Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Forgot how $$ Trish Stratus is. Good for her. Left while still crazy popular, in shape, and pretty young.

Oh, and back to Sandow.....threw a table now. Now him and Rhodes are getting beat up on in singles matches.

Next great Heel? I don't know about that.

Del Rio as a face? Booo

The Shield? Getting tired of it already.

I think some people, and again, not anyone in particular, just like to complain about the WWE product.

The WWE is doing a LOT right.

The Rock is returning some kind of fuel to the fire. Punk last night was great. Heyman's (predictable) involvement with the SHIELD and Maddox. Lesnar's return to back his manager.

Now that sets up a: "Is this the Dangerous Alliance 2.0? Will Brock be receptive to Punk? Will Punk be receptive to Brock? Will Punk stick with Heyman despite Heyman's involvement with SHIELD? Was Punk a part of that plan? What's Brock's plan? Will HHH get involved with Brock again due to Brock attacking Vince?"

The dynamic with Kane and Daniel Bryan is a ton of fun to watch.

Cesaro is great. He's the ****y foreign heel that you hate but are impressed with.

SHIELD is being brought along slowly, and they're doing it the right way. Bo Dallas is getting a push, probably only to get knocked down a few pegs and then bring him back up. Big E fits the AJ/Ziggy team quite well.

Speaking of Ziggy, he and AJ are actually a solid duo and now their interaction with Jericho adds to that.

They're also doing some stuff wrong, still. They need more tag teams. They Heavyweight Title was essentially reduced to nothing in the Cena promo last night when he said it would be an "easier" win. If they want the second belt (which is dumb, to be honest) they have to make that belt mean something. Tensai/Brodus look like they're stuck in mud and are strictly a comedy show now. And they have to find a way to make the diva division competitive. They really have no big "stars" right now.

I wonder if Lita is interested in returning. And, they could pair her with... Christian. Gives people a reason to watch Christian, and the Christian/Edge/Lita dynamic would be interesting, even if Edge doesn't show up pretty much ever. It would put instant heel heat on Christian for going after "Edge's girl".

But there is a lot of good going on right now.

I can't comment on Smackdown, because I honestly don't care in the least about it. And to be honest, there are many RAW moments I fast forward and if it looks interesting I rewind. Normally, up until Rock's return I'd watch a grand total of 40 minutes of RAW, max. Now I'm up to about an hour and ten minutes. *shrug*

Edited by KDawg

Since the WWE (sadly) owns the copyrights to Jim Crockett Promotions (80'sNWA/WCW), I would like to see some of those wrestlers get into the WWE hall of fame. Magnum TA, The Rock and Roll Express and The Midnight Express would all be great inductees.

I don't think Jim Cornette is going to be given a platform to speak at a WWE event any time soon.

The Hall of Fame is simply old wrestlers with some connection to the city hosting Wrestlemania that Vince does not hate at the moment.

Will HHH get involved with Brock again due to Brock attacking Vince?"

If Brock isn't fighting the Undertaker, he will be fighting HHH.

Speaking of Ziggy, he and AJ are actually a solid duo and now their interaction with Jericho adds to that.

Yeah. I loved the first Ziggler/Jericho feud. I think that was the feud that really put Dolph on the map.

And they have to find a way to make the diva division competitive. They really have no big "stars" right now.

I have been watching NXT and they got some good wrestlers in their Divas division. And for the life of me I just don't understand why they are letting Naomi go to wast being one of Brodous Clay's dancers. I think she had one match, ironically it was on a PPV for the Divas title, and she performed excellent. Yet they still don't use her as a regular....

Another thing about NXT, HHH is doing one heck of a job with that talent. It is even more talent there than The Sheild, Big E, and Bo Dallas.

I wonder if Lita is interested in returning. And, they could pair her with... Christian. Gives people a reason to watch Christian, and the Christian/Edge/Lita dynamic would be interesting, even if Edge doesn't show up pretty much ever. It would put instant heel heat on Christian for going after "Edge's girl".

This aint happening. All three have serious injury problems. Edge had to retire because his is so bad. Lita would be able to be a regular and Christian can't recover fully from his. I think he had like three serious injury in the last year.

