Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboy Fans Are Getting Way To Personal Now

SkinsNoles21

The Cowboys fans on scout.com (The Ranch Report) got ahold of the article that was in the Miami newspaper on Sean Taylor's case. Not only do they question ST and the way he lives, but they question the morality of Joe Gibbs and Dan Snyder as well....below are some quotes from some cowboy fans responding to the article...

He is a "Headcase" and his off-feild life is "oddball".

No, he is a SCUMBAG, and his off-feild life is that of a SOCIOPATH.

i hope he's dealt with on the field... hopefully punked in front of a national audience... i'd love nothing more than to watch him walk (or carried) away from this game in disgrace

taylor is an immature idiot who when given the immense talent does not work to improve that for better of others or game or himself. he's a selfish immature boy. yes they were going after his money. that's life. yes they were probably looking at his bank account and seeing an opportunity to cash in. but his ego ("i own this **** town" attitude) does not help him get out of trouble. glad we didnt have the opportunity to draft this loser.

my question is why does gibbs (a devout christian man) allow this embecile to still be on his roster? does he want to win that badly? or is he that blind?

(This one is my personal favorite...What is Gibbs supposed to do, cut the number 5 overall draft pick with immense talent because he has been charged with something and hasn't even gone to trial yet?)

Taylor will get nothing out of this. Guys like him have 9 lives, but he will end up paying sooner rather than later. He will inevitably be caught in the cross fire during some off-season shoot out because he's just too fricken STUPID to figure life out. I'm telling you right now, Taylor won't last another 2 years in the NFL with the lifestyle he so openly displays. The guy is a ticking time bomb and for the life of me, I can't figure out why some of these Skins fans are so proud of him.

This just makes me dislike Snyder and Gibbs even more. I don't agree with everything Parcells does, but I sure wouldnt trade him and Jerry for guys that would sell their souls for a SB. And before you Skins fans bring up TO (which you will), give me examples of his off field issues. Yea, I thought so.....

It's funny that Gibbs is always talking about "character" and the 'Skins FO has said that Taylor was the most highly researched athlete they had ever had.

No wonder they keep trading their #1's when the keep drafting guys like Taylor, Schuler, Arrington and Ramsey with them.

As for Taylor, it won't end well for him if he keeps up the gangster lifestyle and connections. If it's not this case, it'll be something else.

(Can someone tell me how why he included Shuler Arrington and Ramsey on this list with Taylor...Gibbs wasn't around for those picks and Snyder wasnt even around for Shuler thats rediculous)

What I find particularly interesting is that with the single exception of Coooley, none of the Skins fans/Taylor apologists who have flocked to these Sean Taylor threads in recent weeks has bothered to show up and dispute the contents of this article, to defend their boy...

But the real point here is that your boy is a complete gansta THUG who hangs out with the worst criminal element... And will eventually get busted or worse. He's lucky he's not dead or crippled right now, and you should be worried that when you associate with scum, bad things will continue to happen.

The list goes on and on I only read them through page 3. There were a couple cowboys fans who spoke rationally and realized the article for what it was. But for the most part these guys were really rediculous. All the troubled players the Cowboys have had over the years and they go off like that. In my opinion it is a fear of how good Sean Taylor really will become. They are hoping Taylor's career will fall apart just like we hope TO destroys Dallas. I think neither will happen, but players will be on the field next year...The Skins and Taylor will outperform the Cowboys and TO every time they play each other.

I think you'll have to be a member of scout.com to axcess this link but here it is anyways... http://mb19.scout.com/fcowboyupdatefrm10.showMessage?topicID=105058.topic

Guest santana4prez

Yeah they are a bunch of dumbasses. They dont realize that we took Sean Taylor over Kellen Winslow. I think we made the smart move. The other fact is since this has happened Gibbs has helped Taylor and there have been no off-field problems since. I think Taylor did do it but I think Gibbs would rather work with the player instead of throwing him out because of it. On the field Sean Taylor is a beast and loves the game of football. The only slip up Taylor has had is the spitting incident in the TB playoff game. Other than that Sean Taylor has improved as a football player and really became a better person off the field. Cowboy fans dont realize we had the same problems with Dexter Manley. Joe Gibbs thinks of his team like family and I dont think he is going to cut Taylor because of one slip up. The real problem is Cowboy fans are scared of Sean Taylor beasting on Terrell Owens this season. They are rooting for him to go to jail not because he may have did it but because he is a Redskin player. I think Taylor did do the crime but I hope I am wrong. If Taylor gets a second chance the Cowboy fans are scared he is going to turn into another Ray Lewis using his second chance to become a even better football player on and off the field.

