Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Found this picture today.. Makes me very sad both of these guys were always my top 2 favorite all time wrestlers and now they are both gone.. I'm glad they had a chance to reconcile and from all accounts it was genuine, this back stage candid after Shawn's match the other night is a good indication to that being true..

hbkbackstage.jpg

Edited by Devastate

It was sad to see HBK go. I was always a huge fan of his. The WWE just isn't the same as it was like 10 years ago. Its way to predictable. I hadn't watched RAW in like a month and somehow I knew who Cena was going to pick as his partner. I hope they can go back to the way it used to be, when it was way more interesting.

The WWE needs to almost do a full reboot. This whole champions per show thing is stupid.

There are the titles you need.

World Heavyweight

Middleweight

Cruiserweight

Tag-team

US

Euro

Inter-cont

Hardcore

Women's

Women's Tag

and that's it.

You also need to focus on building better stables and better managers who help the storylines progress.

Edited by Buford

I agree Buford, but even that might be too many titles. I think that they need is:

WWE Champ

Intercontinental

Tag

US

Women's

I feel like any Joe Schmo there has a belt now. They just have way too many titles. And why do they still have the dumb unified tag team titles? It looks stupid to have them carry around 2 belts.

I agree Buford, but even that might be too many titles. I think that they need is:

WWE Champ

Intercontinental

Tag

US

Women's

I feel like any Joe Schmo there has a belt now. They just have way too many titles. And why do they still have the dumb unified tag team titles? It looks stupid to have them carry around 2 belts.

Well, I spread it out so different types of guys would go for different belts.

A guy like Cena or HHH is a heavyweight......the smaller dudes like Rey are Cruiserweights. Then you have a bunch of middle dudes like Matt Hardy who would be Middleweights.

Well, I spread it out so different types of guys would go for different belts.

A guy like Cena or HHH is a heavyweight......the smaller dudes like Rey are Cruiserweights. Then you have a bunch of middle dudes like Matt Hardy who would be Middleweights.

You could put the middleweights in the intercontinental group and the cruiserweights for the US title. Back in the day wasn't there only the WWF Champ and the Intercontinental?

You could put the middleweights in the intercontinental group and the cruiserweights for the US title. Back in the day wasn't there only the WWF Champ and the Intercontinental?

Yeah and I liked it better that way.. All these titles kind of dilute what the titles are supposed to represent.

Edited by Devastate

Yeah and I liked it better that way.. All these titles none kind of dilute what the titles are supposed to represent.

Exactly. I feel like everyone on there has a title now. I see why they brought over the World Heavyweight and the US when they took over WCW. But I think they can get rid of them now. I mean which one is more important, the World Heavyweight or the WWE? Same with US or Intercontinental?

Exactly. I feel like everyone on there has a title now. I see why they brought over the World Heavyweight and the US when they took over WCW. But I think they can get rid of them now. I mean which one is more important, the World Heavyweight or the WWE? Same with US or Intercontinental?

agreed.

Most people shouldn't have a belt. The shows should be focused on fighting for the right to go for the belt. If you're the champ, you shouldn't have to defend it every other week.

I agree with you 100%

Yeah think I'm done with Wrestling for awhile.. Don't see a reason to watch now that Shawn is gone. Although I do like Shamus the stories they are putting out there sucks, and TNA isn't even watchable to me.. I really wish there was a more creative alternative.. And no Orlando Jordan prancing around in eye liner and a tu tu or old guys geezering up a ring isn't what I call creative.

Edited by Devastate

R.I.P Kanyon

Wrestling-Radio.com reported today that former WWE and WCW star Chris Kanyon, officially known as Christopher Klucsaritis, has passed away on April 4 in his Sunnyside, Queens, New York apartment. He was 40.

Kanyon reportedly committed suicide sometime last night. A longtime friend of his was cited asying a pill bottle and "several notes" were found near Kanyon's body. But there was no reporting of any details.

Chris Kanyon was an American professional wrestler, best known for his work in World Championship Wrestling

and the World Wrestling Federation, according to Wikipedia.

Someone named Robert who claims to be a friend of Chris Kanyon posted a notice on myspace.com.

I don't want to jump the gun, but it appears that Chris Kanyon died last night from an overdose. I don't have any more information than that, but from all the sources that I have from mutual friends it seems to be the case. Chris and I have been friends for about four years now. He was one of the most genuine, intellegent people that I've ever met. I hope this turns out to be a huge misunderstanding, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Unless his family objects my short term plan is to keep this profile up as a memorial to Chris.

R.I.P Kanyon

Wrestling-Radio.com reported today that former WWE and WCW star Chris Kanyon, officially known as Christopher Klucsaritis, has passed away on April 4 in his Sunnyside, Queens, New York apartment. He was 40.

Wrestling really is the worst business. I can understand why guys like The Rock and Stone Cold got out rather than hang around, and it's really amazing to still see HHH, Undertaker, and especially Shawn Michaels still out there.

If you're not at the top of the mountain in the WWE, it's tough living.

As for the whole numerous title belt thing, I haven't been keeping up with wrestling for the last couple of years, but I think part of it goes back to the WWE/WCW merger (also known as the most horribly botched angle in the history of pro wrestling).

Vince knew that once he bought WCW, his competition was finally over and in the long run, he would need a new "rival" brand to keep the creative juices flowing for the WWE. So he kept all these dumb belts and tried to make Smackdown and Raw separate brands, with separate writing teams and this goal to try and out-do each other on the shows.