One thing that will help is if they completely got rid of the World Title and the US Title. By doing that, it would instantly give more importance to the WWE title and the Intercontinental Title.

I think Cesaro is doing a good job with the US title, but the WHC definitely needs to go. Ziggler mentioned unifying them at the ROyal Rumble, so now that the thought has been presented on WWF (still cant call it WWE) TV, perhaps it's in the cards.

Cena did a masterful job of burying the WHC last night anyway, so before you can really unify the titles you would have to build the WHC back up. I'm no Del Rio fan since hes turned face, but the fans are taking to him and hopefully he can build the title back up before losing it to Ziggler at WM. After that, they need to not let Ziggler lose until Summer slam, and build to a unification match if thats even what they want to do.

It irks me that you win a belt then always lose. See Cesaro and Barret last night.

The Rhodes Scholars should be tag team champions already. They both got jobbed out hard last night, but everybody does against Sheamus and John Cena, but they are also Tag team wreslers. And Bad guys, they're supposed to lose. The only reason Kane and Daniel Bryan are still TTC is because there isnt another face team. So there's nobody to defend the titles against. They need to build up something in a hurry, hell it can even be Tensai and Brodus Clay for all I care.....

I would like the television championship to be brought back along with the hardcore championship. One way to bring prestige back to the world Heavyweight championship is to have Ric Flair win the title. They could have him beat Ziggler for his money in the bank contract and then have Flair cash it in.

I would like the television championship to be brought back along with the hardcore championship. One way to bring prestige back to the world Heavyweight championship is to have Ric Flair win the title. They could have him beat Ziggler for his money in the bank contract and then have Flair cash it in.

Because nothing elevates a title like having a bankrupt Senior Citizen win it.

I lol'd

This is going to get really dark, but what made Flair's legacy - his insane genetics which allowed him to wrestle 90 minute matches seven nights a week while never sleeping - is what is destroying his legacy. Flair should be dead. Instead, he's still actually capable of stumbling around a wrestling ring on occasion without completely and totally embarrassing himself. The guy lived and spent money like he was going to be dead at 55. He's probably going to live to be 95. And he will begging HHH's kids for work then because he's going to need to the money to pay for his 8th divorce.

The problem is that the midcard either sucks or gets buried week after week.

Rhodes Scholars job every week. Ziggler has been jobbing consistently for about 3 years now. The Miz is the worst babyface I've ever seen. They screwed up any momentum for Barrett by losing to the new guy. The only guy they're being smart with is Antonio Cesaro (Loved him as Claudio Castagnoli in ROH). Hell no is super over and all but they are criminally misusing Daniel Bryan

The main guys outside of Rock and Punk aren't much to look at either. Del Rio and Big Show are having the most boring feud in recent history. Orton is still in the doghouse. Cena...is Cena. Ryback is gonna end up being Cena in terms of getting stale fast. Kids love him, adults call him "Goldberg". The "Feed Me More!/Ryback Sucks!" chants are coming

They need to get behind Sheamus and punk as the "guys"

Thankfully, they have Chris Hero coming up as well as the Shield guys (LET THEM ******* WRESTLE!)

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

This is going to get really dark' date=' but what made Flair's legacy - his insane genetics which allowed him to wrestle 90 minute matches seven nights a week while never sleeping - is what is destroying his legacy. Flair should be dead. Instead, he's still actually capable of stumbling around a wrestling ring on occasion without completely and totally embarrassing himself. The guy lived and spent money like he was going to be dead at 55. He's probably going to live to be 95. And he will begging HHH's kids for work then because he's going to need to the money to pay for his 8th divorce.[/quote']

That's pretty much how I feel. I got tired of seeing him in WCW, and when he was brought back to WWE after they went under, I simply could not understand it, other than the classic "It's Ric Flair guys, so it's all good" response from fans, which seems to still exist. I honestly thought dude was like 70 even back then. The only time I found him mildly entertaining was when he was in Evolution (which was round the time I stopped watching) and it had nothing to do with wrestling.

The guy has no business in the wrestling ring, and having him win the WHC would leave one to believe that Vince wass= ether blackmailed into letting it happen, or that he slipped and fell down the steps or something.

