Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Man are we graced

fansince62

How's that worked out since Jimmah left Jerrah on his own? I've seen the breakdown of the drafts between the time Jimmah left and Tuna came on board and Jerrah makes Charlie Casserly look like a genius.

Well, we did win a Superbowl after Jimmy left. And while we may not have much to show from our drafts in 95-2000, we traded away a couple #1's in order to win that Superbowl. But one things for sure....it DEFINATELY fails in comparison to those sublime washington redskins drafts since then.

had a spare 5 mins this moring so I caught up on F-ball news. By chance, I landed up reading a bunch of cowfolk threads:

"Jerry Jones said this about contact negotiations..."

"Jerry Jones said the player was excused from the golf tournamnet...."

"Jerry Jones said the 3-4 will change player utilization...."

How nice for us that most of the same sentences read..."Joe Gibbs said....."

what a nightmare it must be in Dallas!

It's a beautiful thing. :cheers:

I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

Especially in locker room swith blue stars on the door.

had a spare 5 mins this moring so I caught up on F-ball news. By chance, I landed up reading a bunch of cowfolk threads:

"Jerry Jones said this about contact negotiations..."

"Jerry Jones said the player was excused from the golf tournamnet...."

"Jerry Jones said the 3-4 will change player utilization...."

what a nightmare it must be in Dallas!

I am trying to figure out what part of this stuff is bad.

1. Jerry said we are working on new contracts for Roy, Witten and Bradie James thats his job, Parcells does not negotiate player contracts.

2. Jerry never said anyone was "excused" from anything, there was a charity golf event that players attend but are not required to be at. and Owens, Bledsoe and others had previous commitments and Jones simply stated that it was no concern.

3. Jones was asked about what he liked about the 34 he talked about how they can utilize players in certain situations. wow thats big news.

Does Joe Gibbs negotiate the contracts for the Skins? Run charity gold tourneys?

Seems to me you found a bunch of nothing and are trying to pretend its something

I have loved beating the pukes since my first season watching the Skins (NFC Championship game in 1972 to go to the SB). I love to see the pukes screw up. I loved seeing the pained look in tuna's face when we beat them twice this last year. But the pukes have pretty much owned us for a long time until this last year and one reason is that jerrah is a pretty good owner and Danny has been a pretty bad one. When he gets the taxpayers to largely fund his new stadium, the pukes will be even more formidable. He does look like a piece of saran wrapped fish but to date he has done tons more for his team than Danny has done for us. I hope to see that permanently turn around, but jerrah has three rings. And if jimmy johnson is responsible for that (switzer coached the third time with jimmy's players), well jerrah hired johnson. Danny hired shotdforbrains and stevie before God shined on us and returned Gibbs. Those are just the facts.

Well, we did win a Superbowl after Jimmy left. And while we may not have much to show from our drafts in 95-2000, we traded away a couple #1's in order to win that Superbowl. But one things for sure....it DEFINATELY fails in comparison to those sublime washington redskins drafts since then.

You're joking, right? The only reason the Cowboys won that superbowl with Switzer was because they were still playing with Jimmy Johnson's boys. Jerry didn't have anything to do with that one. A mindless idiot could have coached that team to a Super Bowl win. Wait, one did.

Nice to see Danny taking a back seat this time around.

Parcells has so much pressure on him right now, I cant blame him for not wanting to talk to the media. I know this is his MO. But it is also very convenient at this point.

With the TO media swirl it really is best that no one from Dallas talks to the media. Jones doesnt need to talk about the Cowboys either, but in his mind he is promoting the team and supporting his coaching staff. Parcells on the other hand would rather let game day do the talking (which is old school, and still very much ok). Not to mention that most of the media is intimidated by Parcells for some of his interview tirades, so most of the questions asked are very softball type questions.

Gibbs on the other hand has always had a good connection with the media and they love his personality. He plays the PC role well, laughs off certain aspects and deflects criticism well.

