Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboy Fans Are Getting Way To Personal Now

SkinsNoles21

Originally Posted by Califan007

I love how everyone assumes they know exactly what happened and exactly what Sean Taylor did based on one newspaper article told almost exclusively from the viewpoint of the accusors and the prosecutors...lol

It wasn't told exclusively from the prosecutors and accusors. The report also had quotes and viewpoints from Taylor's defense team as well.

Rich........

You bring up why, exactly why Sallad Cowgirls are the filth of the NFL and our enemies. It's sad that fans of this organization call their team the team of America, I don't know if I want to be representing my country with remarks like that.

You fans are pathetic and through your ignorant remarks show the fear deep inside your souls of the Washington Redskins and our players like Sean Taylor, and I love it. Our organization will always haunt you, and players like Mark Brunell and Santana Moss will always come back and eat you alive, in your own stadium, and then we will continue to crush you with bone crushing hits by the likes of Marcus Washington and Sean Taylor. I love it, and you fear us.

I love how everyone assumes they know exactly what happened and exactly what Sean Taylor did based on one newspaper article told almost exclusively from the viewpoint of the accusors and the prosecutors...lol

Not to mention the 'star' (isn't that the thing TO danced on?) witness for the prosecution is a convicted felon and has felony charges against him conveniently dropped for his testimony?

How this is even a serious case is beyond me. Someone stole his ATVS and fired on his mom's house. You better believe I'd be branishing a weapon too if I was in that situation.

For the record: I don't know what happened on that night but my point still stands........

You just don't put yourself in that position or near that position to begin with. Especially if you're a high profile NFL player.:2cents:

Not to mention the 'star' (isn't that the thing TO danced on?) witness for the prosecution is a convicted felon and has felony charges against him conveniently dropped for his testimony?

How this is even a serious case is beyond me. Someone stole his ATVS and fired on his mom's house. You better believe I'd be branishing a weapon too if I was in that situation.

Well, then you'd be just as guilty as loogie-boy...

Although, unless you're loaded, you might actually get convicted. Taylor has no worries there.

It wasn't told exclusively from the prosecutors and accusors. The report also had quotes and viewpoints from Taylor's defense team as well.

Rich........

Here's the entirety of the quotes and viewpoints in that article that present Sean Taylor's side:

"It's incredible that this young man would be facing three counts of incredible severity," says Ed Carhart, one of Taylor's defense attorneys. "He has so much to lose it's mind-boggling when you think about it."

"This was a street fight, basically," says Taylor's attorney Ed Carhart. He insists his client never pulled out a gun during the altercation, as Taylor has been charged. "This is a he-said/he-said case. That's what's so spooky about taking it to court."

"The state has had this case since June and now they're filing these added charges? It's bizarre," Carhart said."

The only other "quote" is one that stems from the AP articles back when Greico's MySpace profile was first made public, it's not one given for this piece....the writer simply pulled the quote from another article written a few month ago.

So three generic quotes from ST's side and a restating of a two month old quote from a two month old article...that's it as far as presenting Taylor's side. On the otherhand, the article interviews at length and gives space in detail to the state's witnesses, even describing the porch they sit on...to an off-duty policeman who's story is not connected to ST's trial...and even to the guy who bought the house that one of ST's friends used to own....

See the HUGE difference?

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: Ive been saying this from the beginning ....What the hell was he suppost to do?? Some folks need to quit playing "holier than thou". Whatcha gonna do if someone is shooting up your moms house?? I'm shootin back. And no, I wouldnt call the cops if someone was shooting at a family members house...

This just makes me dislike Snyder and Gibbs even more. I don't agree with everything Parcells does, but I sure wouldnt trade him and Jerry for guys that would sell their souls for a SB. And before you Skins fans bring up TO (which you will), give me examples of his off field issues. Yea, I thought so.....

Didn't Parcells coach LT?

This doesn't really matter, since I don't know LT or ST. All I really know is that they're both good football players. Why make judgements on people you don't even know?

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: Ive been saying this from the beginning ....What the hell was he suppost to do?? Some folks need to quit playing "holier than thou". Whatcha gonna do if someone is shooting up your moms house?? I'm shootin back. And no, I wouldnt call the cops if someone was shooting at a family members house...

I would call the police, you're damn right...I wouldn't be ignorant enough to think me and "my boys" could take on a bunch of thugs with uzis...hell, I'd go to the police then move my mom the hell away from that neighborhood.

I would call the police, you're damn right...I wouldn't be ignorant enough to think me and "my boys" could take on a bunch of thugs with uzis...hell, I'd go to the police then move my mom the hell away from that neighborhood.

**** that...someones shooting at my family....Im shooting back...and Id be justified in doing so

I suppose "wuss" is slang for responsible, law abiding citizen, who has the requisite common sense to not go vigilante on people who've displeased me.

Good call.:rolleyes:

Well if people who displease you are people who shoot at your mothers house....then you have a god given right to go vigilante on them...and if you didnt..Id reccomend trading the panties for some underoos

**** that...someones shooting at my family....Im shooting back...and Id be justified in doing so

If they're standing right out in front of your house shooting like it's some Clint Eastwood western, yeah...but if they're long gone and you purposefully load up to try and go look for the ****ers?...that's not being done to protect your family, that's being done because you're pissed. Violence as a response to anger is always a good idea, yep. Chances are either your mom's gonna be crying at your funeral, or you're gonna be crying at hers when they retaliate with even more force.

Love the macho bs, tho, carries over well on a football message board...lol

So three generic quotes from ST's side and a restating of a two month old quote from a two month old article...that's it as far as presenting Taylor's side. On the otherhand, the article interviews at length and gives space in detail to the state's witnesses, even describing the porch they sit on...to an off-duty policeman who's story is not connected to ST's trial...and even to the guy who bought the house that one of ST's friends used to own....