i hope he's dealt with on the field... hopefully punked in front of a national audience... i'd love nothing more than to watch him walk (or carried) away from this game in disgrace
Carried away from the game? That's more than a little unnecessary, especially based on an unproven case about someone this person doesn't even know. All of this is absurd, but at the same time I'm sure they've gone to Redskins boards (maybe even this one) and copied and pasted what people have said they hope happens to T.O. next year and gotten all riled up over that, so whatever, a bunch of fan boys slinging words can't really get me too bothered.

wow, those comments were so ignorant. granted that ST doesn't lead the most holy of lives, people don't have to go on him as if he just slapped their mom. i mean, nothing has been proven AT ALL (that statement also goes to all the homers who think that ST didn't do anything). as many players in the NFL that have had off-field problems and scuffles and they wanna go off on not only him, BUT GIBBS TOO??? nope, i just can't respect that kind of cowardly statement. i like the way SkinsNoles21 put it.

All the troubled players the Cowboys have had over the years and they go off like that.

but i mean, i can't say that some of us skins fans don't shoot down players from other teams as soon as we hear something negative about their off-field (or even on-field) lives either. sometimes we do the same things that they did. i suppose fans will be fans and the hating will never end. let's just hope ST gets off.

I don't really feel bothered by all those comments it just makes me want the season to come around even more. But the carried off the field thing is bs I have never said that about any player for any team in any sport and I never will. Maybe if OJ or Rae Carruth came back I would, but of course that would never happen.

And before you Skins fans bring up TO (which you will), give me examples of his off field issues. Yea, I thought so.....

The hating is inevitable, so it doesn't bother me when other fans do it. But honestly folks: if we're gonna throw stones, let not do it from glass houses. TO has no off field issues? Are you out of your mind? Were you in a coma for the Eagle's last season? With all the off field nonsense between TO and McNabb, the whole damn system collapsed. I'll take a self-destructive knucklehead over a team killer like TO.

This is all pretty stupid. You guys say negative things about cowboys when they get in trouble, and cowboys fans are going to do the same when its one of your own. What comes around goes around. Nothing more than that. As far as "getting carried off the field". Don't blame the cowboy nation because one guys says something stupid. I've heard your fans say the same thing about cowboys. Just a few idiots here and there in every fanbase.

As far as Gibbs, I think what that poster was trying to say is since so many of you talk about Gibbs charachter guys, morals and all that stuff, yet ST is still around after he

1. Wouldn't call Gibbs back during the offseason. I mean c'mon, thats just stupid.

2. GW asked ST point blank after that playoff game if he spit on Pittman and ST looked right in GW's face and said "No, I didn't". Does ST think GW and JG didn't look at the tape? Never, and I mean Never lie to your coaches. Thats just stupid.

Personally, I don't blame Gibbs for keeping the guy around. He's a top 5 pick and a great player. You can't have all choir boys on a team. You do what every other coach in the league does. You take the good with the bad.

1. Wouldn't call Gibbs back during the offseason. I mean c'mon, thats just stupid.

2. GW asked ST point blank after that playoff game if he spit on Pittman and ST looked right in GW's face and said "No, I didn't". Does ST think GW and JG didn't look at the tape? Never, and I mean Never lie to your coaches. Thats just stupid.

:rolleyes:

1. He did communicate with Gibbs through his agent, and since that time, he has been the model player, doing EVERYTHING asked of him.

2. Watch the tape, he Didn't spit on Pittman, not even close to him, Spitting AT is not Spitting ON. William's didn't condone his actions, just said he believed him when he said he didn't spit ON Taylor..... because he didn't

3. Given Cowboy history of players character "flaws" isn't that the old proverbial "Pot calling the Kettle Black"?

2. Watch the tape, he Didn't spit on Pittman, not even close to him, Spitting AT is not Spitting ON. William's didn't condone his actions, just said he believed him when he said he didn't spit ON Taylor..... because he didn't

If you refuse to admit that ST didn't spit on Pittman, you have ZERO credibility. How can you say such a thing? Do you have a TV? If so, its time for an upgrade. Go watch it in HD and tell me he didn't spit. You're making a fool of yourself if you say otherwise.

:rolleyes:

1. He did communicate with Gibbs through his agent, and since that time, he has been the model player, doing EVERYTHING asked of him.

