Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Lost" Season 2 Finale

vinva

I did want to add a couple of my (probably lousy) theories:

1. Instead of the fail safe destroying the Hatch, perhaps the EM device was ejected and explored in an aerial burst.

2. Or, as a result of the fail safe, similiar to the "Accident," perhaps Locke, Desmon, and Mr. Eko were sent to an alternate universe, state...whatever. And perhaps the "whisperers" are people who were caught in the "Accident" and are in a similiar state. (And maybe people who die on the island are also in this same state; no one ever really dies on the island, in a sense.) Thus, maybe the "Others" are actually trying to restore these people who are caught in such a state back to a "normal" state, or our dimension.

3. One of the sites mentions a calculation ("Drake") where the end of Mankind was estimated. Perhaps all of the life extension programs are related to this end of the world state, which, via the "sickness," will be intentially caused. The Hanso and Dharma groups seem to be Idealistic, which sometimes leads to idealism bordering on evilness.

Of course, all of these theories which I have hurriedly posted are probably terribly wrong, but it's fun to postulate. :-)

Michael and Walt will team up with Syiad and Jin to save Kate, jack and Sawyer.

Syiad will start questioning Walt about his "supernatural" abilities.

Eko and Locke are alive, but Desmond is dead.

Pene Widmore knows all about the Initiative. Her father supplies the "supplies".

What's the four toe statue about?

Why did the others have Walt at a "fake Camp?

Wonder what all those composition books say?

NotHenry is a creepy mo fo.

Is that the end of Hatch one? 7 more to go!

Where's my smoke monster?

Great f'n episode!

What about Michael's bloody/nasty arm? They had to have focused on that for a reason. One crazy theory of mine is that maybe he has the sickness (which doesn't seem airborne) and will either die before getting back to the real world or he may possibly transmit it to the real world.

Well, it seems the writers really do know what they're doing. I don't think Season 2 was overall as strong as Season 1, but the did a good job with all the big "important" episodes. The filler episodes weren't as good as last year.

I hear J.J. Abrams wasn't as directly involved with the production of Lost this season, because he was busy with M.I.:III. I wonder how much that affected the drop-off in quality. I hear he'll be working more directly with lost again next season.

I still think season 2 was really good.

BTW, Fatty P... that's is an awesome theory about the Others being survivors of the experiments and wanting reveng on Hanso... At this point, that sounds pretty dead on, but who knows with this show.

Man, this is going to be a long long summer...

I was thinking that they might be survivors of experiments too and maybe led by an Ex Hanso/Dharma top guy who rebelled against the company...since he's supposed to be a brilliant man.

ALL I can say is...AWESOME!!!

That had to be the greatest season finale I have ever seen!!! :applause:

I am going to be miserable for the next four to five months waiting for Lost's return. :(

This episode answered a lot of questions that I had:

1) How did flight 815 crash?

2) Who was the girl in the picture with Desmond?

3) What would happen if they didn't push the numbers?

I love how the producers gave us answers, but also gave us more questions. God, I love this show!!!

I wouldn't want to be in Hurley's shoes. How are the other Lostaways going to react when he tells them Kate, Sawyer, and Jack have been captured, but I can't take us back there. I'm still wondering about that look that Kate and Jack gave each other? Was it a look of regret and betrayal? Or was it a look of "we got a plan"?

The revelation of FHenry being the leader of the others blew my mind. I didn't see that one coming. I thought he was the weak link of the group. I also believe that there is two groups of others. One group is good and one group is bad.

According to the chat that was held on washingtonpost.com today....

"It's worth noting that Cynthia Watros' fall pilot did not get picked up, so maybe we'll see more of Libby [upcoming season] than was originally intended. "

BTW -- Not Henry told Jack and company what he planned to do. He planned to lead them into a nice secluded place, open and remote -- and trap them. They just didn't realize it was going to be when they were with michael instead of when Anna and Sayid were looking for the parachute.

BTW -- Not Henry told Jack and company what he planned to do. He planned to lead them into a nice secluded place' date=' open and remote -- and trap them. They just didn't realize it was going to be when they were with michael instead of when Anna and Sayid were looking for the parachute.[/quote']

Ick, good point...I forgot about that. Except it was sort of out in the open where they got darted.

I just wanted to post some Wikipedia Lost articles that have been, I believe, recently updated:

http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Libby_Widmore

This article discusses Libby and the fact that her last name is Widmore. As we know now, Widmore labs and construction company has a huge role in Lost, making food, test kits, building the hatches, Henry Gale's ballon, and even Michael Worked for Widmore construction. This company is all over the place and definitely working with Hanso.

Now apparently Libby was married to the founder of Widmore, who is supposedly dead. All this is too much coincidence - but why would Libby have been on the plane and in the position to die like any other survivor?

http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Widmore_construction

Fascinating.

what is the best discussion group of a high level with spoilers and guesses?

anyone think those two scientists were Brazilians? others are saying they were Russians but that didn't sound like Russian to me...I don't like reading analyses by those who don't know what they are talking about..

I just wanted to post some Wikipedia Lost articles that have been, I believe, recently updated:

http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Libby_Widmore

This article discusses Libby and the fact that her last name is Widmore. As we know now, Widmore labs and constructions company has a huge role in Lost, making food, test kits, build the hatches, Henry Gale's ballon, and even Michael Worked for Widmore construction. This company is all over the place and definitely working with Hanso.