See the HUGE difference?

Fair point. Everyone does deserve the right to a fair trial.

My "thug" related remarks stem as much to his:

1) skipping out on the rookie symposium

2) prior "spitting" allegation by the Bengals

3) not contacting the team last summer

4) being caught lying to the coaches on film by spitting at Pittman

5) "taking matters into his own hands" in street gang style

especially if his father is in law enforcement. (Again, I truly don't know if

his dad is a sherriff or whatever, but that's what is being reported).

I realize the kid has been doing better lately, but that does not excuse him from any actions he took on that particluar night.

He has a way to go before he gets my vote as face of the Redskins.

By the way, does anyone actually know how Taylor came to be arrested in all this??...the article doesn't say. It only says this:

"In June 2005, after an altercation with several young men in West Perrine, Taylor's GMC Yukon Denali was sprayed with bullets from both an AK-47 and a semiautomatic pistol. The shooters have never been identified.

When the gunsmoke settled, prosecutors ended up charging Taylor with three counts of felony assault and one count of battery, all stemming from the original altercation. "

Um, sorry, but "when the gunsmoke settled" doesn't fill in the blanks between Taylor's car being shot up and him being arrested.

Well if people who displease you are people who shoot at your mothers house....then you have a god given right to go vigilante on them...and if you didnt..Id reccomend trading the panties for some underoos

Yeah.

Vigilantism worked out sooooo well in the old west. It really cut down on crime, violence, and corruption.

Self-defense is one thing, hunting is another. No amount of rationalizing makes what Taylor did the 'right" thing. It wasn't. It was just another sign of an abysmal human being who shows the same disregard and lack of respect for the proper authorities as those who allegedly wronged him.

I've noticed fans are so quick to label these guys thugs, but Taylor is free from blame, because it was his "right." I realize this might make some shred of sense in "Extremeblindhomer-faux machismo land", but real people see the complete idiocy in what you're suggesting.

Come on back to the real world anytime.:laugh:

If they're standing right out in front of your house shooting like it's some Clint Eastwood western, yeah...but if they're long gone and you purposefully load up to try and go look for the ****ers?...that's not being done to protect your family, that's being done because you're pissed. Violence as a response to anger is always a good idea, yep. Chances are either your mom's gonna be crying at your funeral, or you're gonna be crying at hers when they retaliate with even more force.

Love the macho bs, tho, carries over well on a football message board...lol

Macho. nope. honest. I dont know many who would not retaliate if their mothers house was shot at. Call it macho, call it what you like...

there's a difference between immature and thug

he is now only what 22 or 23

I don't think so.

IMO, they go hand in hand. You can't be a thug, without being immature, and viewing yourself as above the law. Blame it on age if it makes you feel better, but right now, ST is a thug, in every facet of the word. He exhibits no respect for his fellowman, and little to no respect for the law, or authority in general.

Call him an immature thug if you like, and there's a chance he'll grow out of it, but right now, he is what he is.

Fair point. Everyone does deserve the right to a fair trial.

My "thug" related remarks stem as much to his:

1) skipping out on the rookie symposium

2) prior "spitting" allegation by the Bengals

3) not contacting the team last summer

4) being caught lying to the coaches on film by spitting at Pittman

5) "taking matters into his own hands" in street gang style

especially if his father is in law enforcement. (Again, I truly don't know if

his dad is a sherriff or whatever, but that's what is being reported).

I realize the kid has been doing better lately, but that does not excuse him from any actions he took on that particluar night.

He has a way to go before he gets my vote as face of the Redskins.

1) If skipping out on the rookie symposium classifes someone as a "thug", then the term has really diminished in meaning...somehow I don't think Tupac had "Thug 4 Life" tattooed on his chest because he skipped some mandatory classes at the local community college...lol

2) See response above... ;)

3) If that's the case, then T.O. is the mother-of-all-thugs for the multitude of ways he disrespected his coach and teammates while in Philly and San Francisco...Taylor can't hold a candle to that..lol

4) Hmm...lying and skipping mandatory meetings qualifies someone as a thug now...damn, I think my mom's a thug.

5) This is the only one that would come close to "thug" behavior in my eyes...and so far it hasn't been proven that Taylor brandished a gun. He's been accused of doing so during police investigations, but he was accused by the same guys Taylor accused of stealing his ATVs, so take it with a grain of salt. And as someone pointed out on the other thread, Taylor is supposed to have arrived waving his gun and threatening to kill...then starts swinging at the guy instead? There's something not quite right about that scenario. A more likely scenario would be that someone brandished a gun who came on behalf of Taylor...and during a recounting of the frenzied moment the "witnesses" said everyone on Taylor's side had a gun, including Sean Taylor himself.

But in reality I have no idea...since it's going to trial I'm willing to wait until I make a decision on whether or not Taylor brandished a gun when confronting these guys. This article gives me one side, not the entire picture. My guess is that Taylor's defense team didn't want to contribute too much to the story, preferring to bring out Taylor's side during the trial instead of detailing their strategy in the newspapers.

I don't think so.

IMO, they go hand in hand. You can't be a thug, without being immature, and viewing yourself as above the law. Blame it on age if it makes you feel better, but right now, ST is a thug, in every facet of the word. He exhibits no respect for his fellowman, and little to no respect for the law, or authority in general.

Call him an immature thug if you like, and there's a chance he'll grow out of it, but right now, he is what he is.

What are you? His brother? You don't know this man at all and you make a statement like this. All you have is a few things from the press. This is the most prejudiced statement I've ever seen. You don't know JACK about Sean Taylor and you speak as if you do. :rolleyes: Now THAT'S immature.

Archived