Male student wearing dress denied entrance to prom

Blondie

Yep.

He was wearing a gown.

Dress Wearing Male Student

Male student wearing dress denied entrance to prom

05:51 PM CDT on Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Associated Press

GARY, Ind. – A male student who has worn women's clothes to school all year was turned away from his high school prom because he was wearing a dress.

Kevin Logan, 18, went to the West Side High School prom on Friday in a slinky fuchsia gown and heels. He believes officials discriminated against him by not allowing him inside.

"I have no formal pictures, no memories, nothing. You only have one prom," he said.

*** The remainder of the article is found with the link.

I am not sure I could handle one of my male students coming to prom in a long flowing gown.

Blondie

Gawd who cares. Is it really that big a deal?

Ironic, because if jocks took him behind the bulding and started kicking his ass, I am sure the faculty that was outraged with him wearing a dress would probably say, "well that is just the way jocks are"

Remember the good old days, when we had right and wrong and someone like this fruit would have been teased mercilessly and had his ass kicked?

Yeah those sure were the "good" ol' days: :rolleyes:

That still happens today unfortunately, and the faculties do little to nothing about it.

Yeah those sure were the "good" ol' days: :rolleyes:

That still happens today unfortunately, and the faculties do little to nothing about it.

That's because you libs took corporal punishment out of schools. Something about "self esteem"?

Works both ways you know

Remember the good old days, when we had right and wrong and someone like this fruit would have been teased mercilessly and had his ass kicked?

I don't understand why you feel the need to kick his ass. Because he's different?

Hmmmm. If he's brave enough to wear a dress and heels to the prom then I say let him in. He should also be brave enough to endure what the other students would do and say to him.

You saw this part right.

A male student who has worn women's clothes to school all year was turned away from his high school prom because he was wearing a dress.

He's probably used to it or them to him.

Because "he" was wearing a DRESS. THink there's something there that doesn't jive with normal?

Normal doesn't matter. How the hell was he hurting or affecting anyone else? What shouldn't be normal is the guys like you who want to kick the ass of everyone who doesn't look normal to you.

Huh? Can you explain the analogy, I am not understanding it.

Corporal punishment was taken out of school by libs because it supposedly causes "self esteem issues"

Hence, teachers can't beat kids asses when they get out of line, whether they throw a M-80 down the toilet or beat up a "ladyboy"

I the old days if someone would have pulled this, unless it was a known joke and not someone making a statement, this kid would have gotten his ass kicked and the ass kickers would have been resigned to taking a whipping from the principle afterward. That would have been the consideration before the ass kicking.

Now you can do anything you want in school, including kicking the ass of a feminine "guy" and not get any punishment, except maybe a stern talking to

Please explain to me how it affects anyone else at that prom that he wore a dress.

Maybe it offends people's sense of normal

Maybe it disrupts an event that kids want to remember and not have spoiled by some freak trying to draw attention to him/herself

Archived