Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Airport Stay OVer

skinfan2k

what do u guys do when u have to wait for a connecting flight? I got a upcoming trip where i wait 6 hrs in Phily and 4 hrs in London. Me and my mom and sister are waiting for our trip to rome..

Any suggestions what to do for this long period

Well, if it's a nice day and you feel up to it, you can always take a taxi to the historic district and look at the Liberty Bell and Constitution Hall and such. Other than that, a laptop or portable DVD player and some movies, I guess. For the flight, I recommend some benadryl and a nap. Hope you have a nice trip!

I just had a lay-over in London for about 1:40 on my way to Portugal and let me tell you, it was one of the worst experiences of my life. That airport is setup so poorly that it took me about 1:20 just to get to my connecting flight. I couldn't even grab a smoke in between flights. Good luck!

I just had a lay-over in London for about 1:40 on my way to Portugal and let me tell you, it was one of the worst experiences of my life. That airport is setup so poorly that it took me about 1:20 just to get to my connecting flight. I couldn't even grab a smoke in between flights. Good luck!

do u mean that is how big the airport is?

do u mean that is how big the airport is?

The airport is pretty spread out because I had to take a 5 minute bus ride to a different terminal. The problem was that I had to stand in line for about 30 minutes just to get on the bus and then it drops you off at the next terminal where you have to stand in line to go through the metal detector/x-ray machine (another 30 mins). And the signage is horrible for finding gates and flights and the interior (where the gates are) looks nothing like at your typical US airports, where you walk down the middle and see gates on your left and right with clear signage for the carrier and destination. Grrrr!

PS - I was told by a Londoner that Heathrow is actually their best airport :laugh:

how far is that from the airport? I never eat a cheesestake in my life.. I usually only stick to chicken.. Im indian

The airport is about 20 south of the city - so you'd have time to go downtown and grab a bite; even to see a few sites.

Wait -- you're flying from Dulles to Philadelphia and then you have to wait at Philly for 6 hours? I guess driving straight to Philly is not an option? (Not that I'd want to leave my car at the Philly airport.)

I would consider the Philly airport to be as safe as Dulles.

Archived