Now apparently Libby was married to the founder of Widmore, who is supposedly dead. All this is too much coincidence - but why would Libby have been on the plane and in the position to die like any other survivor?

http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Widmore_construction

Fascinating.

thats crazy!.... wow

I'm not sure that the self-destuct key that Desmond flipped led to an explosion. I think it was some kind of EMP blast that destroyed the electromagnet and fried any electronics nearby. We never saw any kind of explosion, just the loud noise and the sky changing colors. This would mean Locke and Eko, and probably Desmond, are still alive. I hope Desmond is alive, there's a lot they can do with him still.

The EMP is a cool idea, but I don't think an EMP would cause the survivor's plane to rip in half, would it? Unless the plane loses power and in the middle of its free fall gets ripped in half somehow...I really don't know. Maybe somebody with more physics knowledge can step in?

I also think that Penny (short for Penelope, not Persephone) found out that Desmond was near some electromagnetic experiment through her dad, whether she forced him to tell or she snooped around his office. I think the dad set up the race around the world to get Desmond to that island, and that Libby was in on it. She seems to be some kind of "recruiter" for the Dharma Initiative. Also, wasn't Widmore the brand name for Sun's pregnancy test? I guess he made his fortune in pharmaceuticals.

Well...Penelope and Persephone both have Greek historical significance...maybe she's her sister? They've gotta be related somehow. It just fits, because Penny seems to be searching for Desmond, and Persephone is also searching for answers.

(actually, the first thing I thought of was the statues of the kings in the LOTR).

:laugh: Me too!! :laugh:

I also think there was more to Jack and Sayid's plan, but getting hit with tranqs in that field threw it off a little. I think Michael will try to save face and look for Sayid to tell him where they are before he takes off with Walt.

Well, obviously! :silly: That's what I was saying...I don't think we heard the entire exchange between Mike and the others...we all just assumed he was taking them back to the beach.

And I don't think fake Henry is the top of the Others' ladder, but he is clearly the leader of that group. And I wonder if the Others are "anti-Hanso" people, former test subjects who have formed a rebellion against the Hanso Foundation, and they're using the 815 survivors for their mission. Henry said they are the good guys, so I'm thinking they are implying the Hanso Foundation is the bad guys. *Also, what did Desmond call them again? When he called them that to Sayid, it sounded like they were unrelated to Dharma, since Desmond was technically part of Dharma.

This is a cool idea as well...I remember when they were watching the Pearl's orientation video, the guy said all the other hatches thought their tasks were of the upmost importance. The others had a fake-hatch door in their camp...maybe their task was to guard the door and never go in?? I don't know...just an idea. :whoknows:

I did want to add a couple of my (probably lousy) theories:

2. Or, as a result of the fail safe, similiar to the "Accident," perhaps Locke, Desmon, and Mr. Eko were sent to an alternate universe, state...whatever. And perhaps the "whisperers" are people who were caught in the "Accident" and are in a similiar state. (And maybe people who die on the island are also in this same state; no one ever really dies on the island, in a sense.) Thus, maybe the "Others" are actually trying to restore these people who are caught in such a state back to a "normal" state, or our dimension.

Great minds....:laugh: I suggested a wormhole theory as well, and that the island is in fact in another dimension. I didn't think about the voices though, that's another really cool idea.

Wonder what all those composition books say?

Those are the notebooks from the "observers" in the Pearl station. They watched the other hatches and took notes all day long...then stuck the notebooks in the tube that shot them into the middle of nowhere. One can't help to wonder if those used to be picked up somehow, or if they have always been abandoned.

I also think the look between Kate and Jack was an "I've got a plan" look. Maybe they spoke together with Sawyer about what to do if they got captured, and have a plan.

Now we have to wait until October to find out!! :cuss: :finger: :mad: :laugh:

Anybody think the giant bird saying "Hurley" was hilarious?

:D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: WTF was that all about, anyway?? Do you think it was just a stupid bird, or does the bird have some sort of significance??? Will he run into the bird again on his way back to their camp?? :laugh:

I think the bird was just some natural humor being written in. Kind of like Sawyer's reference to the other's being Aliens (that's why they wear fake beards).

Still, it was funny..I had to rewind the DVR to listen to the scene again when Hurley said, Dude - did they bird just say my name?

- Crazy theory #2: The island is actually an alternate dimension, accessible through a wormhole of sorts. The Hanso foundation somehow located or maybe even caused this tear in time-space, and started experimenting. The electromagnetic thing is maybe how they found it, or how they keep the wormhole open, or how they contained it. Maybe when the countdown goes to zero and the charge builds up to strong, a massive wormhole is opened, and anything flying by (say....a plane) is sucked in. Maybe by sending Michael towards that specific heading, they were sending him to a known wormhole that would get him back to reality. The reason I had this theory was because Henry said Mike would never make it back if he tried. :whoknows:

Would explain why they used a complicated dead-man switch (a special code) with a fail safe that could only be executed by someone willing to die instead of a less complex one (either automated or a simple button) with a fail safe that is automated to go on system failure or waits X minutes or seconds after the fail safe switch is activated. Would also explain why F-Henry seemed POed when the system was destroyed.

What about sailing out at 325 degree's to get rescued? That is like sailing almost directly due north

And yes' date=' Libby is a short name for Elizabeth. I am beginning to think she is part of the Hanso Foundation.[/quote']

I suspect Libby as a Hanso Foundation employee or maybe higher.

- She gave Desmond the boat that took him to the Island.

- She seemed to be stalkin Hugo in an earlier episode.

- Have you noticed that one of the whispers made before the others show up is 'Elizabeth'.

- Liddy is also a nick-name for Elizabeth (Liddy Dole). Liddy Wales is on the board for Hanso and I don't think her picture has ever been posted.

However, Liddy Wales could also be a send up of Jimmy Wales who is the founder of Wikipedia.

Archived