Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles Trade McMullen for Rookie WR Baskett

fdarugar

Err..

Link??

EDIT: http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=48800

Baskett had a case of the dropsies at the combine. Not sure if I really care about this either way. McMullen was never that great. Fresh new blood.

Eagles | Baskett acquired in trade

Thu, 18 May 2006 12:12:40 -0700

The Philadelphia Eagles have announced the team has acquired rookie WR Hank Baskett from the Minnesota Vikings in exchange for WR Billy McMullen.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

I'd take McMullen over Jacobs...but then again I'd take Flipper Anderson over TJ.

I'm curious to see how the WR position pans out. I have this odd feeling that Lewis and/or McCants days are numbered as an Eagle.

Greg Lewis has got some value...I mean he isn't terrible. McCants will probly be ousted.

This is a really odd move though when you think about it. Spadaro on the Eagles report on the front page says the Eagles really liked him coming out of school but he went undrafted and then the Vikings picked him up. What gives?

Another thing is has there ever been in the history in the NFL a trade for UDFA before they even get to training camp? This is just weird. Not that I care but it is kind of odd.

McMullen was going to get cut any way. Makes you wonder why Brad C would trade for a guy who was going to be cut.

Kind of makes you wonder why Andy R takes a DT from USC who didn't start in college in the 7th round if he really liked Bassett.

This is a really odd move though when you think about it. Spadaro on the Eagles report on the front page says the Eagles really liked him coming out of school but he went undrafted and then the Vikings picked him up. What gives?

Another thing is has there ever been in the history in the NFL a trade for UDFA before they even get to training camp? This is just weird. Not that I care but it is kind of odd.

It's just PR from Spads.

If they were really high on the kid, and he ended up an UDFA, they could have had him. I don't understand the move. Childress must really like McMullen. This will be his breakout year j/k.

So they traded a 3rd round pick from 2003 for an UDFA this year?

Wow. Good value.

;)

Being that McMullen really wasn't able to learn Reid's offense, I'd say it was an OK trade.

Reid gives his receivers a ton of time to learn the offense. If they can't after about three years they get shipped.

Look at some of the receivers who have left philly and haven't even been able to make another NFL team.

Na Brown pick#130

Gari Scott pick #99 (spent a little time here last year)

Freddie Mitchell pick #25 :laugh: (KC gave him a chance)

Freddie Milions pick #162 (I think he did make the bengals roster last year)

Billy McMullen pick#95 traded for an UDFA.

Archived