Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Wow indeed. During Wrestlemania I (finally) noticed that the "Sara" tat was missing from UT's neck. My buddy replied "Oh yeah he's been done with that a while ago" I guess Calloway figured he needed a younger wife.

My sister has met him, and she talked to him and his tattoos aren't permanent, so it's not surprising.

Sorry, it all comes down to taste, but that music sucks for wrestling. It's the same generic, unrecognizable drivel that fails at setting a tone for a wrestler's personality which almost all wrestlers have these days. Words that are way too boring to decipher, music that has no uniqueness about it.

This is a new phenomena, as well. None of the songs make me laugh anymore (ie. Kurt Angle's ridiculously egomaniacal gladiator theme or Irwin R. Shyster's typewriter). None of them represent a stark personality anymore. I know it's because all WWE wrestlers have the same ****y, stuck up, smartass shtick going on these days. Everybody gets a song you could imagine hearing on a radio station that plays "today's new music." Shoot me in the head.

It's fun to hear themes for the old school wrestlers that are still in the biz. DX always kept their theme that would get your blood flowing 20 seconds before you even saw them. That just doesn't happen anymore.

God this is so true.

Everyone has some generic nu-metal rock song. At some point, I'd say around 2005 or 2006, the WWE just started using licensed music for everybody. Only the old school guys kept real theme songs.

It's so vanilla now.

Back in the late 90's/early 2000's, you'd hear the first guitar notes from Triple H's Motorhead theme, or the glass shatter, or the Y2K clock countdown, and you knew it was about to go down.

My favorite was always The Rock's theme. There were no lyrics to that song, but it carried such a swagger and attitude that it fit The Rock perfectly. And in some ways, The Rock helped boost that theme music as well. It was a two-way street.

A lot of the bigger wrestlers today are super bland, and their music is really generic, which equals an overall boring presentation/character.

Jeeze, i got interested and just watched about 30 minutes of raw for the first time in like 1.5 years. That was god awful. What the hell happened to edge? He is fat as hell. Jerricho was just as lame. And on top of it, people were cheering for Randy Orton? Ill be happy to not watch again for a while.

Jeeze' date=' i got interested and just watched about 30 minutes of raw for the first time in like 1.5 years. That was god awful. What the hell happened to edge? He is fat as hell. Jerricho was just as lame. And on top of it, people were cheering for Randy Orton? Ill be happy to not watch again for a while.[/quote']

Tonight was a weak show for sure. I'll be honest though the Orton face thing is really working for me. His crowd reaction is great. Edge is a shell of his former self. Injuries and no more steroids has really hurt his game. He has no moves anymore.

I'm watching RAW right now... I don't watch it much nowadays, but I do catch some episodes from time to time.

"And that's the bottom line because the GM said so"

If this is Austin, the WWE has finally done something to get some of the old fans back into it, even if its just a bit.

If it's a ploy to drum up interest and the new GM isn't going to be Austin, this angle just got even weaker.

Edited by KDawg

I figured that with his rumored involvement with SummerSlam that it could be The Rock. If not him, it'll probably be revealed that it's been Michael Cole all along.

speaking of Austin. I think they are trying to go with a whole "Guy who's not good or bad, but the fans like" angle with Orton.

Out for himself, but no longer the pyscho who's just out to hurt people.

That is a definite. I'm not sure if you've been watching a lot of wrestling over the past couple of months, but the second they started calling him "the Viper" everyone figured he was going to be Austin 2.0.

Edited by cyfar

I figured that with his rumored involvement with SummerSlam that it could be The Rock. If not him, it'll probably be revealed that it's been Michael Cole all along.

That is a definite. I'm not sure if you've been watching a lot of wrestling over the past couple of months, but the second they started calling him "the Viper" everyone figured he was going to be Austin 2.0.

I don't really like the angle and really don't see why the fans are so behind him. I know the majority of sheep change sides like a woman changes her mind, but still. Typically, I have usually always pulled for the bad guys first, then if they turn good, it's still good.

I don't really like the angle and really don't see why the fans are so behind him. I know the majority of sheep change sides like a woman changes her mind, but still. Typically, I have usually always pulled for the bad guys first, then if they turn good, it's still good.

No doubt. Count me as one that just doesn't like Orton all that much whether he's a heel or a face. There was a quick second when he was running Legacy and he came off as someone cool because of the psychotic angle but something he did wound up ruining it for me. Maybe his pose?! i dunno.

I like Orton a lot now.

I happened to have RAW on just now and saw that RKO he did to that Evan dude while he was going for his finisher. One of the sickest moves I've ever seen.

Edited by KDawg

This is what I agree with. I bet they haven't even actually decided who it is yet.

They haven't. They've been booking by the seat of their pants with no clear direction on where exactly they're going. Hence their ruination of the NXT invasion angle.

At least they've figured out the Guest GM thing has played its self out.

Anyone else been seeing ads for TNA house shows during RAW & SmackDown? :ols:

Anyone else been seeing ads for TNA house shows during RAW & SmackDown? :ols:

Yeah, I always just laugh. I guess that TNA is advertising through the local Comcast companies or whatever. I respect them for that.

That was an awesome Super RKO. I knew it was coming because Orton was more than halfway across the ring. Nice sell by the both of them.

I like Orton a lot now.

I happened to have RAW on just now and saw that RKO he did to that Evan dude while he was going for his finisher. One of the sickest moves I've ever seen.

That was a great match, definitely. I've never been a huge Orton fan, but he really sold this match tonight.