The problem is that the midcard either sucks or gets buried week after week.

This the price they pay for a) getting rid of jobbers and B) having a booking philosophy that insists that no one ever gets over. You generally go from the mid-card to the upper-card by winning a high profile mid-card feud. No one wins feuds these days, it seems.

They really, really, REALLY need to unify the titles...

You want a way to do it that makes sense? Have Cena beat Rock at Mania to do it. Cena captures the World Heavyweight Title because Del Rio is upset that Cena ran down the title last week on RAW. That starts a short feud which ends in a Cena World Heavyweight Championship reign. Now the match at WrestleMania has double the odds, as its a unification match.

As much as I hate to say it (again), Cena needs to win that match as Rock will go back to being very part time. Cena unifies the titles.

That gives you a few tiers of talent... If they insist on keeping some kind of talent split between RAW/Smackdown...

Make RAW the major title storyline show with occasional Intercontinental Title matches (or US, but one of the two needs to go). Put the tag titles on both shows to give them some depth and feature the tag titles a hell of a lot more.

Make Smackdown the midcard storyline show with occasional world title contender storylines.

I also think that although sometimes concrete storylines are necessary, they need to allow feuds to be a bit more dynamic. Although some improv between the guys. See who sells/puts together a better series of performances whether its on the stick or in the ring. I'd say use this philosophy especially in regards to the midcard. Yes, you'll have some storylines that are set. But allow some of the other guys a chance to shine by grading them on performance. If both guys do well, have one win the fued but elevate them both by sticking them in higher tier storylines.

True competition breeds entertainment. Let these guys compete a little bit.

They really, really, REALLY need to unify the titles...

The person who is in the best position to unify the titles are Dolph Ziggler. That MITB contract lasts until July. If he can win the WWE Championship between now and then, he could easily cash in that MITB and unify the titles.

Also, I heard rumors that

Brock....Lesnar

and

CM Punk........

will be feuding come Summerslam. It's going to be interesting see how that plays out.

I definitely think eliminating as many titles as possible (now that the talent/name pool has shrunk considerably) would be the first step in the right direction, as far as competition is concerned. When every guy that is worth anything has some gold on him, it really does cheapen things a little.

But I don't think anything will work until they get Cena under control. It doesn't help anyone when the biggest star in the company comes out week after week and acts like titles and winning and losing and crippling injuries are beneath him.

This.

My only problem with Cena recently is that he just seems to not care. And the one time he does care about the WWE Title... he buries that World Title in the process :ols:

One thing I always respected about guys like HHH, and guys that wrestled during that era, is that while they conveyed to the crowd that they could still get **** done without gold, they always made a point in their promos to let people know that they ate slept, and **** thinking about getting the WWE title. I don't particularly remember any of them running a belt down.

I'm a huge believer in the idea that the titles should be the main focus.

But I don't think anything will work until they get Cena under control. It doesn't help anyone when the biggest star in the company comes out week after week and acts like titles and winning and losing and crippling injuries are beneath him.

This.

My only problem with Cena recently is that he just seems to not care. And the one time he does care about the WWE Title... he buries that World Title in the process :ols:

Explain this to me? What's he doing that makes the titles or whatever seem meaningless? And how'd he bury a title?

Haven't been able to get myself to watch, like really watch, in a LOOOOONG time now. Had been DVRing Raw for years and a few weeks ago I realized I literally never watch them. Like pretty much since I started DVRing it. Now even me just pretending like i'm going to watch it is officially over. I'd love for that to change but I just don't see it happening at this point.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Explain this to me? What's he doing that makes the titles or whatever seem meaningless? And how'd he bury a title?

When he was cutting his promo on Monday Night he basically was like, it's going to be impossible for me to beat Rock or Punk because I have failed before. He said no matter who the who is the World Heavyweight Champion, that would be the easier path.

They could have at least played like Cena was going to choose the WHC. But they basically was like you all know which way he is going, let's avoid the bs and go directly to the main idea.

Or he could have been like I respect Del Rio as a competitor andI am sure that he will be an admirable opponent at Wrestlemainia, but I lost the WWE title and its time for me to get it back.

But to straight avoid any discussion of challenging for the WHC was lame...