only 16, and it will still be 16 after Sunday.
Is anybody having a WrestleMania party/gathering?

One of my friends is having people over, as he usually does for the big PPVs.

:secret: Capitol Punishment....

It was a very good PPV. I was sitting 2 rows from the floor

Can you find the clips of Batista coming back for Rey after the "One more time!" chants & HBK starting the WWE Title match off by hitting Triple H with Sweet Chin Music? Those moments were great.

Actually I heard Cap Punishment is just a tagline

But yeah I have the DVD and yes that Batista/Mysterio match was awesome

All the guys were going crazy for Batista while the kids were in shock