Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I hope Mendes and Cerrato are watching te Hokies and Aggies...

Fitz

...because I want this kid Ty Warren from A&M. 6'4", 308, can play end or tackle, great combo of size, strength and quickness. Plus he has a nice habit of playing his best in the toughest situations. He could go a long way toward curing our ills on the front four.

I noticed the same thing Fitzman. On consecutive plays, he sacked the QB and stuffed Suggs for a two yard loss. Also, he blocked a field goal as well. Definitely a prospect to watch.

Additionally, I like the DE from Va. Tech. Not sure what his name is, but he blew up the LT on consecutive plays and sacked their freshman QB who was beginning to get loose into the Hokie secondary. Took them out of field goal range. Great effort.

Warren ended up with 13 tackles and a blocked FG. Amazing numbers for a D-lineman. He and the Alabama tackles appear to be solid guys.

I was watching Troy Polamalu from USC, since we need safety prospects. He seems slower than last year (maybe all the freaking hair). Troy can still bring the wood though, he's a hitter. Just not sure if he and Lockett can coexist.

Originally posted by Uptown Skins

Lee Suggs is good. But I like Kevin Jones better. He's more explosive.

Uptown,

Being a photographer and from this area, I got the chance to shoot Suggs in high school and NOW at VT. He's better than Jones. He's smart. He doesn't dance around. He can get in the endzone and he simply runs over people. Suggs will go VERY high in the draft. And I would pick him over Jones ANY day.

Oh yeh...I forgot to mention that he has character!

Originally posted by GoSkins

Uptown,

Being a photographer and from this area, I got the chance to shoot Suggs in high school and NOW at VT. He's better than Jones. He's smart. He doesn't dance around. He can get in the endzone and he simply runs over people. Suggs will go VERY high in the draft. And I would pick him over Jones ANY day.

Oh yeh...I forgot to mention that he has character!

They are very close ... why the hell would you ever take someone who tore his ACL a year ago over someone who's healthy? Last time someone took a chance on a RB like that high was the Ravens taking Jamal Lewis at #5 .. and we saw what happened there. ACL tears are not to be messed with at RB.

They are very close ... why the hell would you ever take someone who tore his ACL a year ago over someone who's healthy? Last time someone took a chance on a RB like that high was the Ravens taking Jamal Lewis at #5 .. and we saw what happened there. ACL tears are not to be messed with at RB.

Bingo. Before his injury, there wasnt a faster back in college ball. Now... while still a great back, he's lost a little something. He would have been a top 5 pick before the injury, but now he becomes a gamble, and a bit less explosive.

The DE from Tech is Adibi. Maybe had three sacks? I know he had two.

I remember announcers at the first two games saying the tech staff was raving about a freshman De who missed the first games as being their best lineman. I don't know that it was Adibi.

Davis and a third DLman get a lot of props for Tech also.

Ty Warren made my "I WANT him" list for the draft after the Tech game. If he plays consistently like that and he has to be to 10 materiAL If not top 5.

What I found slightly perplexing is Randall was 10 of 11 passing. Now I know Randall's forte is NOT passing yet, and there was a TON of pressure. But maybe the game would not have been as close if Tech had tried to pass a bit more.

Archived