Yep, and everyone in the media still likes to think of Snyder as the "hands-on" type owner who is driving the team in to the ground.

Yeah, I always thought the media overplayed Snyder as a "hands-on" type owner. When things are messed up an owner NEEDS to be hands-on. When things are going well an owner should stay out of the way. I think Snyder has played both roles well.

Sidenote: I always thought the media gave Cassserly a free ride for nearly ten years, while running a champion into the ground. But somehow within two years, they found a way to blame Snyder for everything.

*Casserly hadn't seen post season for six years with only one season of more than eight wins and he didn't even have to start form scratch like Snyder did.

**Not to mention the Casserly's era wiffed on 6 first round picks including D.Howard#4, H.Shuler#3, M.Westbrook#4, A.Johnson#30, and two firsts for B.Johnson?? Compared to the Snyder era of L.Arrington#2, C.Samuels#3, one first for L.Coles/S.Moss (nailed both those imo), S.Taylor#5, P.Ramsey#32.

***Bonus: Casserly fired a coach in one year who had won superbowls for us and the media lies down for it. Marty resigns after refusing to give up a GM job where he started Jeff George & Tony Banks as QB, benches Darrel Green and the media acts like it is the second coming of Napoleon.

It is one of the most UN-even handed things I have seen the media pull.

You're joking, right? The only reason the Cowboys won that superbowl with Switzer was because they were still playing with Jimmy Johnson's boys. Jerry didn't have anything to do with that one. A mindless idiot could have coached that team to a Super Bowl win. Wait, one did.

Actually no, are you? Little recap for you: Jerry bought the team in 1989 after it went 3-13 the year before. They won the Superbowl 3 years later. Think he didnt have the slightest bit to do with that? He hired Jimmy, just so you know...but I mean he shouldn't get credit for that. So Jerry didn't have anything to do with bringing in Deion Sanders, or drafting Larry Allen during that time in order to win a SuperBowl? Switzer went 13-5 in his first season and 15-4 in his second, and won a Superbowl. Shouldn't a mindless idiot have been able to coach the 2000 Skins to a superbowl? how bout the '00 or '01 Bucs, or the Colts last year?

Let me get this straight, when Jerry hires great coaches and wins superbowls he gets zero credit, but if the Skins win one under Gibbs, Snyder is a genius? Give me a break. What exactly does Danny have to show in his tenure besides a history of overpaying for washed up players (Deion, Bruce Smith, Jeff George...etc), and the fleecing of fans with his ticket, food, and parking prices?? --enjoy those next year by the way. Hes forcing the hardcore fans farther and farther up the stadium (or at home in front of their TV's) in order to make way for the corporate types--who will line his pockets. Sure he signed Gibbs, he deserves credit for that....but that cant hold a candle to the successes that Jerry's had.

Actually no, are you? Little recap for you: Jerry bought the team in 1989 after it went 3-13 the year before. They won the Superbowl 3 years later.

Typical Cowboy fan doesn't know facts about his own team

The Cowboys went 2-14 in 1988 and won the Superbowl in year 4 after Jerry bought the team :laugh:

Typical Cowboy fan doesn't know facts about his own team

The Cowboys went 2-14 in 1988 and won the Superbowl in year 4 after Jerry bought the team :laugh:

Look it up. They went 3-13 in '88. My bad on the 3 instead of 4 though, but still impressive nonetheless.

Is that the only thing about my post youre going to comment on???

ouvan/loyal...you got it!

I'm sitting in a meeting right now covering topology management options for layer 2 and layer 3...this is a much better conversation!

I am with you on that. I am in an application deployment meeting and am wishing more and more for retirement!

I think the larger point here is that Redskins fans are getting a bit of a chuckle out of watching Dallas fans put in a position of solemnly defending having the most hands on owner in the league involved in football ops and personnel decisions, and under that arrangement having their team make the single biggest high profile FA gamble in the league in recent years ...and not seeing the delicious irony. :)

Archived