Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Patten to be cut (rumor)?

bnacpa

Um, well Patten complained about not getting enough catches at number 2, but THE VERY NEXT PASS on a simple hitch route he DROPPED!!!! How can you forget these things. Anyone who complains about not getting the ball enough better be ready to prove their point next time it comes. Also good point earlier, if he complained then, what will he do now. By the way, we are not going to use 4 receivers that often because we would have to take either Cooley or Portis out of the game. Why wouldn't we just use Cooley split out a little bit. I think this is true and would love to get some future talent in the form of a draft pick for him. Forget Patten, he sucked when he was healthy anyways. If anyone remembers about 3 years ago James Thrash was VERY GOOD in Philly, he is a great number 4 wideout. Also Patten contributes nothing to the team other than old age, complaining about the offense, and no special teams help. Yeah the guy has some rings, but he's not contributing anything to get that in Washington next year. TRADE HIM!!!!!

Jacobs will be released waaaay before Patten ever will, because you see, Patten would cost more to the cap, and mainly because Patten actually is talented and did stuff for us before being injured. Taylor jacobs on the other hand...

Let's trade him for Lee Suggs and cut Rock instead.

Seriously, if he's still on the team now, he'll get a chance to compete in training camp. I'd rather cut Thrash, who plays way more than Jacobs and barely had better stats.

Jacobs

2004 16 catches for 178 yards

2005 11 catches for 100 yards

Thrash

2004 17 catches for 203 yards

2005 14 catches for 194 yards

As the 4th option, neither is going to light it up with receptions. Both are going to play special teams. Thrash won't have to return punts, with ARE here. He wasn't very good at it in the first place.

I like Thrash. Just don't understand why Jacobs is regarded as a bum, and Thrash is the man, when they do similar things, have similar stats. Thrash is as good as he is ever going to get, and will probably go downhill with age. Jacobs still has untapped potential.

The only area I see Thrash being better is blocking. When he came in the game, I would tell my buddies "Here comes Thrash, they're going to run it to his side."

We have no salary cap reason to cut Patten and he's a better 4th wideout than Thrash or Jacobs. If we cut Patten, and one of our receivers gets hurt, then we're essentially in the same position we were last year, No thanks. Lets keep Patten.

He is not better to have as a 4th wideout than James Thrash. His receiving skills are probably (hopefully?) better than JT's, but Thrash's value as a special teamer makes him my preference for WR4.

Patten is a valuable wideout - I hope he sticks around in case of other injuries to the WR corps. I, for one, have had it with Taylor Jacobs - he just doesn't seem to have the skills to compete "up here", as Joe would put it. Thrash's main value is on special teams - he sticks around for that reason alone.

He is not better to have as a 4th wideout than James Thrash. His receiving skills are probably (hopefully?) better than JT's, but Thrash's value as a special teamer makes him my preference for WR4.

This exact reasoning is what makes Patten an ideal fourth, and Thrash an ideal 5th receiver, imo.

I say it's 50/50 on him, which is why the media probably ran with the expected cut article. I think he can be more productive then Randle El, with Moss & Lloyd taking everyone down field. I think Joe Gibbs said something about Thrash being a real Redskin or something when they brought him back, so I think he's safe. So if they chose to get rid of somebody it looks to be Patton or Jacobs.

The only area I see Thrash being better is blocking. When he came in the game, I would tell my buddies "Here comes Thrash, they're going to run it to his side."

If you can figure that out then so can opposing DC's.....cut Thrash and get someone everyone will question when he gets in the game. Cooley can give you that.

I do not understand the reason people love Thrash so much. We have so many really good players on the team.

Heck, Wynn gets trashed by people even if Gibbs says good things about him, but Thrash is the Second Coming and must be worshipped.....and he is a #5 WR.

Thrash was a serviceable WR in Philly 3 or 4 years ago....He is getting old...he slowed down last year...he cant play every down, or even every couple of downs consistently.

Jacobs is gone after June 1...maybe training camp....Thrash will follow him out the door.

Look for Espy as #5.

#6 is TBD...maybe our tight ends will catch more and we wont need a #6.

If you can figure that out then so can opposing DC's.....cut Thrash and get someone everyone will question when he gets in the game. Cooley can give you that.

I do not understand the reason people love Thrash so much. We have so many really good players on the team.

Heck, Wynn gets trashed by people even if Gibbs says good things about him, but Thrash is the Second Coming and must be worshipped.....and he is a #5 WR.

Thrash was a serviceable WR in Philly 3 or 4 years ago....He is getting old...he slowed down last year...he cant play every down, or even every couple of downs consistently.

Jacobs is gone after June 1...maybe training camp....Thrash will follow him out the door.

Look for Espy as #5.

#6 is TBD...maybe our tight ends will catch more and we wont need a #6.

cut Thrash because of this? are you joking? this situation is due to play calling NOT the player.

^^Actually I think we should cut Thrash also. The guy sucks ass as a receiver. If we got a receiver, I hope its him. Taylor Jacobs is too young and talented to be let go just yet. We need to give him one more chance before we give up on him. Thrash is old, slow and cant play. Yes he is a good ST player but we have a lot of good ST players.

Let's trade him for Lee Suggs and cut Rock instead.

Seriously, if he's still on the team now, he'll get a chance to compete in training camp. I'd rather cut Thrash, who plays way more than Jacobs and barely had better stats.

Jacobs

2004 16 catches for 178 yards

2005 11 catches for 100 yards

Thrash

2004 17 catches for 203 yards

2005 14 catches for 194 yards

As the 4th option, neither is going to light it up with receptions. Both are going to play special teams. Thrash won't have to return punts, with ARE here. He wasn't very good at it in the first place.

I like Thrash. Just don't understand why Jacobs is regarded as a bum, and Thrash is the man, when they do similar things, have similar stats. Thrash is as good as he is ever going to get, and will probably go downhill with age. Jacobs still has untapped potential.

Thank you! Finally someone that doesnt have man love for a sorry ass never really has been WR James Thrash.

^^Actually I think we should cut Thrash also. The guy sucks ass as a receiver. If we got a receiver, I hope its him. Taylor Jacobs is too young and talented to be let go just yet. We need to give him one more chance before we give up on him. Thrash is old, slow and cant play. Yes he is a good ST player but we have a lot of good ST players.

i dont have an opinion on keeping or cutting Thrash. i was responding the the guys reasoning for cutting him. which was basically "everyone knows whats going to happen when Thrash come into the game". and that is not JT's fault.

Taylor Jacobs is talented how? :laugh: He hasn't contributed to anything when he did get the opportunity. Thrash has made plenty of clutch plays for us when we needed it, for example, in Dallas last season, he pulled off alot of 3rd down catches which kept us in the game, of course Moss was the highlighted player, but go back and watch that game and see what Thrash did. Also Thrash is good on special teams. Taylor Jacobs can't do either one.

Archived