Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

T-Shirt Update

Blade

Ok, I have the supply of the shirts and they look awesome :)

I have decided to use Airborne Express for the majority of the shipping. The only delay is reconfiguring my database to match thiers so I can import it for label-printing.... once i get this done, I should be able to ship out the shirts.

When I ship them, they should arrive within 5-7 days.

If I can not ship them this weekend, I should be able to get them sent out by the middle of next week. Once again, the limiting step in this process is figuring out how to get the labels printed.

Many thanks to everyone who has donated so far... and many thanks for your patience as I get this shipping issue settled.

Blade ... you can IM me or send me an email and I'll give you

my Airborne Express account. This way it won't cost you anything

to send me mine. This should help cover extra expenses to those

out US.

Check with Code, because if okay with him you can send his and

mine in same pkg. I figure we don't live far apart and can hook

up to get our shirts.

Let me know and I'll help you as much as I can.

Thanks Blade! Mine arrived this morning and they look great. The instructions advise that the shirts be washed first, becuase the colors bleed. I would add that any item w/ iron-ons should be turned inside out before washing. It helps prevent flaking. (Good Lord, I've reduced myself to "Hints from Heloise" status.)

Originally posted by Kevin West

Thanks Blade! Mine arrived this morning and they look great. The instructions advise that the shirts be washed first, becuase the colors bleed. I would add that any item w/ iron-ons should be turned inside out before washing. It helps prevent flaking. (Good Lord, I've reduced myself to "Hints from Heloise" status.)

The shirts werent iron-ons supposedly, they are supposed to be fully burned-on screens that wont fade or run. BUT, I have washed mine a couple times now, and did NOT turn them inside out and it did seem to 'chip' the ink on the images somewhat.

So, that is most likely very good advice Kevin. Glad you got them so fast, since I only sent a few out last night to test Airborne's service.

More to be sent out tomorrow night and over the weekend!

Originally posted by Kevin West

I've heard that as well many different times and always wondered how that can make any difference. In a washing machine the shirt is completely submerged and surrounded by water so what difference does it make if it is inside out or right side out? Who can solve this mystery?

Blade - normally if the shirt's were silk screened they most likely shouldn't chip. Iron ons and transfers are the only t-shirts I've ever had that chipped. You may want to check with the printer and make sure you got what you paid for or ask him why the ink is chipping after only a few washings.

Originally posted by GatorEye normally if the shirt's were silk screened they most likely shouldn't chip. Iron ons and transfers are the only t-shirts I've ever had that chipped.
Ok, Kevin West calls it "flaking," while GatorEye calls it "chipping." Can we have an arbitor provide a ruling on the proper term? I mean come on, this is a football site. We oughta know this stuff.

Silk screened shirt should be turn insideout also, your right they are submerged but the agitate cycle is ruff on cloths. I also suggest you hang them up to dry in stead of using the dryer. My company not only makes plastisols but we do a lot of silk screening too. If they bleed its because they were not cured properly.

Can't wait to get mine. I plan on wearing it during the Titans game.

HTTR

Lowghost

Originally posted by Novato

Blade do you have a list of the extremeskinners that you've sent their t-shirts to?

Ive sent out shirts to everyone in VA, PA, NY, and New England... I finished packing all the rest of the shirts this weekend and I will send them out tonight if I can finish work before the Airborne Express place closes.

For those in Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, or on Military Bases, I will send yours out on Tuesday via USPS.

There are still a few of you who signed up for shirts whose payment has not arrived yet. I will be contacting you shortly...

Archived