Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Top ten Redskins coaches

DiscoBob

Since ranking things is apparently the cool thing to do, I didn't want to be left out....so I bring you - the top 10 Redskins coaches

1. Joe Gibbs - Obvious reasons (mostly the laugh)

2.Gregg Williams - In a nail biter, Gregg goes number 2, mostly because I like his hair

3.Al Saunders - Could've been #2, but just got here.....plus, every team needs an Al, and he reminds me of Bob Barker

4. Joe Bugel - Should be higher, but seems like he might be getting senile, which is a huge strike in this business

5. Don Breaux - In the interests of multiculturalism, Don goes #5 because his last name sounds French

6.Earnest Byner - Reminds me of the glory days....not sure if he can coach, but I liked him as a player

7.Coy Gibbs - Nepotism

8.Greg Blache - Duh??

9.Dale Lindsey - A real sleeper pick.....based purely on sex appeal

10. Steve Jackson - I don't even know what he coaches, but I ran out of names - The rams running back is pretty good, so that might count for something?

Haha, this thread was good for a chuckle.

1. Joe Gibbs (HC) - the MAN.

2. Gregg Williams (DC) - Great DC, and future HC.

3. Al Saunders (OC) - One of the best OC's around. Hopefully he stays on when Gregg becomes HC.

4. Joe Bugel (OLs) - The offensive line was finally showing improvement last year.

5. Greg Blache (DLs) - Has done well with not much to work with.

6. Dale Lindsey (LBs) - The development of Washington, Pierce, and Marshall attest to his coaching ability.

7. Danny Smith (ST) - No one mentioned him, but all the other coaches really seem to like him, and our coverage has REALLY improved recently.

8. Jerry Gray (DBs) - Going on what people say, and he had some great DBs in Buffalo.

9. Earnest Byner (RBs) - I guess, Portis seems to like him anyway.

10. Don Breaux (OA) - I'm sure he's a great offensive mind, but the offense didnt really show it last year.

really...top ten current coaches??? c'mon

Top ten reason's why you don't need to worry:

1) It's a joke because of all the other ranking threads

2) It's not a Lavar thread

3) It's a test to see who can name 10 coaches on the Redskins

4) It's nota Lavar thread

5) At least I'm not a Cowpuke fan raving about Patrick Crayton

6) Parcells is fat

7) We have great coaches, so why the **** not rank them

8) American's rank everything

9) It's more interesting than Larry Michael's grass reports

10) It's the offseason

yeah we really need the season to arrive

ain't that the truth....aside from nothing real to talk about here, I have to endure all the baseball news......I just don't understand where people get the stamina to care about a team through 164 games.....

Guest santana4prez

1. Joe Gibbs/Head Coach - HOF coach who knows everything about winning.

2. Gregg Williams/Asst. Head Coach Defense - Can turn any defense into a Top Unit.

3. Al Saunders/ Assoc. Head Coach Offense - Knows how to make a offense work in sync. Turned Kansas City into a offensive powerhouse.

4. Joe Bugel/ Asst. Head Coach Offense - Coaches up the Dirtbags and has really molded the Offensive Line together.

5. Greg Blache/ Defensive Coord.-Defensive Line - Has improved the Defensive Line and really is a underrated coach.

6. Jerry Gray/ Secondary-Cornerbacks - Knows Defense inside and out and is a smart man who knows how to make units better.

7. Don Breaux/ Offensive Coord. - Lots of Experience coaching and working with Offenses. His wisdom is beyond his years.

8. Dale Lindsey/ Linebackers Coach. - Coach who has really made this LB core better and I like how he didnt put up wuth LAs BS.

9. Danny Smith/ Special Teams - High Energy Coach who pumps up his players while showing them how to be better.

10. Earnest Byner/ Running Backs Coach - Has a chance to move up in the coaching ranks. Has really helped Portis adjust the last 2 seasons to DC.

I do want to say all of the coaches are important and vital to this teams success just like it was back in Coach Gibbs's first stint in DC. This list is just my personal opinion.

Joe Gibbs

Flaherty

Lombardi (would be higher if he'd lived longer)

George Allen

and nobody else.

I would imagine you could almost get a consensus on that last. Except, I might switch Lombardi and Allen, since Allen did more for the Redskins.

Just for the record:

Joe Gibbs - 157-82 (3 Championships)

Ray Flaherty - 56-23-3 (2 Championships)

George Allen - 69-35-1

Vince Lombardi - 7-5-2

Guest santana4prez
Joe Gibbs

Flaherty

Lombardi (would be higher if he'd lived longer)

George Allen

and nobody else.

Yeah, I know, current coaches only, but geez....

I would imagine you could almost get a consensus on that last. Except, I might switch Lombardi and Allen, since Allen did more for the Redskins.

Just for the record:

Joe Gibbs - 157-82 (3 Championships)

Ray Flaherty - 56-23-3 (2 Championships)

George Allen - 69-35-1

Vince Lombardi - 7-5-2

1. Joe Gibbs

2. George Allen

3. Ray Flaherty

4. Vince Lombardi

Archived