3. Given Cowboy history of players character "flaws" isn't that the old proverbial "Pot calling the Kettle Black"?

At first I was only going to reply to #2. But now that I think of it, #1 is just as dumb. Why would you communicate to your coach with your agent? Thats stupid, especially if you coach calls you. Agents for the most part are used for contractual stuff, usually GM's. But when your coach calls you and leaves several messages, and you don't call him back, you're just a flat out moron. And watching you defend it is just as moronic. Yeah, the model citizen, spitting on someone in a playoff game and getting kicked out.

Keep diggin man.

If you refuse to admit that ST didn't spit on Pittman, you have ZERO credibility. How can you say such a thing? Do you have a TV? If so, its time for an upgrade. Go watch it in HD and tell me he didn't spit. You're making a fool of yourself if you say otherwise.
You might want to re-word your quote. :) Just some friendly advice.

I personally would never defend or condone STs actions.

My question is, why are people still talking about it? Is it because we made it to the playoffs? Please enlighten me.

We all could go back in the past and talk about players on our respective teams that did stupid things. But what would be the point?

:logo: The reality of the spit or not to spit is a subject of debate. So what if ST spit in Pittman's face. Sounds like the boy's fans are trying to homogenize the game of football. My understanding of the game is there a lot of shennanigans on the field any way, its a fact offensive and defensive lines both spit on each other when they line up in their stance,Never mind the sticking the finger in the eye routine during the play or during the big pile up during a fumble. On reading all the posts on this great board the cowboy fans are sounding off about ST , especially WEownyou, I read fear and loathing in his/her post about ST,I think the Boy's fans wish they had someone like ST who has the balls to play the game the way it should be played.

:2cents: :D

:logo: The reality of the spit or not to spit is a subject of debate. So what if ST spit in Pittman's face. Sounds like the boy's fans are trying to homogenize the game of football. My understanding of the game is there a lot of shennanigans on the field any way, its a fact offensive and defensive lines both spit on each other when they line up in their stance,Never mind the sticking the finger in the eye routine during the play or during the big pile up during a fumble. On reading all the posts on this great board the cowboy fans are sounding off about ST , especially WEownyou, I read fear and loathing in his/her post about ST,I think the Boy's fans wish they had someone like ST who has the balls to play the game the way it should be played.

:2cents: :D

I don't know if we should look the other way when one of our star players acts like a thug on the field. Homogenizing the game through penalizing celebrations is one thing, but blatantly spitting on/at a player? That really is unacceptable. Class is what separates the Skins from the Cowboys. Lets try and keep it that way.

I love Sean Taylor (as the sig suggests) but I'm not gonna defend him on this issue.

brokeback nation better worry about roy williams tackling now that he cant horsecollar anymore.

Doesn't it almost seem as if the Cowboys are taught to tackle players by grabbing the backs of their jerseys??...They do it so damn much. I watched the 2nd Skins/Cowboys game from last season, and there were times when Dallas defenders could have arm tackled around a player's waist, but grabbed at the jerseys instead...

I have to chime in on this one. Anyone who knows me knows how much of a Sean Taylor fan I am. I did name my baby girl Taylor. Although spitting in the face of an opponent is a pretty low act, it happens all the time. Also, WeownU, I guess you may need a updated TV because he may have spit TOWARDS the face of Michael Pittman but, that massive loogie crept outta Sean's facemask and fell hopelessly to the ground without touching ANYONE. Futhermore, the incident that he has to go to court over is up for debate. If you were on that jury and the "victim" and an "eyewitness" are less than credible sources, you cannot convict on a lack of physical evidence.

Has he made some poor decisions? Yes

Is he participating in OTA's and the team workout program? Yes

I enjoy watching him play. He is undoubtedly athletic, but that is only a small part of what makes hime gret. He has heart, determination, competetive spirit, fundamental knowledge of the game and overal his eomtional and competetive drive. I would rather see a payer too intense rather than see someone get beat for a score because he played soft.

I do not condone his actions, but you have to look at the facts. Sean Taylor is a great player. Not all great players are great role models.

They are ignorrant, Taylor is kind of immature and G.W. has said it, but it's all a learning process. Last year Taylor spit on Pittman, that was only his second year in the NFL. Roy Williams is a fuc*** vet, and goes around horse-collaring, and doing helmet-to-helmet tackles. And if they want to get technical about an off-the-field situations, Taylor's not "officially" in jail yet, and with all of the drug charges the Cowboys have had in the past, they have no room to talk at all.

Archived