That's kind of a silly idea in the short term, but especially in the long term it's just dumb. Fans aren't stupid, they're not obviously rival brands when they both say "WWE" all over the place, and instead it created this vacuum where both shows needed their own heavyweights, middleweights, cruiserweights, and divas. So the entire WWE roster became diluted with crappy wrestlers that they had to hire just to fill out the different roles.

It's way past time to just combine the belts and only have a few champions in the entire company.

It's a sad day when a total jabronie like Jack Swagger is a World Heavyweight Champion.

RIP, Kanyon. :(

What is the average life-expectancy for a pro wrestler? It's really sad how young we lose so many of these guys.

Anyway. I was a huge wrestling fan for most of my life, and have gotten away from it for the most part since WrestleMania XX or so (which I was fortunate enough to be able to attend.) What's good out there right now? Last time I watched ECW, seemed like they had some good young talent over there. Is that still the case? Anyone one new on Raw or Smackdown getting a big push? Is TNA even worth turning on?

It's a sad day when a total jabronie like Jack Swagger is a World Heavyweight Champion.

Totally agree. There are no characters in wrestling anymore, only *******s. Everyone is an ******* to each other, that's it, they just wear different clothing than each other.

Cena has to be the most suck ass character ever. I actually feel sorry for the guy, he probably thinks the same thing. You ever think Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior or The Undertaker thought their character was stupid? No, they knew they were badasses.

There are so many people like Cena in this world, and they're ALL douchebags. White people who try so hard to be "from da hood." Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo. C'mon man, the face of wrestling is a douchebag hack freestyler. You're basing this mother****er off of Eminem.

I still get a kick out of hearing "WHAT?!" from the crowd after someone ends a sentence. Wonder how long that will last. I'd crack a big smile if I heard that on a WW(G) Monday Night Nitro Raw Superstars. Stone Cold was the last great character wrestling developed, IMO.

And what's with Bastista, Rob Van Dam, and especially ghey ass Jeff Hardy? Is that the homosexuals' gift from McMahon? These guys are absolute snore-fests. Give me a friggen break. The characters are so typical and stale.

I don't know why they can't copy off the golden age of wrestling. People say that the 80's and early-to-mid 90's were the "golden age", but it seems so easy to replicate as far as simply conceiving a character goes. Make someone a psychopath, make somebody incredibly over the top, make somebody indestructable until they lose at Wrestlemania by way of miracle. WTF?!

I think the biggest problem is that people are so friggen lame on the mic these days. The one on one interviews need to be brought back. They are way too few and far between. Let people showcase their mic skills, if they have any that is. That dude who is rivals with Cena (he was on a reality show or something) seemed to have some chops.

Totally agree. There are no characters in wrestling anymore, only *******s. Everyone is an ******* to each other, that's it, they just wear different clothing than each other.

Cena has to be the most suck ass character ever. I actually feel sorry for the guy, he probably thinks the same thing. You ever think Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior or The Undertaker thought their character was stupid? No, they knew they were badasses.

There are so many people like Cena in this world, and they're ALL douchebags. White people who try so hard to be "from da hood." Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo. C'mon man, the face of wrestling is a douchebag hack freestyler. You're basing this mother****er off of Eminem.

I still get a kick out of hearing "WHAT?!" from the crowd after someone ends a sentence. Wonder how long that will last. I'd crack a big smile if I heard that on a WW(G) Monday Night Nitro Raw Superstars. Stone Cold was the last great character wrestling developed, IMO.

And what's with Bastista, Rob Van Dam, and especially ghey ass Jeff Hardy? Is that the homosexuals' gift from McMahon? These guys are absolute snore-fests. Give me a friggen break. The characters are so typical and stale.

I don't know why they can't copy off the golden age of wrestling. People say that the 80's and early-to-mid 90's were the "golden age", but it seems so easy to replicate as far as simply conceiving a character goes. Make someone a psychopath, make somebody incredibly over the top, make somebody indestructable until they lose at Wrestlemania by way of miracle. WTF?!

I think the biggest problem is that people are so friggen lame on the mic these days. The one on one interviews need to be brought back. They are way too few and far between. Let people showcase their mic skills, if they have any that is. That dude who is rivals with Cena (he was on a reality show or something) seemed to have some chops.

This was very well put.

I think the Attitude era is what ultimately killed wrestling. While it was the best period IMO it ruined it because now everyone has to be "too real". I'd love to see them go back to the early 90's style, but I think it's going to be a long time before we see any innovation.

Man it's been a long time since I watched wrestling. I think the last show I saw was Wrestlemania 20. Who are the big name guys now inthe WWE? Is it still the top brand?

WrestleMania XX was my favorite WrestleMania that I've seen. You picked a good time to retire, actually. It really has gone downhill since then.

Yes, WWE is still the top brand. TNA is trying to rival it by featuring a bunch of ex-WWE wrestlers, who got their name in WWE, or elsewhere.

Your big name guy today is John "PG" Cena. Yeah, WWE is PG now. After WMXX where he beat the Big Show for the US Title in the opening match (yeah, I remember), Cena has been in one of the two WrestleMania Heavyweight Title matches every single time, with a record of 5-1. He's currently the WWE Champion.

You also have The Undertaker, who just ended HBK's career at WrestleMania XXVI to extend his record to 18-0.

Batista is another one of the usual World Heavyweight contenders, along with Triple H.

There's also a pale Irish ginger named Sheamus who came out of nowhere one day and started kicking the crap out of people, and actually took the title from Cena at one point.

Randy Orton competes for the big titles from time to time, but he hasn't had one in awhile.

Hope that helps some.

Edited by SonOfWashington