Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Patrick Ramsey Radio Interview...

Fergasun

What happens if Patrick Ramsey has an interview and no one else on Extremeskins hears?

Colin Cowherd interviewed Ramsey yesterday on his ESPN Radio Show. I came in on the tail end of the interview.

1) When asked "What makes a QB successful?" Ramsey talked about how it's important to play mistake free... and how the Redskins had that in 2005, which is why they were able to go so deep.

2) Offseason with the Jets is going well... Ramsey and Pennington are working on installing/learning a new offense together. Rams doesn't get caught up in the competition between them, and it seems like they are going to be friends similar to they way him and Brunell got along.

3) When asked for a dark horse team this season, Ramsey suggested the Texans were going to win a lot more games than expected. He liked what Kubiak did in Denver, and they added Moulds and Carr is going to break out.

He was quite articulate and mentioned his brother-in-law (same guy who posted here?). I think everyone here wants to see him succeed...

we don't play the jets this year, so I am not worried about pr beating us in the near future. I wish the guy the best of luck ... I think that circumstances here were unfortunate and maybe they had the effect of killing his career by him learning the wrong things and not being able to unlearn them yet .... but I think that after sitting for a year and following Brunell he may have the chance to turn his career around like Stan Humphries who rode the pine for us for a while and then got his chance with San Diego. Only time will tell.

Glad he's not ****ing like the fool in my avatar and Pierce.

I think the thing that makes Ramsey a class act over arse clowns like LA is the fact that he never put himself above the team, even when he assumed the backup role. In retrospect there are many ways the guy could have left town, trashing the team with cryptic comments like "I wanted to stay, but they ran me off, blah, blah, blah...", but to his credit he's shown tremendous maturity and professionalism. So much so that you can't help but wish nothing but the very best for him while perhaps not feeling quite as enthusiastic about Arrington's fortunes moving forward. It's a darned shame in both cases, but life does in fact go on.

Yea I wish nothing but the best for this guy. He was a class act. Even after Joe Gibbs yanked him after one half, the guy put his ego aside and did what was best for the team. I have nothing but respect for the guy.

People keep saying how whenever a player leaves the Skins, we start bashing him immediately. No one seems to be bashing Ramsey. Why? Because he's not an ******* like Pierce and Arrington.

One big reason why I think we let Ramsey go for so little(6th rounder) is because Gibbs and crew appreciated the sacrifices he made and dealt Ramsey to where he wanted to go.

Once again, the franchise showed its gratitude by letting Ramsey go to the Jets. And people say that the Skins wronged LaVar. Yea, right.

Redskins fans have to love Pat more than ever now. Not only does he not bad-mouth our team, but he will be throwing interceptions and overthrowing receivers for the Jets now instead of us! What a class act!

Seriously though, I wish him the best. :)

Is it possible to not like Ramsey? The guy is as class as it gets and probably got sacked more than David Carr does under Spurrier and he still probably wants to see the skins win the conference. Best of luck to him.

It is great to read all positive threads on Ramsey. He deserves it. The Spurrior Fun 'n Gun was just a Ramsey slam fest.

I told the Jet fans I know they will be happy with Ramsey and should extend his contract. They have two nice first rounders this year to protect him.

If he does beat us this year, it would be in the SB!

Good Luck.

Very nice move on his part. Having had Gibbs as your coach and Brunell as your mentor probably helped him handle the overall situation. Very nice guy, but why the f' did he have to go to NY? I can't root for anyone or anything from NY. I hope he gets traded. :)

I'm a big Ramsey fan as well... and I will follow this progress for the rest of his career. I don't think the Jets were the ideal situation though.

Agree. Not only is a dink n dunk offense a bad fit, but he has a green-as-grass coaching staff that will probably be overmatched against just about any team they play. At least until they find their way.

Of the teams that needed a QB, I think the Raiders and Dolphins were the best fit for Ramsey. If he's going to succeed in this league, it will have to be with team #3 ala Rich Gannon.

Archived